- DPS: Disputed roadblocks won't return to Valley Updated: Dec-04-13 6:45 pm
- Young woman gives birth at El Paso border point Updated: Dec-02-13 3:54 pm
- Correction: Woman Found story Updated: Nov-25-13 3:41 pm
- US: 10 tons of marijuana seized at Arizona border Updated: Nov-19-13 8:52 pm
- Dorms, student center planned at W.Va. facility Updated: Nov-19-13 12:07 pm
- Fairbanks-to-Dawson flights get go-ahead Updated: Nov-16-13 6:19 pm
- Rubio seeks to reconnect with the right Updated: Nov-15-13 3:49 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Nov-14-13 3:35 pm
- Top Catholic bishop presses House on immigration Updated: Nov-07-13 6:31 pm
- Arizona border fence plan stalled after 3 years Updated: Nov-06-13 5:55 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Traffic checkpoints along the Texas border that critics say were state-operated immigration traps won't be deployed again without lawmaker support, Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said Wednesday.
EL PASO, Texas - Customs officials say a 17-year-old U.S. citizen gave birth to a baby boy on Thanksgiving Day with the help of Customs and Border Protection agents at a West Texas port of entry.
BENSON, Vermont - In a story Nov. 19 about the rescue of a woman who got lost in the woods, The Associated Press, relying on information from the Vermont State Police, erroneously reported the name of the federal government office that provided the helicopter that spotted her. It was the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Air and Marine, not the Customs and Border Protection Air and Marine Division.
NOGALES, Arizona - In a record-breaking bust for Arizona, authorities seized more than 20,000 pounds of marijuana hidden in a truckload of squash as the driver tried to cross into the U.S. from Mexico, federal officials said Tuesday.
HARPERS FERRY, West Virginia - A contract has been awarded for the construction of 250-room residence halls and a student center at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's training facility in Harpers Ferry.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced plans to double the number of customs positions at Fairbanks International Airport, a move that will allow direct flights between Fairbanks and Dawson City, Yukon.
MIAMI - Stung by conservative backlash earlier this year, Marco Rubio has spent months seemingly trying to convince skeptical fellow Republicans that he's more than just the Florida senator who championed comprehensive immigration reform.
The Free Press of Mankato, Nov. 14
WASHINGTON - The president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops is pressuring the House to act on immigration legislation before the end of the year, calling the issue "a matter of great moral urgency" that cannot wait.
PHOENIX - A plan by Republican Arizona lawmakers to build a mile of fencing along the border with Mexico using private money has stalled nearly three years after it was sanctioned by the Legislature.