- Mali separatists launch attacks in central region Updated: May-05-15 3:14 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - Members of a coalition of separatist groups in Mali attacked a town in central Mali on Tuesday, moving violence further south after a cease-fire was broken last week, a spokesman said.
- Milwaukee police use billboards after recent violence Updated: May-05-15 2:42 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police are turning to billboards for assistance after an increase in violence.
- Student in custody after shot fired at Georgia middle school Updated: May-05-15 2:35 pm
CONYERS, Georgia - Sheriff's officials say a student has been taken into custody after a shot was fired inside a middle school.
- Student in custody after shot fired at Conyers Middle School Updated: May-05-15 2:22 pm
CONYERS, Georgia - Rockdale County sheriff's officials say a student has been taken into custody after a shot was fired inside a local middle school.
- Macedonian opposition chief: PM tried to cover up a killing Updated: May-05-15 10:46 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's opposition leader has accused the country's prime minister of attempting to cover up the 2011 death of a 22-year-old beaten by police during postelection celebrations.
- Domestic violence victim files federal civil rights lawsuit Updated: May-05-15 10:07 am
FRESNO, California - A domestic violence victim is suing her ex-boyfriend for federal civil rights violations.
- More violence in Poland after autopsy of fan shot by police Updated: May-05-15 8:38 am
WARSAW, Poland - Nine people have been arrested following the third night of violence in Knurow, in southern Poland, triggered by the death of a football fan hit by a rubber bullet fired by the police.
- Mom: Middle school student attacked on way home from school Updated: May-05-15 6:16 am
WOODBRIDGE, Virginia - A Virginia mom says she's worried about sending her 7th grade daughter back to school after a violent attack.
- Maine getting $860,722 to help domestic violence victims Updated: May-05-15 4:31 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children and Families will award grants totaling $860,722 to help Maine domestic violence victims.
- Oregon bill passes expanding background checks for gun sales Updated: May-05-15 12:29 am
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon bill expanding background checks to encompass nearly all gun sales in the state made it through the Legislature on Monday, overcoming obstacles that stymied two previous attempts to pass similar laws.
- Dover police officer charged with assault Updated: May-04-15 8:25 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The attorney for a Dover police officer is blasting prosecutors' efforts to continue to pursue assault charges against him after a grand jury declined last year to indict him.
- Senate passes bill requiring quicker reporting of bullying Updated: May-04-15 4:57 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A bill backed by Gov. Brian Sandoval that would implement a broad anti-bullying initiative throughout Nevada's school system passed the Senate in an 18-1 vote on Monday.
- Students wear T-shirts supporting shooter to school memorial Updated: May-04-15 4:18 pm
MARYSVILLE, Washington - Some students wore T-shirts supporting the gunman to a memorial remembering the teens who died in an October shooting at Marysville Pilchuck High School.
- Protests highlight troubles of Ethiopian Jews in Israel Updated: May-04-15 3:08 pm
JERUSALEM - When Israel secretly airlifted waves of Ethiopian Jews in the 1980s and 1990s, saving them from war and famine in the Horn of Africa, it was celebrated as a triumphant show of unity for the Jewish people.
- Colorado lawmakers OK bill making schools liable for safety Updated: May-04-15 2:53 pm
DENVER - Legislation to make Colorado public schools legally liable for student safety awaits the governor's signature.
- School bus driver accused of ignoring gun pleads not guilty Updated: May-04-15 1:01 pm
BARBOURVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky bus driver accused of not alerting school officials that two boys had guns in their backpacks has entered a not guilty plea.
- Trial opening in high school athlete's 2013 shooting death Updated: May-04-15 12:17 pm
UNIONTOWN, Pennsylvania - Trial is getting underway in western Pennsylvania in the case of a former Philadelphia resident charged in the shooting death of a standout high school athlete.
- Appomattox schools reopen after threats, death of student Updated: May-04-15 6:22 am
APPOMATTOX, Virginia - Schools in Appomattox County in Virginia will reopen Monday after four schools were closed Friday due to threats against students and the death of a 16-year-old.
- Vasco da Gama beats Botafogo 2-1 to win Rio state title Updated: May-03-15 7:59 pm
SAO PAULO - Striker Gilberto scored in second-half injury time to help Vasco da Gama defeat Botafogo 2-1 to win its first Rio de Janeiro state title in 12 years on Sunday.
- Athens prison brawl leaves at least 2 dead, 21 injured Updated: May-03-15 4:38 pm
ATHENS, Greece - A brawl in an Athens prison wing housing foreigners left at least two inmates dead and 21 others injured on Sunday, many seriously, authorities said.
- 5 teens to stay in custody Hutchinson school threats Updated: May-03-15 3:46 pm
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - Five teenagers charged in juvenile court with threatening to commit shootings on the last day of school at Hutchinson High School will remain in custody.
- Nearly $3M awarded to Ohio to help domestic violence victims Updated: May-03-15 4:06 am
WASHINGTON - The federal government has awarded nearly $3 million to help support victims of domestic violence in Ohio.
- Experts: Convictions will be tough to win in Baltimore case Updated: May-02-15 11:37 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's top prosecutor acted swiftly in charging six officers in the death of Freddie Gray, who suffered a grave spinal injury as he was arrested and put into a police transport van, handcuffed and without a seat belt.
- After calm protests in Oakland, smaller group turns violent Updated: May-02-15 11:26 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland's mayor and police chief acknowledged Saturday falling short in controlling what police said was a night of some of the heaviest damage yet in peaceful marches that have turned violent.
- University of Toledo police search over, no threat found Updated: May-02-15 9:20 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A police search of the University of Toledo student union has found no threat of a gunman or any danger and police have issued an all clear.