- The Latest: 3rd round a graduation party for Bengals' Dunlap Updated: Apr-29-16 11:25 pm
CHICAGO - The Latest on the second day of the NFL draft (all times Eastern):
- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Updated: Apr-29-16 6:27 pm
Laremy Tunsil said enough about Mississippi at the NFL draft for the university to launch an investigation into his time at the school. Now, the former Rebel offensive lineman only wants to talk about his new team, the Miami Dolphins.
- Ohio schools close over misinterpretation of video threat Updated: Apr-29-16 6:00 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Six Ohio school districts closed on Friday while authorities investigated what turned out to be a misinterpretation of an anonymous video threatening the safety of "American students."
- The Latest: Video threatening US students posted from Europe Updated: Apr-29-16 4:40 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - The Latest on a video threat connected to Ohio University (all times local):
- Hacked: After bizarre video Tunsil's NFL draft stock drops Updated: Apr-29-16 7:46 am
Laremy Tunsil tumbled down the NFL draft board Thursday night after a bizarre video of him was posted on his Twitter account minutes before the start of the proceedings, potentially costing the offensive lineman millions of dollars.
- Man charged with stealing $23,000 from woman on social media Updated: Apr-28-16 8:19 pm
NEW CARROLLTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police have arrested a man they say fraudulently obtained $23,000 from a woman he contacted on social media.
- The Latest: Businessman withdraws reward in Ohio shootings Updated: Apr-28-16 5:26 pm
PIKETON, Ohio - The Latest on the developments in the killings of eight family members in southern Ohio (all times local):
- Mom convicted of creating public nuisance for Facebook post Updated: Apr-28-16 5:02 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - A New Mexico woman has been convicted of creating a public nuisance by posting an online comment about the possibility of a shooting at her son's middle school.
- Instagram videos lead to arrest in reckless driving case Updated: Apr-28-16 1:57 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say a man's own Instagram videos led to his arrest in a reckless driving investigation.
- Georgia couple sues Snapchat over car crash Updated: Apr-28-16 9:43 am
GRIFFIN, Georgia - A Georgia couple is suing Snapchat, claiming that the social media app's "speed filter" tempted a woman to drive too fast and to cause a crash that injured the husband.
- Cruz' ex co-chair in Virginia heads to Syria, praises Assad Updated: Apr-27-16 8:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Sen. Ted Cruz's former campaign co-chairman in Virginia has traveled to Syria and promised support for the government of President Bashar Assad, who U.S. officials have repeatedly said has lost the legitimacy to rule the war-torn country.
- Facebook still isn't a mall, but its bots aim to change that Updated: Apr-27-16 6:28 pm
NEW YORK - It's now possible - though neither easy nor particularly convenient - to buy stuff on Facebook via automated messaging "bots." But it's far from clear that people really want to go shopping on the social network.
- Clinton embraces Trump's mention of 'woman's card' Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
ATLANTA - Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have launched into a rhetorical scrum, with the Republican front-runner eliciting a backlash that highlights his perilous standing among female voters who could help propel the likely Democratic nominee to the White House.
- Ethics group: It's OK for judge candidates to use Facebook Updated: Apr-27-16 2:58 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A North Dakota judicial ethics advisory committee says it's OK for judge candidates to use Facebook and other social media in their campaigns, as long as they don't ask for money.
- Qatar's largest bank investigating alleged data breach Updated: Apr-27-16 2:21 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Qatar's largest bank is investigating a security breach that appears to have exposed sensitive personal data for what could be hundreds of customers, including employees of international broadcaster Al-Jazeera and potentially senior government officials.
- Thailand's military government cracks down on opponents Updated: Apr-27-16 10:22 am
BANGKOK - Thailand's military government on Wednesday turned up the pressure on its opponents, filing a legal complaint against critics of a proposed new constitution and detaining 10 people in connection with social media postings.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- House backs bill to use testimonials to combat terrorism Updated: Apr-26-16 7:37 pm
WASHINGTON - The House passed a bill Tuesday requiring the Department of Homeland Security to use testimonials from former extremists and other social media messages to combat "Hollywood-style propaganda" used by the Islamic State and other militant groups to recruit new members.
- Maybe Twitter needs to get used to being small Updated: Apr-26-16 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - Twitter gets lots of grief from investors because it hasn't taken over the world the way Facebook did, at least in terms of amassing users.
- UCF police: No threat in library after report of gun Updated: Apr-26-16 5:48 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Campus police say they've found no threat at the University of Central Florida library following unconfirmed reports of a man or woman with a gun, but the incident did lead to an unintended gunshot.
- 2 baby bald eagles get new names - Freedom and Liberty Updated: Apr-26-16 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two baby bald eagles at the U.S. National Arboretum in Washington have been officially named "Freedom and "Liberty" following a "Name the Nestlings" social media campaign.
- Horse rescues draw attention in deadly Houston-area storms Updated: Apr-26-16 11:51 am
HOUSTON - Darolyn Butler spent about 18 hours in and out of the swirling floodwaters of Cypress Creek last Monday, April 18, trying to rescue 75 drowning horses in her care.
- Alexandria student accused of threats involving school prom Updated: Apr-26-16 8:08 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A Louisiana high school student is facing three charges, including terrorizing, following an investigation of threats made on social media about a potential incident at the school prom.
- Turkey's Erdogan chases critics at home and abroad Updated: Apr-26-16 7:13 am
ISTANBUL - Ebru Umar was sleeping in her summer residence on Turkey's Aegean coast when police arrived at her door and took her away for questioning about two of her tweets that were deemed offensive to Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Texas vet who killed cat testifies at hearing on license Updated: Apr-25-16 11:41 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas veterinarian who boasted online of killing a cat with a bow and arrow testified Monday at a licensing hearing that the incident has left her "essentially unemployable."