- Wilson returning $200 in donations from 2010 race Updated: Mar-07-14 8:29 pm
- Springfield launches $20M tower restoration plan Updated: Mar-07-14 6:16 pm
- Sandoval files for 2nd term with no big opponent Updated: Mar-07-14 6:07 pm
- NJ's Christie raises money with Georgia Gov. Deal Updated: Mar-07-14 12:22 pm
- Campaign finance lawsuit unlikely to affect 2014 Updated: Mar-07-14 10:32 am
- Illinois governor's race showcases union fears Updated: Mar-07-14 10:23 am
- Scandals prompt ethics bills from Senate Democrats Updated: Mar-06-14 8:19 pm
- Committee votes to extend donation time Updated: Mar-06-14 6:01 pm
- Obama visits Boston for Democratic fundraisers Updated: Mar-05-14 9:59 pm
- After primary victory, Texas' Davis faces big odds Updated: Mar-05-14 6:46 pm
- Pension, gay marriage votes stir primary contests Updated: Mar-05-14 5:13 pm
- Mallott campaign seeks fundraising guidance Updated: Mar-05-14 5:00 pm
- VP Joe Biden visits Atlanta for Nunn fundraiser Updated: Mar-04-14 5:52 pm
- Wisconsin Assembly majority leader loses post Updated: Mar-04-14 3:52 pm
- Junker seeks probation for his part in scheme Updated: Mar-04-14 7:43 am
- Pols: NY public campaign financing vital to women Updated: Mar-03-14 5:10 pm
- Kansas City makes pitch for Republican convention Updated: Mar-03-14 5:06 pm
- Ill. GOP congressional primaries closely watched Updated: Mar-03-14 4:29 pm
- Democrats may win few gains at NC legislature Updated: Mar-02-14 5:43 pm
- Wis. Assembly leader enters treatment Updated: Mar-01-14 7:15 pm
- Democrats give Davis national fundraising help Updated: Mar-01-14 1:26 pm
- Obama revs up Dems as election year encroaches Updated: Mar-01-14 3:57 am
- Obama plans Texas fundraiser in April Updated: Feb-28-14 11:44 pm
- Obama group fires fundraiser over dubious donation Updated: Feb-28-14 8:22 pm
- GOP candidates fined for fundraising violation Updated: Feb-28-14 12:28 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The campaign of South Carolina's top prosecutor is refunding $200 to a lobbyist who donated to his 2010 campaign and correcting campaign filings so that a legal firm didn't appear to give the maximum donation twice, following notification from the State Ethics Commission.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Springfield has launched a $20 million fundraising campaign to help cover new cost estimates to restore its historic downtown bell tower.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval filed for a second term Friday, steamrolling into the 2014 election season sitting atop a huge campaign fund and no big-name opponents in his rearview mirror.
ATLANTA - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is in Georgia to raise money for Gov. Nathan Deal's re-election.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A lawsuit challenging Illinois' caps on political donations is unlikely to be resolved before the 2014 elections.
CHICAGO - When superrich Republican Bruce Rauner decided to run for governor of Illinois, it was clear this wouldn't be the kind of race the state was accustomed to. Rauner, who made his fortune as a venture capitalist, was new to campaigning and bragged of being beholden to no one. He came out swinging at entrenched special interests and "government union bosses" with an intensity not seen before.
SACRAMENTO, California - Stung by criminal charges against two colleagues, the leader of the state Senate and other Democratic lawmakers on Thursday proposed tightening rules on lawmakers and lobbyists.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Senate committee has voted to expand the amount of time lobbyists can give personal donations to candidates running for office in Wisconsin.
BOSTON - President Barack Obama on Wednesday urged Massachusetts Democrats to focus on this fall's midterm elections including boosting turnout, and to pass the hope of opportunity to future generations.
AUSTIN, Texas - After her easy victory in the Texas Democratic primary, Wendy Davis, one of the brightest stars of the 2014 campaign, is now embarking on her mission to win the governor's office and revive her party's fortunes in the heart of conservative America. Already, Texas politics has never seen anyone like her: a dynamo with a trailer park-to-Harvard Law story who makes nationwide donors swoon.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Four months ago, state Rep. Christian Mitchell made a tough vote in favor of Illinois' landmark state pension overhaul. Now he's facing the repercussions.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The campaign of Democrat Byron Mallott is seeking guidance on fundraising under a law that bars gubernatorial candidates from soliciting or accepting contributions in Juneau while the Legislature is meeting.
ATLANTA - Vice President Joe Biden's midterm election fundraising tour made a stop in Atlanta, where he attended a private fundraising event for U.S. Senate candidate Michelle Nunn on Tuesday.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans who control the Wisconsin state Assembly unanimously voted to remove the majority leader from his post Tuesday amid allegations that he groped one woman and verbally abused another during a trip to Washington last week.
PHOENIX - A former Fiesta Bowl chief executive who admitted to participating in an illegal campaign contribution scheme is asking a federal judge to sentence him next week to probation for his conviction.
ALBANY, New York - More than 160 women in elected positions or holding other leadership posts have written to New York's top elected officials, all men, urging them to enact public campaign financing.
Mayor Sly James sang and others talked up Kansas City's ability to put on a good show as a delegation of about two dozen people made a pitch Monday to host the 2016 Republican National Convention in Missouri.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - In a year when only half of Illinois' 18 congressional seats have March primary contests, the most closely watched are between Republicans as the party aims to undo a near Democratic sweep of contested seats two years ago.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Democrats say they've got the energy and voters on their side heading into the 2014 legislative elections because of what Republicans in charge of state government did in 2013.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Embattled Wisconsin state Assembly Majority Leader Bill Kramer's office said Saturday that he has checked into a treatment center while fellow Republicans pushed ahead with plans to strip him of his leadership position amid charges that he sexually harassed multiple women.
TOPEKA, Kansas - House Minority Leader Paul Davis will get fundraising help from a national Democratic group in his bid to unseat Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback.
WASHINGTON - If President Barack Obama and Democrats have their way, voters will see this year's midterm elections as a stark choice: Republicans pushing failed policies from a bygone era versus Democrats advocating for freedom and opportunity for all Americans.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will travel to Houston in April to raise money for House and Senate candidates.
WASHINGTON - Organizing for Action, a group formed to back President Barack Obama's agenda, has fired one of its fundraisers and acknowledged falling short of its standards as questions were raised Friday about whether the group solicited donations in exchange for access to Obama or White House officials.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Republican gubernatorial candidate David Craig and running mate Jeannie Haddaway are facing fines for a fundraising violation.