- To rename or not? Institutions reconsider honors for racists Updated: Jul-05-15 10:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The massacre at a predominantly black South Carolina church has institutions from Alaska to Connecticut evaluating whether they should continue enshrining the names of historical figures linked to slavery and the Confederacy.
- Senator urges flag support with social media, fundraising Updated: Jul-02-15 3:17 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - One of the Legislature's most ardent supporters of the Confederate battle flag says he will introduce an amendment that would allow South Carolina voters to decide whether the flag should fly over the Statehouse grounds.
- Britney Spears tickets used to attract donors for Edwards Updated: Jul-01-15 3:08 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Donate baby one more time?
- Feingold reports $2.2M raised since Senate campaign launch Updated: Jul-01-15 11:31 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Former Sen. Russ Feingold says he raised more than $2.2 million in the second quarter as he seeks a return to the Senate.
- Paul is first major-party candidate to court pot donors Updated: Jun-30-15 7:48 pm
DENVER - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul courted donors from the new marijuana industry Tuesday, making the Kentucky senator the first major-party presidential candidate to publicly seek support from the legal weed business.
- Utah businessman accused of fraud rejects plea deal Updated: Jun-30-15 3:58 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Businessman Jeremy Johnson, a key witness in the criminal cases against two former Utah attorneys general, rejected a plea deal Tuesday that federal prosecutors offered in a wide-ranging fraud case.
- Will latest inflammatory comments tarnish Trump's brand? Updated: Jun-30-15 2:02 pm
NEW YORK - Is Donald Trump's business empire as Teflon-coated as his hair appears to be?
- Bon Jovi's politics: Cash for Clinton, music for Christie Updated: Jun-30-15 12:08 pm
LIVINGSTON, New Jersey - Bon Jovi is playing a big role in the 2016 presidential campaign in New Jersey.
- Rand Paul 1st major-party candidate to court pot donors Updated: Jun-30-15 3:05 am
DENVER - Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul is holding a groundbreaking fundraiser in Denver Tuesday afternoon.
- Democrats active early in key congressional race Updated: Jun-29-15 6:59 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - With months to go before Nevada's primary election in February, Democrats in one of Nevada's most hotly contested congressional races are already competing for endorsements and campaign cash.
- Political opposition groups gain money for 2016 race Updated: Jun-29-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - It was the perfect loop: The Republican opposition research group America Rising finds footage of Democratic Senate candidate Bruce Braley in agriculture-loving Iowa, seeming to put down the intelligence of farmers. That footage becomes part of a 30-second TV ad, by the super PAC American Crossroads, boosting the Republican candidate, Joni Ernst.
- Historical store hosts fundraiser in effort to remain open Updated: Jun-29-15 9:35 am
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire - A southeastern New Hampshire general store that was owned by the same family for over 100 years and has been a longtime campaign stop for presidential candidates is fighting to stay alive.
- GOP WH hopefuls deride gay marriage ruling Updated: Jun-28-15 12:04 am
DENVER - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee told conservatives Saturday that the Supreme Court tried to "unwrite the laws of nature and the laws of nature's God" when it legalized gay marriage across the nation.
- Liberal justices prevail in high-profile Supreme Court cases Updated: Jun-27-15 9:10 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court term that is nearing its end shows how silence can signal success.
- Prosecutors: Feds interfere with Utah attorneys general case Updated: Jun-25-15 8:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two state prosecutors said their federal counterparts are interfering in criminal cases against two former Utah attorneys general by pursuing an illegal campaign contribution case against a key witness.
- Officials donate cash for Utah commissioner in ATV protest Updated: Jun-24-15 7:49 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - After learning that using state funds might spark a lawsuit, officials sympathetic to a Utah county commissioner made a show of going into their pockets and piling wads of cash on a table Wednesday to pay legal bills from his conviction for protesting federal control of public land.
- Guadagno gets invited to Clinton fundraiser Updated: Jun-24-15 6:15 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's Republican lieutenant governor is turning down an invitation to attend a fundraiser for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Clinton takes a 'just enough' strategy to fundraising Updated: Jun-24-15 12:52 pm
ST. LOUIS - The stars are out to raise money for Hillary Rodham Clinton: Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett at the Plaza Hotel, Jon Bon Jovi at home in Jersey. So, too, are the Democratic Party's wealthiest donors, from a Facebook co-founder to the heiress of a brewing fortune.
- Norman city attorney says mayor broke ethics guidelines Updated: Jun-24-15 11:01 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The city attorney in Norman says Mayor Cindy Rosenthal violated ethics guidelines she helped write when she agreed to put her name and title on a flier touting a fundraising event for a candidate in this weekend's Cherokee Nation election.
- Bill ties special session days to post-session fundraising Updated: Jun-23-15 7:08 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - One Washington senator believes that a financial incentive might help future lawmakers get their work done on time.
- Nevada senator to donate white supremacist campaign funds Updated: Jun-22-15 4:35 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Sen. Dean Heller says he plans to give a $500 campaign contribution made by the leader of a white supremacist group cited by Charleston church murder suspect Dylann Roof to a South Carolina charity.
- Donald Trump to visit Arkansas for state GOP's dinner Updated: Jun-22-15 2:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Businessman and reality television star Donald Trump will travel to Hot Springs next month as a keynote speaker for the Republican Party of Arkansas.
- FEC sues Utah businessman over donations to 2 US senators Updated: Jun-20-15 7:33 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Federal Election Commission is suing a Utah businessman, saying he made $170,000 in illegal campaign contributions to U.S. Sens. Harry Reid of Nevada and Mike Lee of Utah and former Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff in 2009 and 2010.
- Gift to Nixon raises questions about Missouri campaign funds Updated: Jun-20-15 11:40 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - An internationally known union donated $50,000 to Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon days after he recently vetoed a contentious right-to-work measure, a sizeable contribution that could help fund a re-election campaign - if he was not term-limited from running again.
- Walker launches fundraising blitz ahead of likely run Updated: Jun-19-15 1:38 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker told donors on Friday that he's still praying about whether to run for president, even as the Wisconsin governor launched a website to raise money and hedged on earlier promises not to announce his intentions until after he signed the state budget.