- Facebook nude-painting case can face trial in France Updated: Feb-12-16 2:55 pm
PARIS - If you post a 19th-century nude painting on Facebook, is it art or impermissible nudity? That question is now cleared for trial in France, after an appeals court there ruled that an aggrieved user can sue the social network over the issue.
- Shkreli campaign for boss music collection rolls on Updated: Feb-12-16 12:21 pm
NEW YORK - Former pharmaceutical chief Martin Shkreli's campaign to build up an impressive music portfolio rolls on.
- Kanye's lyrics about Taylor Swift ignite new controversy Updated: Feb-12-16 11:39 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Kanye West's new album, "The Life Of Pablo," has ignited a new controversy between the rapper and pop superstar Taylor Swift.
- Cop placed on leave after comment about activist's suicide Updated: Feb-12-16 8:03 am
FAIRBORN, Ohio - Officials say an Ohio police officer is being put on paid leave over a Facebook comment about a Black Lives Matter activist who killed himself on the Statehouse steps.
- Indonesia warns messaging apps to drop same-sex emoticons Updated: Feb-12-16 12:14 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Human Rights Watch on Friday urged Indonesian President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo to protect gay and lesbian rights, a day after his government told instant messaging apps to remove stickers featuring same-sex couples in the latest high-profile attempt to discourage visible homosexuality in the socially conservative country.
- Aunt of teen accused in slaying charged with supplying gun Updated: Feb-11-16 6:48 pm
CHICAGO - Two years after a Facebook feud over a boy ended with one 14-year-old girl dead and another 14-year-old girl charged with murder, the aunt of the accused Chicago teen was arrested on federal charges that she supplied the gun.
- Cruz app data collection helps campaign read minds of voters Updated: Feb-11-16 3:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Protecting the privacy of law-abiding citizens from the government is a pillar of Ted Cruz's Republican presidential candidacy, but his campaign is testing the limits of siphoning personal data from supporters.
- Deputies: Snapchat posting of money leads to robbery Updated: Feb-11-16 9:54 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Authorities say a photo of money posted on the Snapchat social media app led to a home invasion and robbery in Boca Raton.
- Deputies: Snapchat posting leads to knife-point robbery Updated: Feb-11-16 9:32 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Authorities say a photo on the Snapchat social media app led to a home invasion and robbery in Boca Raton.
- Cudlitz's 'Walking Dead' 'stache has its own Twitter account Updated: Feb-10-16 8:02 pm
NEW YORK - On "The Walking Dead," Michael Cudlitz's character, Abraham Ford, is known for his bright red hair and distinctive Fu Manchu-like mustache.
- Disappearing act: Twitter reports flatlining user growth Updated: Feb-10-16 7:24 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter set out to build a virtual town square bustling with billions of people. But it's starting to look more like a novelty stand as the masses flock to other services that strike a more personal chord.
- Brother: Right-to-die advocate Christy O'Donnell dies Updated: Feb-10-16 6:53 pm
SAN DIEGO - Christy O'Donnell, a single mother with lung cancer who became a prominent figure in the California right-to-die debate, has died. She was 47.
- Twitter tweaks its timeline in pursuit of more users Updated: Feb-10-16 5:28 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter is tweaking the way that tweets appear in its users' timelines in its latest attempt to broaden the appeal of its messaging service.
- Senate committee endorses student privacy bill Updated: Feb-10-16 4:32 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A state Senate committee has endorsed a proposed bill that would prohibit K-12 teachers and school officials from prying into students' private personal social media accounts.
- Banham got Kobe's attention with 60-point game for Minnesota Updated: Feb-10-16 4:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Rachel Banham was two days removed from her 60-point performance for Minnesota when the real highlight happened.
- Sikh man barred from Mexico flight sees 'small victory' Updated: Feb-10-16 3:17 pm
MEXICO CITY - An Indian-American actor and designer who was turned away from an airline flight after refusing to remove his Sikh turban during a security check said he's "thrilled" that Aeromexico is vowing to overhaul its screening protocols.
- 6 tips to keep your Facebook clean, secure and private Updated: Feb-10-16 10:37 am
NEW YORK - Got hundreds of Facebook friends you hardly know?
- Steam atop WTC confused for smoke; concern on social media Updated: Feb-10-16 7:52 am
NEW YORK - A combination of steam and the lights atop 1 World Trade Center had some people concerned that smoke was rising from the tower.
- Agencies contend Facebook is breaching French privacy laws Updated: Feb-09-16 4:42 pm
PARIS - Two agencies contend Facebook is breaching privacy laws in France by tracking and using the personal data of more than 30 million users, as well as non-users who are browsing the Internet.
- Illinois bill would criminalize filming fights to put online Updated: Feb-09-16 4:34 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The video posted on Facebook showed a 12-year-old on the ground while another boy tried to stomp him, with classmates standing by, circling the two and recording the fight on their phones.
- The Latest: Slain teen's father speaks of online grounding Updated: Feb-09-16 11:18 am
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - The Latest on slain Virginia 13-year-old Nicole Lovell (all times local):
- Authorities: Man posted nude images of teacher on Facebook Updated: Feb-09-16 4:26 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A Berkeley County man has been arrested after authorities say he posted multiple nude photos of a female high school teacher on a fake Facebook account.
- Budweiser didn't pay for Manning's post-Super Bowl shout out Updated: Feb-08-16 8:54 pm
LOS ANGELES - No, Anheuser-Busch didn't pay Peyton Manning to say he'd be drinking a lot of Budweiser after winning the Super Bowl.
- Facebook restores page for medical marijuana dispensary Updated: Feb-08-16 6:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Facebook has restored the business page of one of three New Jersey medical marijuana dispensaries it shut down last week for violating the social media company's policy against promoting the sale of drugs.
- The Latest: Weather forecast called for storm-force winds Updated: Feb-08-16 5:16 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on a cruise ship that was damaged in bad weather in the Atlantic Ocean (all times local):