- Republicans draw in more money for top La. statewide races Updated: Jul-27-15 8:23 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republicans are outraising Democrats in Louisiana's top two races on the Oct. 24 ballot, for governor and lieutenant governor - and pouring more of their own money into their competitions as well, according to the latest campaign reports.
- State of the Race: The campaign for Pennsylvania's US seat Updated: Jul-26-15 10:49 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrats can expect to decide a primary contest in nine months to see who will challenge U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey, a Republican who is seeking his second six-year term in the 2016 election. The seat is expected to be crucial to determining control of the U.S. Senate, and Democrats hope their four-to-three registration advantage in Pennsylvania and heightened voter interest in the presidential election will deliver a victory to their eventual nominee. Here is a look at the race and the candidates:
- As Democrats fret over 'sharing economy,' GOP moves in Updated: Jul-26-15 2:55 am
DENVER - The debate over ride-hailing firm Uber is laying bare divides in the Democratic Party and on the left about how to handle the new "sharing" economy. Republicans are hungry to exploit that ambivalence and make inroads into a wealthy sector of the tech industry.
- Parson dropping Missouri governor's bid to seek No. 2 post Updated: Jul-25-15 7:37 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's crowded Republican primary for governor shrunk by one Saturday, as state Sen. Mike Parson dropped out and announced that he instead will seek the state's No. 2 post of lieutenant governor.
- Officials: Harrisburg judge forced employees to donate money Updated: Jul-24-15 5:34 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A judge in Pennsylvania's capital city faces extortion and other charges after officials say he demanded campaign donations from his employees.
- Report: Rauner campaign used gift cards to help get out vote Updated: Jul-23-15 7:07 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner's campaign handed out thousands of dollars in gift cards to people who helped get supporters to the polls during the November election, prompting questions about transparency and whether recipients should be considered volunteers or campaign staff.
- Date set for McMaster's ethics hearing on 2010 donations Updated: Jul-23-15 1:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A complaint against Republican Lt. Gov. Henry McMaster that accuses him of taking nearly $70,000 in illegal campaign donations after an unsuccessful run for governor could be resolved as early as September.
- Poll: Guinta's support plummets amid financing scandal Updated: Jul-23-15 11:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Support for U.S. Rep Frank Guinta is eroding according to a new poll that showed that more than 40 percent think he should resign amid his campaign finance troubles and only 5 percent say they would back his re-election bid next year.
- Official: Pennsylvania governor's aide preparing Senate bid Updated: Jul-22-15 6:42 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The top aide to Pennsylvania's governor resigned Wednesday in preparation to run for U.S. Senate in 2016 in a state seen by Democrats as key to helping them regain the chamber's majority.
- Donald Trump wealth details released by federal regulators Updated: Jul-22-15 5:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal election regulators released new details Wednesday about Republican presidential candidate and celebrity businessman Donald Trump's wealth and financial holdings, weeks after he estimated his net worth at roughly $10 billion.
- Clinton raising money in finance sector as she raps industry Updated: Jul-22-15 11:05 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton is pushing an agenda that takes on Wall Street, going after financial investors for focusing too heavily on their own immediate profits. But she's also taking their money, targeting some of those same executives to fund her presidential campaign.
- Rep. Wagner sends campaign donation from Trump to VFW post Updated: Jul-22-15 9:59 am
BALLWIN, Missouri - A member of Missouri's Republican congressional delegation is sending a $1,000 campaign donation from Donald Trump to a Veterans of Foreign Wars post.
- A timeline of Blagojevich's career, legal battles Updated: Jul-21-15 7:50 pm
CHICAGO - Highlights from imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's political career and legal saga:
- Clinton stops for soup, cobbler ahead of Michigan fundraiser Updated: Jul-21-15 5:37 pm
DETROIT - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton has stopped for some soup and sweet potato cobbler in Detroit ahead of a $2,700-a-head fundraiser in the suburbs.
- Campaign donations pour in for top Massachusetts lawmakers Updated: Jul-21-15 4:47 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo collected more than $415,000 in campaign donations during the first half of the year - more than during any previous six-month period for the powerful Democrat.
- Brownback campaign seeks donation from Westar amid rate case Updated: Jul-21-15 2:17 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's campaign approached a Westar Energy official for a campaign debt donation while the utility is in the process of seeking a rate increase, a newspaper reported.
- Virginia governor headed to Maine next month Updated: Jul-21-15 4:28 am
FREEPORT, Maine - Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe of Virginia is going to headline a Maine Democratic Party summer fundraiser.
- Sen. Moran gets nearly $30,000 from American Indian tribes Updated: Jul-21-15 2:35 am
WICHITA, Kansas - U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran of Kansas has received nearly $30,000 in support of his re-election bid from 12 different American Indian tribes since January, including Kansas' Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation.
- Rounds raises $42,700 in second quarter; $30,300 in debt Updated: Jul-20-15 7:04 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota U.S. Sen. Mike Rounds has raised about $42,700 in the most recent fundraising quarter and is sitting on about $30,300 of debt.
- Donald Trump plans Michigan visit for GOP fundraising event Updated: Jul-20-15 2:49 pm
BIRCH RUN, Michigan - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump plans to visit Michigan next month for a speech at a GOP fundraising event.
- Vitter: $1.3M raised in latest quarter for governor's race Updated: Jul-20-15 1:32 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - U.S. Sen. David Vitter continues his strong fundraising in the Louisiana governor's race.
- Arizona law stakes claim over unauthorized campaign signs Updated: Jul-19-15 3:55 pm
PHOENIX - With city elections in Phoenix next month and 2016 races around the corner, Arizona regulators are warning people that they might need to pull up stakes on the many campaign signs on lawns and street corners.
- Hillary Clinton tries to lift Democrats' spirits in Arkansas Updated: Jul-18-15 11:10 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Returning to the state where she served as first lady for 12 years, Hillary Rodham Clinton tried to lift the spirits of Arkansas Democrats on Saturday night after recent losses that have turned what was once friendly turf for her party into decidedly Republican territory
- Trump touts business background as he visits Arkansas Updated: Jul-17-15 10:13 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Donald Trump showed no signs of backing down from his heated rhetoric as the businessman brought his presidential campaign to Arkansas on Friday, vowing to be the "greatest job-producing president that God ever created" and promising to win the Hispanic vote despite his controversial remarks on immigration.
- Gov.'s legal counsel knew of board member interest conflict Updated: Jul-17-15 6:38 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The chief legal counsel for Gov. Pat McCrory knew almost a year ago that the law firm of a North Carolina Board of Elections member had received money from the target of an investigation into questionable political donations.