- Judge denies bid to halt Yellowstone bison slaughter Updated: Feb-05-16 3:56 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A federal judge has denied a request to halt the planned capture and slaughter of bison migrating from Yellowstone National Park.
- Elgin to improve zoo facility for bison Updated: Feb-03-16 5:10 am
ELGIN, Illinois - Fans of Elgin's zoo want the city to add bison as well as upgrading current bison facilities in a $200,000 improvement plan.
- Illinois prairie draws more visitors since arrival of bison Updated: Jan-23-16 10:19 am
WILMINGTON, Illinois - A herd of bison that made their home at Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie last fall has drawn more visitors to the northeastern Illinois area.
- Yellowstone proposes bison quarantine on Montana reservation Updated: Jan-13-16 6:33 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone National Park wants to transfer hundreds of wild bison to an American Indian reservation in northeastern Montana to reduce the number of animals it ships to slaughter for disease prevention.
- Yellowstone chief: bison slaughters to continue for now Updated: Jan-12-16 10:30 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Large numbers of migrating Yellowstone National Park bison are likely to face slaughter for at least the next couple of winters as officials weigh changes to a 15-year-old agreement that drives the practice, the park's superintendent said.
- Federal officials consider protections for cat-like predator Updated: Jan-11-16 7:21 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Government officials will consider new protections for a small, fanged predator that thrives in old-growth forests of the Northern Rockies over concerns that trapping, habitat loss and poisoning could be harming the animal's population.
- Yellowstone chief: bison slaughters to continue for now Updated: Jan-11-16 2:32 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Large numbers of migrating Yellowstone National Park bison are likely to face slaughter for at least the next couple of winters as officials weigh changes to a 15-year-old agreement that drives the practice.
- Bison hunt in northwest Wyoming picks up Updated: Jan-09-16 12:27 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - Hunters have killed about 100 bison in Jackson Hole since the bison hunt season started Aug. 15.