- Connecticut man charged in Yale hoax threat Updated: Apr-23-14 3:01 pm
- Conn. public information law changes uncertain Updated: Apr-23-14 2:19 pm
- Gun carry rights expanded in Ga. under new law Updated: Apr-23-14 1:37 pm
- Man loses eye in violence before key Cyprus match Updated: Apr-23-14 1:23 pm
- Andy Lopez protest leads to school campus lockdown Updated: Apr-23-14 12:17 pm
- Washington school bus driver accused of bullying Updated: Apr-23-14 10:40 am
- Student found guilty of terrorizing in Jamestown Updated: Apr-23-14 9:53 am
- Auburn offers $10K reward after 2 campus threats Updated: Apr-23-14 8:29 am
- 'Piles and piles' of bodies in S. Sudan slaughter Updated: Apr-22-14 11:19 pm
- Jury ponders ex-pitcher's police brutality suit Updated: Apr-22-14 10:43 pm
- Oklahoma Senate passes domestic violence measure Updated: Apr-22-14 8:01 pm
- Ga. to launch juvenile offender re-entry unit Updated: Apr-22-14 7:38 pm
- Police: Man killed wife outside NW Indiana school Updated: Apr-22-14 4:52 pm
- Car fleeing shooting hits Indianapolis school bus Updated: Apr-22-14 4:50 pm
- Correction: URI Police-Guns story Updated: Apr-22-14 3:31 pm
- Auburn classes resume after bomb threat cleared Updated: Apr-22-14 3:09 pm
- School district evacuated after bomb threat Updated: Apr-22-14 10:32 am
- 2 teens charged in Danbury school threat Updated: Apr-22-14 8:31 am
- Trial date set for Madison man accused of threats Updated: Apr-22-14 8:22 am
- Professor may have been beaten over grade Updated: Apr-22-14 7:16 am
- Certificate: Del. inmate's death ruled a homicide Updated: Apr-22-14 6:47 am
- Brewers' Gomez has no plans to apologize Updated: Apr-21-14 10:21 pm
- US prosecutor's office in Chicago restructures Updated: Apr-21-14 7:43 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-21-14 5:09 pm
- After Miss. prison fight, monitors call for change Updated: Apr-21-14 11:19 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has been charged with making a call during the November Thanksgiving holidays in which he falsely claimed an armed man was on the way to shoot up Yale University, police said Wednesday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - It's questionable whether lawmakers will pass any legislation this year that would place additional restrictions on the public release of information from homicides as part of an effort to protect victims' privacy following the Newtown school massacre.
ELLIJAY, Georgia - Under a law just signed by Georgia's governor, people with a license can carry a gun into bars, some government buildings and places of worship if religious leaders say it's OK.
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Police say a 27-year-old man has lost an eye after fans of Cyprus' top two teams threw rocks at each other before a key championship match.
SANTA ROSA, California - A protest over the fatal shooting of a 13-year-old boy by a Northern California sheriff's deputy briefly led school officials to lockdown a high school campus.
OLYMPIA, Washington - A school bus driver has been placed on leave while the Olympia School District investigates accusations that he bullied a developmentally disabled 14-year-old girl.
JAMESTOWN, North Dakota - A jury in North Dakota has convicted a 19-year-old California man of felony terrorizing for threats he made at the University of Jamestown that led to a campus lockdown.
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn University and police are offering a $10,000 reward following a pair of threats of campus violence.
NAIROBI, Kenya - The townsfolk believed the mosque was safe. They crammed inside as rebel forces in South Sudan took control of the town from government troops. But it wasn't safe. Robbers grabbed their cash and mobile phones. Then gunmen came and opened fire on everyone, young and old.
HOUSTON - A jury has begun deliberating a former Houston Astros pitcher's multimillion-dollar brutality lawsuit against Galveston police officers who beat him in 2008.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Senate has approved legislation designed to address Oklahoma's escalating domestic violence issues.
ATLANTA - The Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice is launching a new five-person re-entry unit to help cut recidivism and help young offenders find jobs.
GRIFFITH, Indiana - A man fatally shot his estranged wife in the parking lot of a parochial school in northwestern Indiana and later killed himself at his home after a police officer confronted him, police said.
INDIANAPOLIS - A car has struck a school bus in Indianapolis, injuring about a half-dozen children.
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - In a story April 20 about the University of Rhode Island's plan to arm campus police, The Associated Press, relying on information from a faculty union leader, reported erroneously on the date of a meeting of the executive committee of the URI chapter of the American Association of University Professors. The chapter's executive director, Frank Annunziato, said the committee met Tuesday, not Monday.
AUBURN, Alabama - One of Auburn University's largest buildings has reopened after a police investigation into a bomb threat.
LEECHBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania school district has evacuated nearly 1,000 students after a bomb threat.
DANBURY, Connecticut - Two teenagers have been arrested after police say they threatened to harm a student and everyone else at Danbury High School.
MADISON, Nebraska - A June trial has been set for a 23-year-old man accused of threatening three students at Northeast Community College in Norfolk.
MIAMI - Police are investigating the beating of a Miami Dade College music professor to see whether it was ordered by a student angry over a bad grade.
SMYRNA, Delaware - A death certificate states the death of a Delaware inmate has been ruled a homicide.
MILWAUKEE - Carlos Gomez has no plans to apologize for his behavior that set off another brawl.
CHICAGO - One of the country's busiest U.S. attorney's offices has received a makeover under its new chief, including the creation of a violent crimes section that will focus on street-level violence in Chicago, though no new resources are being committed to any of the units, the office said Monday.
Minneapolis Star Tribune, April 18
JACKSON, Mississippi - Violence is out of control, drugs are being smuggled in and guards are not adequately trained at the privately run Walnut Grove Correctional Facility, a prison with a history of troubles, according to court documents.