- Cameras show arrests down amid Texas border security push Updated: Oct-03-15 2:16 pm
DALLAS - Data from the Texas Department of Public Safety's 1,200-plus border cameras shows that in the 14 months since the state began a surge of law enforcement along the Texas-Mexico border, the number of arrests in smuggling events detected by the technology has dropped, according to a newspaper report.
- Hungary's Orban attacks Croatian counterpart over migrants Updated: Oct-02-15 12:09 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary's prime minister lambasted his Croatian counterpart Friday, accusing him of being the envoy of a global left-wing organization with the job of attacking Hungary - some the strongest statements yet in neighborhood disputes caused by the migrant crisis.
- The Latest: Hungary to close reception center in Debrecen Updated: Oct-02-15 11:43 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The latest developments in the hundreds of thousands of refugees and other migrants passing through Europe on their way west. All times local.
- AP Interview: Libya says Parliament will go past deadline Updated: Sep-28-15 10:49 am
UNITED NATIONS - The leader of Libya's parliament says the elected House of Representatives will continue talks past the Oct. 20 deadline for its mandate to expire if a peace deal with the divided country's rival government isn't reached by then.
- Border Patrol agent is indicted in 2012 fatal shooting Updated: Sep-24-15 7:21 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A Border Patrol agent charged with second-degree murder in the death of a Mexican teen is one of only three agents to face murder charges in more than 20 years.
- Guyana says Venezuela deploys troops to disputed border Updated: Sep-22-15 6:47 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Guyana President David Granger said Tuesday that Venezuela has deployed troops to a contested border region in what he called a "dangerous" escalation of a long-running dispute between the South American nations.
- Tech disruption briefly affects some passport controls in US Updated: Sep-19-15 11:37 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. officials say Customs and Border Protection experienced a brief technology disruption affecting some automated passport control and global entry kiosks.
- 4 San Bernardino deputies to receive honor for bravery Updated: Sep-17-15 5:46 am
SAN BERNARDINO, California - Four San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies will receive the Congressional Badge of Bravery from the U.S. Attorney General's Office next week.
- Southwestern ranchers say Border Patrol not protecting them Updated: Sep-17-15 12:51 am
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - The U.S. Border Patrol does not go far enough to protect Southwestern ranchers from smugglers and others who cross the Mexican border illegally, the business owners said Wednesday during a conference of western sheriffs in Arizona.
- NY National Guard helicopter crew headed to Mexican border Updated: Sep-15-15 1:42 pm
ALBANY, New York - A New York Army National Guard helicopter crew is headed to the U.S.-Mexico border to conduct aerial reconnaissance missions.
- Police: Man killed in fall from Niagara Falls bridge Updated: Sep-10-15 3:18 pm
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - Authorities say a man who'd been in the country illegally fell off the Rainbow Bridge and died while apparently trying to sneak back into the United States after taking pictures of Niagara Falls.