- State fines ex-Snohomish County head for campaign violations Updated: Apr-28-16 5:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Public Disclosure Commission has fined former Snohomish County Executive Aaron Reardon $4,200 for violating state campaign laws during his 2011 re-election campaign.
- Big Bush and Rubio donors shun Cruz and Kasich, Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - It seems like a logical pairing: Republican donors who despise Donald Trump, and two GOP presidential rivals sticking it out to keep him from the nomination.
- City Hall officials subpoenaed amid campaign finance probes Updated: Apr-27-16 11:59 pm
NEW YORK - Aides to Mayor Bill de Blasio have been subpoenaed by state and federal prosecutors amid investigations into his campaign fundraising operation, his administration said.
- Fundraiser for John McCain arrested in drug bust in Phoenix Updated: Apr-27-16 8:38 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix woman has been dropped as a political fundraiser for U.S. Sen. John McCain's re-election campaign after being arrested on suspicion of drug possession and other charges.
- Ohio bill would restore rare coins sales tax exemption Updated: Apr-26-16 11:50 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A legislative committee is continuing to consider a bill that would restore a sales tax exemption for residents purchasing rare coins and precious metal bullion.
- Carlson to headline fundraiser for Arkansas Republicans Updated: Apr-25-16 12:19 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Political writer and commentator Tucker Carlson is headlining a fundraiser for the Arkansas Republican Party next month.
- Md. congressional primary features largest self-funder ever Updated: Apr-24-16 5:34 pm
CHEVY CHASE, Maryland - A Maryland congressional primary contender has broken the record for what a self-funded House candidate has poured into a single campaign, as wine superstore owner David Trone has uncorked more than $12 million of his own amid a crowded Democratic field.
- Murkowski is money leader in Senate race; Stock raises $270K Updated: Apr-23-16 1:01 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski brought in more than $700,000 toward her re-election bid during the first quarter of the year, ending the period with nearly $3.4 million available.
- Party spurns US Senate candidate who almost won in 2010 Updated: Apr-23-16 12:57 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrat Joe Sestak came tantalizingly close to winning a seat in the U.S. Senate six years ago and is hoping Tuesday to secure a rematch, but the party establishment wants nothing to do with him, pouring millions into the campaign of his chief rival.
- Flores has money lead for April in competitive House primary Updated: Apr-22-16 7:30 pm
LAS VEGAS - Congressional candidate Lucy Flores has far outraised her Democratic primary opponents this month thanks to help from Bernie Sanders.
- Tennessee lawmakers adjourn 109th General Assembly Updated: Apr-22-16 6:00 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee lawmakers adjourned the 109th General Assembly on Friday without scheduling a veto override session.
- Gray runs first TV ad of his Senate campaign Updated: Apr-22-16 3:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democratic Senate hopeful Jim Gray, whose hefty loan put his campaign on even financial footing with Republican Sen. Rand Paul, has dipped into his account for his first big ad buy.
- Indiana lawmaker defends taking family on California trip Updated: Apr-21-16 9:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - U.S. Rep. Marlin Stutzman on Thursday defended his decision to have his Senate campaign pay more than $2,000 for a six-day trip to California last summer that his wife described on social media as a family vacation.
- Lucy Flores reports windfall after help from Bernie Sanders Updated: Apr-21-16 3:08 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Democratic congressional candidate Lucy Flores reported a fundraising windfall Thursday after Bernie Sanders, whom she endorsed a few months ago, asked his supporters to donate to her campaign.
- Underdog presidential candidates spend heavily to catch up Updated: Apr-21-16 9:31 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders continued to outpace rival Hillary Clinton in fundraising - and spending - last month, new Federal Election Commission filings show.
- Pro-Kennedy PAC has less than expected in campaign account Updated: Apr-21-16 4:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A super PAC supporting state Treasurer John Kennedy in Louisiana's U.S. Senate race has missed the fundraising mark it expected to reach.
- 4 candidates vie for open Idaho Supreme Court seat Updated: Apr-19-16 9:45 pm
BOISE, Idaho - One of the most important races in the upcoming May primary election is an open spot on the Idaho Supreme Court, but the little-known position isn't expected to draw voters despite attracting a wide range of candidates.
- Challenger Johnson raises more new money than Utah governor Updated: Apr-19-16 6:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Overstock.com executive Jonathan Johnson brought in more new campaign contributions in recent months than Gov. Gary Herbert as both men vie for the Republican Party's nomination for governor, new fundraising reports show.
- GOP Kentucky governor to investigate Democratic predecessor Updated: Apr-19-16 3:26 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's Republican governor said Tuesday he is hiring a private law firm to help investigate his Democratic predecessor for what he said were potentially illegal procurement practices.
- Liz Cheney outraises competitors for House seat Updated: Apr-19-16 3:06 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Liz Cheney is outraising competitors in her bid for a U.S. House seat, bringing in over $730,000.
- The Latest: Beshear calls Bevin inquiry 'pathetic spectacle' Updated: Apr-19-16 2:45 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Latest on Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin's investigation into his Democratic predecessor (all times local):
- Mississippi House turns back limit on taking campaign cash Updated: Apr-19-16 2:29 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - With longtime members rebelling against changes, the Mississippi House voted down a bill that would have restricted personal use of campaign money.
- Guinta remains unpopular after money troubles Updated: Apr-19-16 1:49 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A new poll shows only 4 percent of likely voters in New Hampshire's 1st Congressional District say they would definitely vote to re-elect Republican Frank Guinta in the wake of his campaign finance troubles, though fewer voters rule him out completely.
- Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions to headline Rutherford GOP event Updated: Apr-19-16 12:12 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, the chairman of presidential candidate Donald Trump's national security advisory team, is scheduled to headline a Rutherford County Republican Party fundraiser next month.
- New Jersey party spending dips in 1st quarter of 2016 Updated: Apr-19-16 11:10 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Spending and fundraising by New Jersey's top political party committees have dipped in the first quarter of the year.