- 'Dateline NBC' gathers Bill Cosby accusers for special Updated: Oct-08-15 4:45 pm
NEW YORK - NBC News correspondent Kate Snow says that bringing 29 women who have accused Bill Cosby of assault together for a "Dateline NBC" special Friday took on an importance beyond the individual cases.
- ESPN cuts sponsored daily fantasy sports elements from shows Updated: Oct-06-15 7:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - ESPN is cutting sponsored DraftKings elements from within its shows but not commercials from the daily fantasy sports site. That's according to ESPN Outside the Lines host Bob Ley, who revealed the shift during his show Tuesday.
- DVR usage changes Nielsen ratings picture Updated: Oct-06-15 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - Football and CBS - sometimes both -dominated ratings during the second week of the television season.
- China journalist refuses to confess despite police pressure Updated: Oct-01-15 1:46 am
BEIJING - Journalist Liu Hu says that once he was detained by police the pressure for him to confess was unrelenting. They told him that, unless he confessed, he would stay behind bars longer and his wife would abandon him.
- Newscast airs from lawn after bomb threat on building Updated: Sep-30-15 8:31 pm
GLENDALE, California - Southern California TV station KABC-TV had to air its Wednesday afternoon newscast - weather, sports and all - from the building's front lawn after a bomb threat.
- ABC apologizes for mixing up video of Indian actresses Updated: Sep-30-15 2:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - ABC's "Nightline" is apologizing for confusing new network star Priyanka Chopra with another Indian actress.
- Sinclair stations begin show with Attkisson Updated: Sep-30-15 1:54 pm
NEW YORK - Former CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson promises her new Sinclair Television show will be different than typical Sunday morning public affairs programs, but she couldn't resist having Donald Trump as her first guest.
- Fox, SiriusXM launch headline news service Updated: Sep-30-15 10:25 am
NEW YORK - Fox News is collaborating with SiriusXM to launch a 24-hour news service that will update satellite radio listeners and mobile device users on headlines every 15 minutes.
- Russian media talk up Putin's speech Updated: Sep-28-15 2:11 pm
MOSCOW - In an hours-long marathon of commentary, Russia's two main TV stations on Monday talked up President Vladimir Putin's speech at the U.N. General Assembly as tough and uncompromising.
- ABC apologizes for claiming O.J. Simpson video as exclusive Updated: Sep-26-15 9:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - ABC News apologized for promoting as an exclusive a videotape of O.J. Simpson that NBC had aired 15 years ago.
- Putin, Trump open new '60 Minutes' season on CBS Updated: Sep-24-15 2:44 pm
NEW YORK - Producers at CBS are making four separate episodes of "60 Minutes" for Sunday, trying to fit in three stories that include two top-of-the-news interviews - with Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump.
- Study: Presidential campaign coverage outpacing past Updated: Sep-23-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - By one measure, the 2016 presidential campaign has made more news at this early stage than any of the six previous contests.
- Brian Williams returns to airwaves for pope coverage Updated: Sep-22-15 5:05 pm
NEW YORK - Brian Williams returned to the airwaves of MSNBC to anchor coverage of the visit of Pope Francis to the United States on Tuesday, his first day back at work following his suspension from NBC News and demotion for misleading viewers about his role in news stories.
- CNN hires foreign correspondent Clarissa Ward from CBS News Updated: Sep-21-15 9:11 am
NEW YORK - Award-winning foreign correspondent Clarissa Ward is joining CNN, the network announced Monday.
- Kate Snow appointment continues MSNBC transformation Updated: Sep-17-15 3:55 pm
NEW YORK - MSNBC on Thursday appointed Kate Snow to anchor an afternoon news broadcast, nearly completing a daytime refocus of the struggling network back to news that will be fully on display next week when Brian Williams returns to the air for coverage of Pope Francis' visit to the United States.
- NBC's Chuck Todd settling in after year at 'Meet the Press' Updated: Sep-11-15 12:09 pm
NEW YORK - One of the ironies in this season of Trump is that the man who publicly mocked "Meet the Press" moderator Chuck Todd for low ratings was responsible for Todd's best ratings ever on the show.
- The Weather Channel cuts Roker, Champion, reality shows Updated: Sep-10-15 2:28 pm
NEW YORK - The Weather Channel says it is getting rid of its reality TV shows, along with morning shows led by Sam Champion and Al Roker.
- Brian Williams returning to air on Sept. 22 Updated: Sep-10-15 12:47 pm
NEW YORK - Former NBC News anchor Brian Williams will return to the air on Sept. 22 as part of MSNBC's coverage of Pope Francis' visit to the United States.
- Trump asks CNN to give debate advertising sales to veterans Updated: Sep-09-15 11:15 am
NEW YORK - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump is asking CNN to donate to veterans the proceeds from advertising sold to air during next week's Republican debate.