- Clemson pitcher Schmidt eager to bounce back from lymphoma Updated: Aug-01-15 4:47 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Clate Schmidt felt tired last winter, more tired than a 21-year-old college athlete should be.
- NY's medical pot distributors reflect industry's evolution Updated: Aug-01-15 1:19 pm
ALBANY, New York - Tie-dyed they're not.
- 1st legal medical pot sold in Nevada 15 years after approval Updated: Jul-31-15 10:46 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Fifteen years after Nevadans voted to legalize it, medical marijuana was sold legally in the state for the first time Friday at a dispensary in a strip mall about 5 miles east of downtown Reno.
- Michigan panel recommends allowing marijuana for autism Updated: Jul-31-15 4:11 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan would become the first state to allow medical marijuana for children with severe autism if a senior official follows the recommendation made Friday by an advisory panel.
- New York state picks 5 to grow, dispense medical marijuana Updated: Jul-31-15 2:16 pm
ALBANY, New York - The five companies picked to grow and dispense medical marijuana in New York include one run by a Minnesota physician, three with dispensaries in other states and another with a personal connection to those the state's new program aims to help.
- Medical pot dispensaries vying for space outside Medford Updated: Jul-31-15 1:45 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medical marijuana dispensaries already are dueling for space in the first week that Jackson County has begun accepting permit applications to operate.
- Amgen hikes 2015 forecast after 2Q increase in profit, sales Updated: Jul-30-15 6:55 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Amgen Inc. shares jumped in extended trading after the maker of osteoporosis drug Prolia easily beat Wall Street's second-quarter profit expectations and hiked its 2015 financial forecast.
- Price hike adds to sticker shock for medical marijuana Updated: Jul-30-15 6:30 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - One of Minnesota's medical marijuana manufacturers has raised its prices substantially after less than a month in business, adding to a cost that many patients are already struggling to cover.
- Pot legalization group files new signatures in ballot effort Updated: Jul-30-15 6:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A campaign to legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use in Ohio submitted more signatures Thursday as it tries to get the issue before fall voters.
- Brilinta? Brintellix? FDA warns of drug name mix-ups Updated: Jul-30-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - The Food and Drug Administration said Thursday that some doctors and pharmacies are getting confused by the similar names of an antidepressant and a blood-thinning medicine.
- Judge denies appeal of condition for using pot for PTSD Updated: Jul-30-15 1:50 pm
PHOENIX - Medical marijuana advocates have lost a court challenge to conditions set by Arizona health officials for post-traumatic stress sufferers seeking to qualify for treatment.
- Nevada's first medical marijuana dispensary to open Updated: Jul-30-15 12:26 pm
RENO, Nevada - The first medical marijuana dispensary in Nevada is finally set to open in Sparks.
- Nevada medical marijuana patient acquitted of drug charges Updated: Jul-30-15 6:16 am
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas medical marijuana patient who was accused of preparing to sell drugs has been acquitted of two felony drug charges.
- Drug firm AstraZeneca reports slide in earnings Updated: Jul-30-15 4:10 am
LONDON - Anglo-Swedish drug firm AstraZeneca says second-quarter net income fell 12 percent to $697 million as competition from generic drug companies reduced sales.
- Prescription drug take back initiative set for Sept. 26 Updated: Jul-30-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Another prescription drug collection effort will be held in September.
- As petition looms, Wyoming panel begins look at legal pot Updated: Jul-29-15 7:16 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming's anti-pot governor has a warning for a task force he's named to study the effects of legal marijuana: It CAN happen here.
- Daugaard unsupportive of medical, decriminalized marijuana Updated: Jul-29-15 7:11 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard says he needs to review proposed ballot measures that would decriminalize marijuana possession and legalize medicinal cannabis, but the governor says he generally hasn't supported such proposals.
- Chiefs safety Eric Berry back at practice after cancer fight Updated: Jul-29-15 5:12 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - There was a moment in the early stages of chemotherapy when Eric Berry was having breakfast with his father, and the enormity of what faced him was so great that he broke down and cried.
- Correction: Weight Loss-Balloon story Updated: Jul-29-15 1:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story July 28 about an inflatable medical balloon approved to treat obesity, The Associated Press reported erroneously the amount of weight patients regained after having the device removed. Patients actually regained about one-third of their lost weight.
- Chiefs' Berry to practice 8 months after cancer diagnosis Updated: Jul-29-15 2:47 am
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Eight months after getting the stunning news that he had cancer, Chiefs Pro Bowl safety was expected back on the practice field Wednesday, a day after doctors gave him the all-clear.
- Boy who lost hands to infection gets double-hand transplant Updated: Jul-29-15 2:40 am
PHILADELPHIA - An 8-year-old boy who lost his hands and feet to a serious infection has become the youngest patient to receive a double-hand transplant, surgeons said Tuesday.
- Gilead beats Street 2Q forecasts on surge in sales, profit Updated: Jul-28-15 6:49 pm
Blockbuster hepatitis C medicine Harvoni propelled Gilead Sciences Inc.'s second-quarter profit up 23 percent as total revenue for the biotech drugmaker jumped 26 percent and it raised its 2015 sales forecast for the second time. Its shares jumped in after-hours trading.
- Jets coach Bowles had offseason knee replacement surgery Updated: Jul-28-15 3:42 pm
NEW YORK - Todd Bowles is heading into training camp with his new team - and a new knee.
- Cowboys owner Jones has hip replacement, planning another Updated: Jul-28-15 1:48 pm
IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has undergone left hip replacement surgery. He plans to be with the team as usual when training camp starts in California this week.
- Drugmaker Pfizer tops Street 2Q forecasts, raises forecast Updated: Jul-28-15 1:38 pm
Pfizer Inc. beat Wall Street's second-quarter expectations and raised its 2015 forecast, as soaring sales for a few key products helped inoculate the world's second-largest drugmaker against a $1 billion revenue hit from foreign exchange rates and its last wave of cheap generic competition hurting former big sellers.