- Revised nuclear deal between South Korea, US takes effect Updated: Nov-25-15 5:39 am
SEOUL, South Korea - A new nuclear treaty with the United States governing South Korea's commercial nuclear activities during the next 20 years went into effect Wednesday, the South Korean government said.
- Carter says Russia, China potentially threaten global order Updated: Nov-07-15 11:48 pm
SIMI VALLEY, California - Defense Secretary Ash Carter on Saturday accused Russia of endangering world order, citing its incursions in Ukraine and loose talk about nuclear weapons, and said the U.S. defense establishment is searching for creative ways to deter Russian aggression and protect U.S. allies.
- Japan, SKorea agree to work to resolve WWII sex slave issue Updated: Nov-02-15 2:45 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The leaders of South Korea and Japan resumed formal talks Monday after a 3½-year freeze and agreed to try to resolve the decades-old issue of Korean women forced into Japanese military-run brothels during World War II.
- US, SKorea express "grave concern" at NKorean threats Updated: Nov-02-15 7:57 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The U.S. and South Korea expressed "grave concern" Monday over North Korea's stated plan to conduct a missile or nuclear test, but they announced no specific new steps toward giving South Korea control of its own forces in the event of a North Korean attack.
- Russia: US may have delusion of winning war with Russia Updated: Oct-30-15 9:53 am
MOSCOW - A senior Russian government official says some in the U.S. may have a delusion of winning a war with Russia with new conventional weapons without resorting to nuclear arms.