- UnitedHealth's 1Q profit tumbles 8 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 8:52 am
- Branstad backs extension of health care policies Updated: Apr-16-14 6:52 pm
- MNsure names Deloitte lead vendor to overhaul site Updated: Apr-16-14 6:36 pm
- Correction: Health Overhaul-Audit story Updated: Apr-16-14 5:16 pm
- Defend 'Obamacare' unabashedly, some Democrats say Updated: Apr-16-14 4:39 pm
- Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies Updated: Apr-16-14 12:45 pm
- Kreidler to meet with Obama on health care reform Updated: Apr-15-14 8:41 pm
- Praeger, Kansas groups urge health compact veto Updated: Apr-15-14 1:47 pm
- Report projects health care costs to dip slightly Updated: Apr-14-14 1:55 pm
- Crowded field seeks GOP nod in 6th District Updated: Apr-12-14 1:46 pm
- Calif. Democrats walk middle path in health debate Updated: Apr-12-14 10:46 am
- Alaska ad proudly ties Dem senator to 'Obamacare' Updated: Apr-11-14 5:24 pm
- Senate hopeful Brown: Health law erodes freedom Updated: Apr-10-14 7:56 pm
- 2016 campaign checklist: Hillary Clinton Updated: Apr-10-14 6:38 pm
- House passes Ryan budget with big cuts Updated: Apr-10-14 6:25 pm
- Vermont appoints Miller over health care overhaul Updated: Apr-10-14 6:10 pm
- GOP, Dems clash over online domain name oversight Updated: Apr-10-14 4:27 pm
- Sebelius: 7.5 million now signed up Updated: Apr-10-14 12:31 pm
- House defeats bipartisan fix to 'Obamacare' Updated: Apr-09-14 6:35 pm
- Report: Exchanges yield more specialty drug claims Updated: Apr-09-14 2:16 pm
- Many 'Obamacare' critics accepted its subsidies Updated: Apr-08-14 5:09 pm
- Government hikes Medicare Advantage pay estimate Updated: Apr-07-14 7:58 pm
- Survey confirms gains in health insurance sign-ups Updated: Apr-07-14 1:01 pm
- New partisanship challenges Oregon health reforms Updated: Apr-06-14 1:18 pm
- GOP hopefuls for Ark. AG vow to fight federal govt Updated: Apr-06-14 1:15 pm
UnitedHealth Group's first-quarter net income slid 8 percent as funding cuts to a key product and costs imposed by the health care overhaul dented the health insurer's performance.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad says Iowa has agreed to a federal recommendation that will allow thousands of residents to hang onto health insurance policies that don't meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's online health insurance marketplace announced Deloitte Consulting on Wednesday as the lead manager to overhaul its troubled website and computer systems, citing the company's record of success in other states.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In a story April 12 about a planned review of the rollout of the Vermont Health Connect website by the state auditor, The Associated Press incorrectly reported how much had been spent on the project so far. About $66 million in federal grants has been spent, not $180 million. The story also should have made clear that the federal government will make a total of $173 million in grants available for the program and other health reform efforts.
WASHINGTON - The outlook for the president's health care overhaul suddenly appears brighter, and some Democrats are saying it's time for the party to openly embrace the law that Republicans consider their best campaign weapon.
WASHINGTON - As political campaigns begin to heat up, the Supreme Court is deciding whether false accusations and mudslinging made during an election can be punished as a crime.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler is traveling to Washington, D.C. to discuss health care reform issues with President Barack Obama.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger and several health care organizations urged Gov. Sam Brownback on Tuesday to veto legislation that would allow Kansas to join a multistate health care compact.
WASHINGTON - The Affordable Care Act's health insurance subsidies will cost a little less than previously thought, according to a new report released Monday.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - On the campus of Samford University, seven Republican hopefuls took the stage at a candidate forum to explain why voters should send them to the U.S. Congress.
WASHINGTON - Democratic Rep. Ami Bera has been making a habit lately of bucking his own president and voting with the Republican majority in the House as it moves to amend or overturn parts of the national health care law.
WASHINGTON - After months of watching Democrats get hammered over President Barack Obama's health care law, friends of an embattled senator are fighting back by proudly linking him to "Obamacare."
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Announcing his campaign to return to Washington by way of New Hampshire, former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown tweaked the state's "Live Free or Die" motto Thursday to bash both President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law and Democrat Jeanne Shaheen's support for it.
WASHINGTON - A look at Hillary Rodham Clinton's preparations for a potential 2016 presidential campaign:
WASHINGTON - House Republicans rallied behind a slashing budget blueprint on Thursday, passing a non-binding but politically imposing measure that promises a balanced federal ledger in 10 years with sweeping budget cuts and termination of health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Commerce Secretary Lawrence Miller will be getting a new job overseeing the overhaul of the health care insurance system statewide, officials announced Thursday.
WASHINGTON - Republican opposition to Obama administration plans to spin off U.S. oversight of the Internet's domain name system is evolving into an election-year political fight, with GOP lawmakers using it as the latest front in their attacks on President Barack Obama's trustworthiness.
WASHINGTON - Enrollment for the president's health care law has grown to 7.5 million Americans, the Obama administration announced Thursday, handing President Barack Obama and the Democrats bigger coverage numbers to tout in the face of election-year attacks.
WASHINGTON - The House on Wednesday rejected a bipartisan fix to the Affordable Care Act that would exempt U.S. health plans sold to expatriate workers from having to comply with the law's mandates.
Patients from the health care overhaul's new insurance exchanges have been more likely to use expensive specialty drugs for chronic conditions, according to data from the nation's largest pharmacy benefits manager.
WASHINGTON - Several big corporations have reaped millions of dollars from "Obamacare" even as they support GOP candidates who vow to repeal the law. This condemn-while-benefiting strategy angers Democrats, who see some of their top congressional candidates struggling against waves of anti-Obamacare ads partly funded by these companies.
The government has raised its payment estimate for Medicare Advantage plans months ahead of a busy election season during which cuts to the program promise to be a key focus for politicians and voters.
WASHINGTON - A growing share of Americans got health insurance as sign-up season for President Barack Obama's health care law came to a close last month, a major survey released Monday has found.
SALEM, Oregon - Gov. John Kitzhaber has spent at least a decade trying to drive politics out of health care reform, and he successfully drew bipartisan support for an ambitious plan to redesign the system serving poor people on Medicaid.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The three Republicans running for Arkansas attorney general are all vowing to use the post to fight what they call the federal government's "overreach" on issues ranging from health care to the environment, but differ on how to do so.