- Washington health insurance rates to go up 4.2 percent Updated: Aug-27-15 6:46 pm
SEATTLE - People who buy their health insurance on the Washington Healthplanfinder exchange can expect an average 4.2 percent increase in their rates in 2016.
- Most health insurers raise 2016 Florida Obamacare rates Updated: Aug-26-15 2:14 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Premiums for most health insurance policies sold on the federal exchange are increasing for Floridians this year, but state regulators used new authority to negotiate lower rates so the hikes aren't as big as they could have been, according to filings released Wednesday by the Office of Insurance Regulation.
- Alaska veterans say reformed VA hurting, not helping Updated: Aug-25-15 7:44 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A 2014 law to reform the Veterans Administration health care system has only made things worse in Alaska, according to veterans testifying Monday at a congressional listening session in Fairbanks.
- Cruz brings undo-Obama message to GOP event in Cheyenne Updated: Aug-20-15 8:05 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz campaigned at a Wyoming Republican Party fundraiser Thursday with tea-party-flavored promises to undo huge portions of President Barack Obama's legacy, from health care reform to a nuclear agreement with Iran.
- GOP hopeful Scott Walker offers health plan with tax credits Updated: Aug-18-15 2:28 pm
BROOKLYN CENTER, Minnesota - Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker on Tuesday offered an alternative to President Barack Obama's health care law that would provide tax credits and restructure Medicaid, and took a swipe at GOP rivals in Congress for their inability to repeal the law.
- Health law sign-ups keep growing; uninsured rate declines Updated: Aug-13-15 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Nearly a million people signed up for health insurance under President Barack Obama's law even after the official enrollment season ended, helping push the share of uninsured Americans below 10 percent and underscoring how hard it could be for Republicans to dismantle the program.
- Blunt: US Senate doesn't have votes to ax Affordable Care Updated: Aug-13-15 5:06 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's Republican U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says the Senate doesn't have enough votes to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
- As Kasich takes stage, Democrats push back against claims Updated: Aug-06-15 6:36 pm
CLEVELAND - As Ohio Gov. John Kasich joined a crowd of fellow Republicans appearing in his home state at Thursday's first presidential debate, national and state Democrats criticized the record he touts of improving the state's economy, adding jobs and helping the less fortunate.
- Aetna turns in better-than-expected 2Q, hikes forecast again Updated: Aug-04-15 1:10 pm
Aetna's second-quarter earnings jumped 33 percent and the health insurer raised its 2015 forecast again after receiving a boost from a government business it plans to feed with a roughly $35 billion acquisition.
- Breastfeeding advocates rally in Concord Updated: Jul-31-15 12:11 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Nursing mothers joined advocates at the Statehouse lawn on Friday to emphasize that women who breastfeed in the workplace should not face discrimination or retaliation, kicking off World Breastfeeding Week.