- South Dakota lawmakers approve domestic abuse law Updated: Mar-10-14 8:32 pm
- Students testify against allowing guns on campus Updated: Mar-10-14 8:05 pm
- Tough issues still in hopper for Indiana lawmakers Updated: Mar-10-14 6:50 pm
- Lawmakers say they're struggling with FOI proposal Updated: Mar-10-14 6:01 pm
- Oklahoma House OKs guns in school parking lots Updated: Mar-10-14 5:52 pm
- 2 Md. prison guards get 2 1/2 years for assault Updated: Mar-10-14 4:25 pm
- Clerk's spouse earned $146K from troubled program Updated: Mar-10-14 4:19 pm
- 2 Iowa school workers face pharmacy crime charges Updated: Mar-10-14 4:17 pm
- Iowa lawmakers OK anti-bullying plan for schools Updated: Mar-10-14 2:16 pm
- 2 Md. prison guards get 2 years for assault Updated: Mar-10-14 1:39 pm
- Ohio students, teacher charged in bullying case Updated: Mar-10-14 1:21 pm
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' Updated: Mar-10-14 10:27 am
- Madison man accused of threats at college Updated: Mar-10-14 9:43 am
- No arrest in dance gunshot at UW-Oshkosh Updated: Mar-10-14 9:34 am
- 1 hurt during brawl at western NY bowling alley Updated: Mar-10-14 7:14 am
- Southwestern Ill. man accused of school threat Updated: Mar-10-14 4:05 am
- Flamengo wins Guanabara Cup in Rio de Janeiro Updated: Mar-09-14 9:50 pm
- Fraternity to cut pledging after Salisbury hazing Updated: Mar-09-14 5:56 pm
- Hip-hop video contest part of violence prevention Updated: Mar-09-14 3:11 pm
- Conn. panels take up FOI change recommendations Updated: Mar-09-14 3:08 pm
- New Mexico inmate stabbed in gang attack Updated: Mar-09-14 2:40 pm
- Lincoln police pleased with two-officer teams Updated: Mar-09-14 12:08 pm
- For domestic violence victims, promise in GPS Updated: Mar-09-14 11:11 am
- Georgetown U. gets all clear after bomb threat Updated: Mar-08-14 6:17 pm
- W.Va. gun bill heads to gov; mayor critical Updated: Mar-08-14 4:46 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Legislature has given final passage to a measure that changes the state's domestic abuse laws to cover couples who are dating but don't live together.
JUNEAU, Alaska - University of Alaska students testified Monday that they don't want guns on campus.
INDIANAPOLIS - A shutdown of the state's energy efficiency program was sent to the governor's desk Monday, but lawmakers were still mulling over other tough issues, including the proposed relaxing of gun regulations, as they entered the final week of their 2014 session.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Some Connecticut legislators said Monday they're grappling with whether to support legislation proposed this year that would place new restrictions on the public release of information from homicides in an effort to protect victim privacy.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahomans with a permit to carry a handgun could keep their weapon locked inside their vehicle on public school campuses under a bill approved by the Oklahoma House.
BALTIMORE - An irate federal judge sentenced two former Maryland correctional officers to 2 1/2 years in prison Monday for conspiring in the severe beating of an inmate to punish him for having punched a guard in the nose in 2008.
CHICAGO - Tens of thousands of dollars earmarked for a Chicago anti-violence program that was launched by Gov. Pat Quinn in 2010- and has recently come under scrutiny - was paid to the husband of Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.
UNDERWOOD, Iowa - A couple in western Iowa who work for a school district stole prescription pads to fraudulently obtain pain medication from pharmacies in the state as well as in Nebraska, according to a criminal complaint.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers are continuing their efforts to fund an anti-bullying measure that would create an office to coordinate efforts and establish a grant program for schools across the state.
BALTIMORE - Two former state correctional officers are going to federal prison for conspiring in the severe beating of an inmate at Roxbury Correctional Institution near Hagerstown in 2008.
PARMA, Ohio - A substitute teacher and five students at a suburban Cleveland high school face charges after police say a 14-year-old developmentally disabled boy was bullied in gym class.
NEW YORK - In his most extensive comments about the 2012 Connecticut school massacre, the father of gunman Adam Lanza describes his struggle to comprehend what his son did - an act that "couldn't get any more evil" - and how he now wishes that his son had never been born.
NORFOLK, Nebraska - A 23-year-old Madison man has been accused of threatening three students at Northeast Community College in Norfolk.
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - Police say there have been no arrests in a shooting at a dance at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.
WEBSTER, New York - Police say one person has been hospitalized after being hit with a bowling ball when a large fight erupted at a suburban Rochester bowling alley.
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois man is jailed on $500,000 bond after forcing a school's lockdown through a threat authorities say he called in from a tavern.
SAO PAULO - Flamengo defeated Botafogo 2-0 at the Maracana on Sunday to ensure it finishes top in the Guanabara Cup; the first stage of the Rio de Janeiro state championship.
SALISBURY, Maryland - A fraternity suspended for hazing at Salisbury University says it has eliminated the pledging process for members.
BOSTON - A hip-hop video contest will be held for Boston high school students during the city's participation in National Youth Violence Prevention Week.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two legislative committees will hold simultaneous public hearings on bills that would implement recommendations of a task force created after the Newtown school massacre to balance the privacy of crime victims with the public's right to know.
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - New Mexico prison officials say an inmate was stabbed to death in a gang-related attack.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Chad Staley flips a U-turn on 21st Street to check out the license plate on a pickup when something else catches his eye: A red Acura Legend blows a stop sign right in front of him.
MINNEAPOLIS - A pilot program that uses GPS technology to monitor when alleged domestic violence offenders get too close to their victims has shown promise in Ramsey County, say authorities who want to continue offering it as an option to help keep victims safe.
WASHINGTON - Officials have given the all clear after investigating a bomb threat at Georgetown University's Washington, D.C., campus.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia lawmakers have passed a bill letting people with concealed-carry permits bring guns to city-owned recreational facilities, including swimming pools and after-school centers.