- Correction: Senate Republicans-Fundraising story Updated: Dec-12-13 4:00 pm
- APNewsBreak: SC comptroller faces ethics hearing Updated: Dec-12-13 3:32 pm
- Cheney's daughter boosting Ind. amendment foes Updated: Dec-11-13 7:28 pm
- Pa. Dem gov hopeful Wolf says he's raised $2.9M Updated: Dec-11-13 3:54 pm
- Mass. Democrat Clark to be sworn into US House Updated: Dec-11-13 2:35 am
- Democrat Clark wins Mass. congressional race Updated: Dec-10-13 11:10 pm
- US Sen. Robert Menendez engaged Updated: Dec-10-13 4:52 pm
- Quinn touting pension reform in campaign letter Updated: Dec-10-13 11:48 am
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- Texas couple gives $12.3M to Mississippi State Updated: Dec-10-13 4:41 am
- Report: Independent expenditures pour into Maine Updated: Dec-09-13 12:14 pm
- Mt. governor campaigns for Md. 2014 candidate Updated: Dec-09-13 10:59 am
- Ex-UA fundraiser to testify about deficit Updated: Dec-08-13 3:59 pm
- For unions, Democrats' 2014 primary is a dilemma Updated: Dec-07-13 2:37 pm
- Correction: NY Corruption Commission story Updated: Dec-06-13 1:56 pm
- Lewiston men testify before Maine ethics panel Updated: Dec-05-13 6:42 pm
- Walker says wouldn't have sent fundraising letter Updated: Dec-05-13 11:28 am
- Former bailout boss weighs run for Calif. governor Updated: Dec-05-13 1:27 am
- Federal agents search home of former GOP lawmaker Updated: Dec-04-13 4:16 pm
- County endorses park for teen shot by deputy Updated: Dec-04-13 3:48 pm
- Vinehout takes steps toward gubernatorial campaign Updated: Dec-04-13 2:07 pm
- Branstad holds political fundraiser in Texas Updated: Dec-03-13 11:44 am
- SD hunger relief organization gets $1M donation Updated: Dec-03-13 11:10 am
- Texas Gov. Perry returns to early primary state Updated: Dec-03-13 4:06 am
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl lobbyist facing conspiracy charge Updated: Dec-02-13 11:31 am
ATLANTA - In a story Dec. 9 about the Georgia Senate Republican Caucus' fundraising, The Associated Press erroneously reported that no contributions had been reported to either the caucus' old or new political action committee in 2013. However, online records show at least one $5,000 contribution to the old PAC and at least one $5,000 contribution to the new PAC.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top accountant is accused of using campaign money to accompany his girlfriend to the Republican National Convention last year.
INDIANAPOLIS - Mary Cheney, the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, on Wednesday rallied opponents of an effort to write Indiana's gay marriage ban into the state constitution.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Tom Wolf's gubernatorial campaign said Wednesday it has raised $2.9 million in addition to the $10 million the businessman plans to spend in the primary race, raising eyebrows but prompting no similar disclosures by his poker-faced Democratic competitors.
BOSTON - Democrat Katherine Clark may not have to wait long to be sworn in as the state's newest member of Congress.
BOSTON - Democrat Katherine Clark easily defeated three opponents Tuesday to win a vacant congressional seat and become the fifth woman to represent Massachusetts in the U.S. House.
NEWARK, New Jersey - U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez is engaged.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Pat Quinn went without a paycheck for months to make the point that lawmakers needed to pass a pension reform bill. Now he's seeking to make sure the successful effort pays off in his re-election bid.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Texas oilman Tommy Nusz and his wife, Terri, have donated $12.3 million to the Mississippi State University Campaign.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Citizens for Clean Elections says outside money is pouring into Maine and that it's being funneled in such a way that it's difficult to track who's behind the money.
BETHESDA, Maryland - The governor of Montana will appear at a fundraiser for Maryland Attorney General Douglas Gansler, who is running in a crowded Democratic primary next year for governor.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A former University of Arkansas fundraiser who was fired after his department ran up a more than $4 million deficit is set to testify this before a legislative committee.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In 2002, the clock hadn't even struck 12:01 a.m. before Pennsylvania's labor unions had given well beyond $1 million to Bob Casey, the rising star of the state Democratic Party who nevertheless went on to lose the gubernatorial primary to Ed Rendell six months later in a race that wasn't even close.
ALBANY, New York - In a story Dec. 4 about New York's corruption commission, The Associated Press erroneously reported a power given to the governor under the Moreland Act. It authorizes creation of a commission to investigate the executive branch, not the legislative branch.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine ethics panel hasn't decided whether two Lewiston-area men suspected of misreporting campaign contributions in a 2011 bid for a casino will be sanctioned.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker said Thursday he wouldn't have put out a fundraising letter sent by a fired campaign staffer that asked supporters to donate to him rather than buy Christmas gifts for their children.
SACRAMENTO, California - Those who have heard of Neel Kashkari know him as the former U.S. Treasury official who was in charge of the bank bailout at the height of the recession.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Federal agents recently searched the home of former Republican state Sen. Kent Sorenson and seized computers and other materials, his attorney said Wednesday.
SANTA ROSA, California - Officials in a San Francisco Bay Area county where a sheriff's deputy shot and killed a 13-year-old boy have endorsed work on a memorial park for the slain teen and voted to add lapel cameras to deputies' uniforms.
EAU CLAIRE, Wisconsin - A Democratic primary in the Wisconsin governor's race looks more likely after state Sen. Kathleen Vinehout said this week that she had hired someone to organize a statewide campaign.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad is back in Iowa after a political fundraising trip to Texas.
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - A Brookings businessman has donated $1 million to help Feeding South Dakota expand services and facilities.
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Texas Gov. Rick Perry is returning to this early presidential primary state to help raise money for the South Carolina Republican Party.
PHOENIX - A court hearing for an ex-Phoenix lobbyist whose former clients included the Fiesta Bowl has been delayed.