- 2 NDSU track athletes competing at Pan Am Juniors Updated: Jul-31-15 11:32 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Two junior national champions from the North Dakota State University men's track and field team are competing at the 2015 Pan American Junior Championships this weekend in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Canadian Olympic head to back Toronto to make 2024 bid Updated: Jul-26-15 7:00 pm
TORONTO - The head of the Canadian Olympic Committee said Sunday he would push Toronto to bid for the 2024 Olympics.
- As Pan Am Games wind down, Toronto examines 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Jul-25-15 6:20 pm
TORONTO - Organizers want to keep the focus on the Pan American Games until rapper Kanye West brings down the curtain in Sunday's closing ceremony.
- Pan Am racquetball champion would like to be in Olympics Updated: Jul-24-15 4:42 pm
TORONTO - Paola Longoria of Mexico has won all that she can.
- Brazilian Pan Am water polo player accused of sex assault Updated: Jul-24-15 1:50 pm
TORONTO - A Brazilian water polo player who competed in the Pan Am Games is wanted in an alleged sex assault, and police believe he has left Canada.
- NDSU track standout set to compete in Pan American Games Updated: Jul-24-15 2:33 am
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota State University track and field standout and Canadian national champion Erin Teschuk is making her debut in international competition.
- Mayor says Toronto will decide 'very quickly' on Olympic bid Updated: Jul-23-15 6:25 pm
TORONTO - Toronto Mayor John Tory says Canada's largest city will make a decision "very quickly" whether to bid for the 2024 Olympics.
- Bills receiver Goodwin gets silver in long jump at Pan Am Updated: Jul-22-15 8:21 pm
TORONTO - Buffalo Bills wide receiver Marquise Goodwin has won a silver medal in the long jump at the Pan Am Games, leaping 27 feet, 1 3/4 inches (8.27 meters).
- Americans start looking toward Rio as Pan Am Games wind down Updated: Jul-22-15 4:29 pm
TORONTO - Alan Ashley isn't paying attention to the medal table at the Pan Am Games, but the American will be riveted to it at next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Busy week for UConn coach Geno Auriemma Updated: Jul-21-15 9:09 pm
NEW YORK - It's been a busy week for Geno Auriemma.
- Pan Am medical head says 8 positive tests so far Updated: Jul-21-15 7:24 pm
TORONTO - The head of the medical commission for the Pan Am Games says there have been eight positive doping tests so far, a figure he puts "in the average range" for what would be expected at the multi-sports event.
- Women's baseball makes history with debut at Pan Am Games Updated: Jul-20-15 7:35 pm
TORONTO - Women's baseball made history Monday at the Pan Am Games, the first time it's been played in a large, multi-sport event.
- Cuba, US improve relations, but sports defections continue Updated: Jul-19-15 6:17 pm
TORONTO - The manager of Cuba's baseball team at the Pan Am Games wanted nothing to do with questions about defections to the United States.
- First week of Pan Am Games rousing success for Canada Updated: Jul-18-15 7:26 pm
TORONTO - The first week of the Pan Am Games has been a rousing success for host Canada.
- 4 athletes pulled from Pan Am Games for failed drug tests Updated: Jul-17-15 12:44 pm
TORONTO - Four athletes have been pulled from the Pan Am Games after failing drug tests.
- Swim medalist from Peru tests positive at Pan Am Games Updated: Jul-17-15 9:45 am
TORONTO - Mauricio Fiol of Peru, the silver medalist in the 200-meter butterfly at the Pan American Games, has tested positive for the banned steroid stanozolol and been suspended from the team.
- Golf makes debut in Pan Am Games; Rio Olympics are next Updated: Jul-16-15 9:10 pm
TORONTO - Golf made its debut at the Pan American Games on Thursday, warming up for its return to the Olympic family next year in Rio de Janeiro after a 112-year absence.
- Canada feels power of home-field advantage at Pan Am Games Updated: Jul-15-15 5:53 pm
TORONTO - Canada feels the power of the home-field advantage at the Pan Am Games, and Brazil - the host of the Olympics next year in Rio de Janeiro - is watching.
- Pan Am Games urged by WADA to store drug-test samples Updated: Jul-14-15 9:06 pm
TORONTO - The World Anti-Doping Agency has urged organizers of the Pan Am Games and other large multi-sport events to follow the example of the International Olympic Committee and store samples for possible testing in the future.
- For some, the road to Rio starts in Toronto at Pan Am Games Updated: Jul-12-15 4:05 pm
TORONTO - Winning a Pan Am gold medal would be great, but for some athletes that keepsake provides something more important - direct qualification to next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Star sprinter confronts fear of heights for Pan Am stunt Updated: Jul-12-15 1:53 pm
TORONTO - Before carrying the torch around the top of Canada's tallest structure in a gravity-defying sequence, Bruny Surin had to clear a major hurdle: his fear of heights.
- Canadian fans get look at new Olympic sport - rugby sevens Updated: Jul-11-15 7:03 pm
TORONTO - It's fast, there's plenty of contact, lots of scoring and games are over in 20 minutes.
- Bailey base-jumps during Pan Am Games opening ceremony Updated: Jul-10-15 10:39 pm
TORONTO - The Pan Am Games opening ceremony kicked off with a gravity-defying stunt from Olympic gold medalist Donovan Bailey.
- Pan Am Games in Toronto capture 41 faces of 41 nations Updated: Jul-10-15 6:57 pm
TORONTO - Robert Young is showing that Toronto is a fitting city to host the Pan Am Games, showcasing the diversity of the entire hemisphere along the shore of Lake Ontario.
- Mexican soccer player off Pan Am team with chickenpox Updated: Jul-10-15 6:14 pm
TORONTO - A player for Mexico's women's soccer team has been pulled from the Pan Am Games team after being diagnosed with chickenpox.