- Police: Gunman killed estranged wife outside high school Updated: May-05-16 10:52 pm
BELTSVILLE, Maryland - A man fatally shot his estranged wife while she was waiting to pick up their children outside a suburban Washington high school Thursday afternoon and wounded a man who tried to intervene, police said.
- The Latest: Police identify suspect in fatal school shooting Updated: May-05-16 10:29 pm
BELTSVILLE, Maryland - The Latest on a shooting in a high school parking lot that left a woman dead and a man hurt (all times local):
- Man found dead in van tied to Pueblo school shooting ID'd Updated: May-05-16 9:17 pm
PUEBLO, Colorado - Police have released the name of a man who was found dead in a van that was tied to a drive-by shooting at a Pueblo high school.
- Missouri House passes bill to allow guns at college campuses Updated: May-05-16 7:06 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri House has passed a bill with a number of provisions aimed at expanding access to guns.
- NFL prospect charged with tampering after bar shooting Updated: May-05-16 6:23 pm
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio - A former Arizona State linebacker who was set to join the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent has been charged with tampering with evidence after a fatal shooting outside a suburban Cleveland bar.
- Ex-Phoenix policeman accused of assaulting woman acquitted Updated: May-05-16 5:50 pm
PHOENIX - A jury has acquitted a former Phoenix police officer accused of sexually assaulting a woman in his custody last year.
- Mom acquitted of charges of threatening to bomb school Updated: May-05-16 3:48 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City mother has been acquitted of charges that she threated to bomb her daughter's school last year.
- Teen arrested after small homemade bomb goes off at school Updated: May-05-16 3:44 pm
ESCONDIDO, California - Authorities in San Diego County say 15-year-old student was arrested after a small homemade bomb exploded on the campus of a small school in Escondido.
- Man convicted of killing Great Falls woman dies in prison Updated: May-05-16 2:45 pm
DEER LODGE, Montana - A Montana State Prison inmate serving a life sentence for killing a convenience store clerk in Great Falls in 1986 has died in prison.
- Yuma teen arrested for posting shooting threat on Facebook Updated: May-05-16 1:55 pm
YUMA, Arizona - A Yuma teenager has been arrested after allegedly saying on social media he would bring a gun to school.
- Police: 1 dead, 1 collapsed near school bus after shooting Updated: May-05-16 1:13 pm
MIDLOTHIAN, Virginia - Police in Virginia say one person is dead and another collapsed in front of a stopped school bus after a shooting.
- Manziel silent outside court after hearing in domestic case Updated: May-05-16 12:38 pm
DALLAS - Johnny Manziel waded through a crowd of reporters after his first court appearance in a domestic violence case Thursday, ignoring questions and even an autograph request.
- 'Space Invaders,' 'Grand Theft Auto III' hall of fame games Updated: May-05-16 12:20 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - A video game that allowed players to zap marching aliens with dot lasers and another that gave them flamethrowers and put them in the driver's seat in a violent 3-D world are among six games inducted into the World Video Game Hall of Fame.
- Bail hearing delayed for man in Jewish center bomb plot Updated: May-05-16 10:20 am
MIAMI - A bail hearing has been delayed for a man charged with plotting to bomb a Jewish synagogue and school in South Florida.
- Pakistan arrests 13 for strangling, burning girl for 'honor' Updated: May-05-16 8:19 am
ABBOTTABAD, Pakistan - Pakistani police say they have arrested 13 members of a local tribal council who strangled a local girl and set her body on fire for helping one of her friends elope.
- South Africa: Buildings at 17 schools burned in protests Updated: May-05-16 8:18 am
JOHANNESBURG - South African authorities say buildings at 17 schools in a provincial area were set on fire during several days of violence by residents who oppose an administration plan for their area.
- University of Scranton ends hazing probe; teams on probation Updated: May-05-16 7:39 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - The University of Scranton has finished its investigation into alleged hazing involving its men's and women's swimming and diving programs.
- Authorities: Students held after guns found at high school Updated: May-05-16 6:00 am
GARDEN CITY, Michigan - Authorities say two suburban Detroit high school students were taken into custody after loaded guns were found at their school.
- Police: North Canyon High student found with gun in backpack Updated: May-05-16 5:52 am
PHOENIX - A Phoenix high school student has been referred to juvenile court after he was found with a loaded gun in his backpack.
- Fired employee kills co-worker, self at Houston-area company Updated: May-04-16 9:35 pm
KATY, Texas - A man dismissed last month from a Houston-area transportation company stormed into the facility and opened fire on Wednesday, fatally shooting a former co-worker and injuring two others before turning the gun on himself, saying his life had been ruined, sheriff's officials said.
- New Orleans sheriff ships out inmates to cut jail violence Updated: May-04-16 7:19 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The sheriff who runs New Orleans' troubled jail says he's transferring hundreds of inmates to other jurisdictions.
- Group discusses solutions to violence among black men, boys Updated: May-04-16 6:04 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Mayors, city officials and nonprofit leaders from across the country are meeting in downtown Birmingham to discuss ways to address violence among black men and boys.
- Court: White Ohio officers' trial can't move to black suburb Updated: May-04-16 5:23 pm
CLEVELAND - An Ohio appeals court says five white Cleveland police supervisors accused of failing to stop a chase that ended with officers killing two black suspects can't face charges in the predominantly black suburb where the shooting happened.
- Man sentenced to 12 to 30 years in shooting outside school Updated: May-04-16 5:20 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to 12 to 30 years in a shooting outside a Pittsburgh high school 2½ years ago.
- The Latest: Company says gunman acted alone Updated: May-04-16 5:02 pm
KATY, Texas - The Latest on a fatal shooting at a Texas transportation company (all times local):