- Illinois community college plans to boost foreign recruiting Updated: Nov-28-15 4:11 am
NORMAL, Illinois - A central Illinois community college plans to increase its recruitment of higher-paying international students.
- Sioux City-area families host students for the holidays Updated: Nov-25-15 12:12 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Several northwest Iowa colleges have turned to their communities to find families offering seats at their dinner tables for international students who can't make it home for the holidays.
- Language institute opens center at Roanoke College Updated: Nov-24-15 3:01 am
SALEM, Virginia - Roanoke College is expanding opportunities for international students to improve their English language skills.
- U of Illinois hikes aid, drops scores for in-state students Updated: Nov-23-15 12:30 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - After years of pursuing higher-paying international students and watching in-state enrollment fall, the University of Illinois' flagship campus shifted course this year, increasing financial aid for students from Illinois but also taking the unusual step of accepting lower test scores.
- Meet the student who is trying to invent a better tourniquet Updated: Nov-01-15 8:01 am
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Bijal Rajput was 16 and an emergency medical technician-in-training when she learned how to use a tourniquet, an ages-old technique of tying up a wounded limb to slow severe bleeding. Tourniquets are simple, reliable, sturdy and, in many cases, life-saving.
- UNR grows out-of-state student population Updated: Oct-30-15 2:03 am
RENO, Nevada - The University of Nevada, Reno doesn't just want the brightest Battle Born; it is wooing students born outside the Silver State.