- Elderly man sues Greenwich police for alleged brutality Updated: Nov-28-15 4:18 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A 76-year-old man has filed a lawsuit alleging a Greenwich police officer threw him against his car and kicked him after pulling him over for using his cellphone while driving.
- Burger King manager: Police erased video of Chicago shooting Updated: Nov-28-15 4:00 pm
CHICAGO - A Burger King manager who accuses Chicago police of erasing surveillance video in the case of a black teenager shot last year by a white officer says he has testified before a federal grand jury investigating the shooting.
- Boy injured in shooting helps fight Louisville gun violence Updated: Nov-28-15 3:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A 10-year-old boy injured in a drive-by shooting is now helping to combat gun violence in Louisville that has reached its highest level in decades.
- New Mexico court orders new trial in excessive force case Updated: Nov-27-15 10:24 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Court of Appeals is ordering a new trial in a civil case against the city of Clovis and three police officers accused of using excessive force in restraining a man in 2006.
- The Latest: 3 arrested in Chicago Black Friday protests Updated: Nov-27-15 8:41 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer (all times local):
- Outrage after Venezuela opposition leader killed Updated: Nov-27-15 4:48 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The slaying of a Venezuelan opposition leader at a campaign rally is becoming an international flashpoint a week before critical congressional elections.
- Student, 23, charged with making threats at Michigan State Updated: Nov-27-15 3:02 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - A 23-year-old Michigan State University student has been charged in connection with two threats made at the school's campus in East Lansing.
- Police seek help after beating of Binghamton U student Updated: Nov-27-15 6:49 am
BINGHAMTON, New York - Police investigating a robbery and beating that left a 20-year-old Binghamton University student in critical condition are asking for public assistance.
- Ex-officer indicted for fabrications found dead at his home Updated: Nov-26-15 3:54 pm
MILLIS, Massachusetts - A former police officer fired and indicted for fabricating a story about a shootout with a mystery gunman in September and calling in a fake bomb threat to the high school was found dead at his home on Thanksgiving.
- Law allowing guns on campus sparks discussion among students Updated: Nov-26-15 12:22 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - University students in Kansas are starting to talk about a day in the not-too-distant future when anyone over 21 who legally owns a gun will be allowed to carry it onto campuses.
- Chicago schools prepare lesson plan on teen's shooting Updated: Nov-26-15 8:06 am
CHICAGO - Officials of Chicago Public Schools say they're preparing for the fallout resulting from the video showing a police officer shooting 17-year-old Laquan McDonald.
- Officials: Red-haired students at middle school bullied Updated: Nov-25-15 9:05 pm
MELROSE, Massachusetts - School officials in a Boston suburb say they are outraged by a bullying incident in which a group of middle school students kicked other students with red hair during a break in classes.
- No charges for man who left rifle at Utah Capitol Updated: Nov-25-15 7:51 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah man who left an unloaded semi-automatic rifle at the state Capitol as part of a protest against gun violence won't face charges from the October incident, prosecutors said Wednesday.
- Student leader: Washington college unsafe for women of color Updated: Nov-25-15 7:12 pm
SEATTLE - The student body president of Western Washington University said Wednesday she has received death threats involving her race and no longer feels safe on the Bellingham campus.
- Chicago officer who shot teen amassed 18 civilian complaints Updated: Nov-25-15 5:18 pm
CHICAGO - The white Chicago police officer charged with first-degree murder in the fatal shooting of a black teenager was the subject of 18 civilian complaints over 14 years, including allegations that he used racial epithets and excessive force, police and court records show.
- Lawsuit: Iowa officers pointed guns at innocent dad, child Updated: Nov-25-15 4:40 pm
A highway stop in which Iowa police officers pointed weapons at an innocent man and his 6-year-old son has prompted a federal lawsuit and racial profiling claims.
- 4 UC Santa Cruz students attacked, robbed on campus Updated: Nov-25-15 2:29 pm
SANTA CRUZ, California - Four University of California, Santa Cruz students were robbed and assaulted in a campus dorm room.
- Detectives: Boy who shot self at school wasn't bullied Updated: Nov-25-15 12:32 pm
LECANTO, Florida - Detectives have finally been able to speak to a boy who shot himself in front of teachers and classmates at Lecanto High School.
- Brussels schools reopen, maximum threat alert still in place Updated: Nov-25-15 9:51 am
BRUSSELS - When Annelaure Leger dropped off her two children at school on Wednesday, it was like nearly every other day - except for the machine gun-toting policeman.
- Trial postponed for ex-cop in 2013 Virginia on-duty shooting Updated: Nov-25-15 7:54 am
FAIRFAX, Virginia - A trial has been postponed in Virginia for a former Fairfax County police officer charged with murder in the 2013 shooting death of an unarmed Springfield man.
- Suit challenging University of Michigan gun policy dismissed Updated: Nov-24-15 6:55 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A lawsuit challenging the University of Michigan's campus anti-gun policy has been dismissed.
- Judge to rule in assault trial of suburban NY police officer Updated: Nov-24-15 6:20 pm
MINEOLA, New York - A suburban New York police officer who was seen on video repeatedly punching and kneeing a suspect during a 2014 traffic stop will learn his fate next month, a judge said Tuesday at the conclusion of his nonjury assault trial.
- FBI, police investigating threat against Jewish school Updated: Nov-24-15 6:13 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police and the FBI are looking for someone who sent a letter that included racially charged language and threats against people involved with a Jewish school in Greensboro.
- FBI, police investigating threat against Jewish school Updated: Nov-24-15 5:36 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police and the FBI are looking for someone who issued a threat against people involved with a Jewish school in Greensboro.
- 2 teens arrested for threat at Chapel Hill school Updated: Nov-24-15 12:34 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Two teens have been arrested for making a threat on a social media site against a school in Chapel Hill.