- Hillary Clinton plans fundraising stop in Tulsa Updated: Nov-27-15 3:25 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is planning a fundraising stop early next month in Tulsa.
- Bill Clinton opening fundraising spree for wife's campaign Updated: Nov-25-15 2:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Former President Bill Clinton is going on a fundraising swing reminiscent of his presidential campaigns of the 1990s. But this time he's doing it for his wife.
- House Democrats push campaign finance reform, ethics board Updated: Nov-24-15 7:12 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - House Democratic leaders on Tuesday rolled out their proposals for reforming New Mexico's scandal-plagued campaign finance reporting system and creating a statewide ethics commission - measures they say would help restore voters' faith in government.
- Lawsuit challenges Illinois ban on marijuana campaign money Updated: Nov-24-15 4:19 pm
CHICAGO - Two Libertarian political candidates have asked a federal court to declare unconstitutional an Illinois ban on political contributions from the state's new medical marijuana industry.
- Road-building exec sentenced for minority-contractor scam Updated: Nov-24-15 10:57 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A politically connected paving contractor was sentenced to 30 months in prison for his role in a bid-rigging and kickback scheme involving nearly $90 million in government highway construction projects.
- Bill to aid Maine deaf school's fundraising moves forward Updated: Nov-22-15 9:05 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A bill that would promote private fundraising for Maine's school for the deaf will go forward to the legislature in the coming session.
- Bill Clinton to raise money for wife in Raleigh, Greensboro Updated: Nov-20-15 7:07 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Former President Bill Clinton is coming to North Carolina early next month to attend some private fundraisers to benefit his wife's presidential campaign.
- Fundraising campaign started for badly burned truck driver Updated: Nov-19-15 12:58 pm
MANCHESTER, Vermont - An online fundraising campaign has been established to aid an upstate New York truck driver who was severely burned during a large propane leak in Vermont last week.
- O'Malley holding fundraiser in Arkansas in December Updated: Nov-19-15 11:59 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Democratic presidential hopeful Martin O'Malley is holding a fundraiser in Arkansas next month, visiting rival Hillary Rodham Clinton's adopted home turf.
- Montana is latest state to reform campaign finance rules Updated: Nov-18-15 6:00 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana is the latest state to overhaul its campaign-finance rules in an attempt to cast out dark money after the U.S. Supreme Court allowed corporations to spend unlimited amounts in elections.
- Ethics panel ends allegations against attorney general Updated: Nov-18-15 4:58 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The State Ethics Commission dropped allegations Wednesday that Attorney General Alan Wilson took eight donations exceeding the legal limit during his re-election campaign.
- 2016 Senate contenders in Ohio differ on Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-18-15 12:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Candidates in Ohio's closely watched 2016 U.S. Senate race favor different approaches to Syrian refugees in the wake of the Paris attacks.
- Arizona panel directs cash for border fence to technology Updated: Nov-09-15 8:03 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona lawmakers who hoped to build miles of fencing along the border with Mexico using millions of dollars in private donations are instead directing the money to buy equipment for a border sheriff's office after the state received just a fraction of the donations needed.
- Martinez 'confident' adviser did nothing wrong Updated: Nov-09-15 3:57 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez said Monday that she's confident a close political adviser did nothing wrong and called allegations of fundraising violations "cheap shots" following reports of a federal investigation.
- Big spending expected for state legislative races in 2016 Updated: Nov-07-15 10:26 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - While the presidential campaign commands the public's attention, political parties and financial contributors are quietly preparing for another less glitzy yet significant set of elections a year from now - battles to determine control of dozens of state legislative chambers.
- Walker sends out fundraising plea in face of debt Updated: Nov-06-15 5:12 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has sent out a fundraising plea to backers asking for their help as he faces an estimated $1 million debt from his failed presidential campaign.
- Jeb Bush fundraiser slated Friday for Raleigh Updated: Nov-06-15 4:02 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina supporters of Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush are aiming to give him a financial push during his visit to Raleigh.
- Denise Juneau launches campaign for Montana's US House seat Updated: Nov-04-15 5:24 pm
HELENA, Montana - The first female Native American elected to a statewide office in Montana is setting her sights on Congress.
- Man who stole political donations sentenced to 2 years Updated: Nov-04-15 1:21 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A man who stole more than $1 million in contributions to conservative political causes, including campaign funds for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, was sentenced to two years in prison by a Kentucky judge.
- College owner charged with bundling campaign contributions Updated: Nov-04-15 3:46 am
MIAMI - The majority owner of Dade Medical College has turned himself in to authorities following charges that he illegally bundled over $159,000 in campaign contributions to politicians.
- The Latest: Maine voters bolster clean election law Updated: Nov-03-15 11:42 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The latest on the Maine election. (All times local.)
- Governor's son elected Kentucky's next attorney general Updated: Nov-03-15 10:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democrat Andy Beshear, the son of Kentucky's governor, was elected as the state's next attorney general by a razor-thin margin Tuesday, surviving a Republican onslaught that cost Democrats the governorship and the state auditor's office.
- Maine voters pass campaign finance reform, $100M in bonds Updated: Nov-03-15 10:45 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - In a victory for advocates of clean elections, Maine will bolster public campaign finance laws weakened by a 2011 U.S. Supreme Court ruling because of voters' passage of a referendum on Tuesday.
- Election Day meal traditions go way back, going strong Updated: Nov-03-15 11:47 am
PITTSBURGH - Dinners offered by social clubs or churches on Election Day are a western Pennsylvania tradition that may not be directly related to the celebrations that took place on voting days in New England shortly after the Revolutionary War, but they could be distant cousins.
- On Broadway, Obama takes a bow mocking Republicans Updated: Nov-02-15 9:32 pm
NEW YORK - Appearing on Broadway for one night only: Barack Obama, in a solo comedy act roasting the Republican Party.