- Deadline looms to decide Hawaii state budget Updated: Apr-24-14 10:13 pm
- Gov.: Utah should have more control of public land Updated: Apr-24-14 8:08 pm
- Nevada rancher defends remarks, loses supporters Updated: Apr-24-14 8:04 pm
- Officials break ground to restore Lake Delhi Updated: Apr-24-14 7:04 pm
- In wild parts of Central Oregon, geocaches are out Updated: Apr-24-14 6:52 pm
- $1.4 million in grants to land trusts in New York Updated: Apr-24-14 5:06 pm
- Delaware buys 750 bayshore acres for preservation Updated: Apr-24-14 8:43 am
- Charleston wins $20,000 urban forestry grant Updated: Apr-24-14 4:09 am
- Gacy probe helps solve unrelated Chicago-area case Updated: Apr-23-14 6:43 pm
- Arbor Day history, celebrations rooted in Nebraska Updated: Apr-23-14 12:19 pm
- Muskegon utility hopes for new use of closed plant Updated: Apr-23-14 10:28 am
- Apps deadline extended for land grant program Updated: Apr-23-14 7:06 am
- BLM: no significant impact from Eureka pipeline Updated: Apr-23-14 6:13 am
- Fire weather watch issued for Virginia Updated: Apr-23-14 2:58 am
- BLM says 6 cattle died in disputed Nevada roundup Updated: Apr-22-14 7:10 pm
- Commissioners seek protest guidance from BLM Updated: Apr-22-14 3:37 pm
- IDNR wrapping up controlled burns across state Updated: Apr-22-14 12:17 pm
- Virginia agency preserves land at 4 state prisons Updated: Apr-22-14 9:22 am
- Nevada settles lawsuit with former forestry chief Updated: Apr-22-14 6:13 am
- Wind Cave National Park preps for controlled burn Updated: Apr-22-14 6:05 am
- Ky. tree nursery rebuilt 2 years after storm Updated: Apr-22-14 4:05 am
- Lawsuit seeks to block sale of Oregon forest lands Updated: Apr-21-14 6:26 pm
- Forest Service plans burns in Sierra Madre range Updated: Apr-21-14 3:52 pm
- 6 wildfires in western Va. threaten 60 structures Updated: Apr-21-14 3:47 pm
- Montana uses grant to buy grizzly bear habitat Updated: Apr-21-14 2:28 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are confronting a deadline to pass the state budget, but they're still deciding how to work out key issues that include a historic land-preservation deal and funding for a slew of nonprofits.
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert says Utah should have more oversight of public lands within state borders.
LAS VEGAS - A Nevada rancher who became a conservative folk hero for standing up to the government in a fight over grazing rights lost some of his staunch defenders Thursday after wondering aloud whether blacks might have had it better under slavery.
DELHI, Iowa - Officials have broken ground on restoration of the drained Lake Delhi in northeast Iowa.
BEND, Oregon - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management is trying to get geocaches removed from wilderness and environmentally sensitive areas in Central Oregon.
ALBANY, New York - Conservation officials announced Thursday they have awarded $1.4 million in grants to 50 nonprofit land trusts around the state.
BOWERS BEACH, Delaware - Delaware officials say more than $6 million has helped them protect more of the state's "Bayshore" resource in Kent County.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Things will seem a bit greener in Charleston now that the city has won a $20,000 urban forestry grant.
MAYWOOD, Illinois - Ruth Rodriguez didn't want to believe her brother was one of more than 30 young men and boys John Wayne Gacy lured into his Chicago-area house and strangled, but she was willing to provide her DNA to find out.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - People across the nation will observe Arbor Day on Friday, but no state will celebrate with as much fervor as Nebraska, where the celebration of trees got its start 142 years ago.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Consumers Energy is committed to helping find a new use for the site of a coal-fired power plant in western Michigan that's scheduled to close in two years, officials with the utility said.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota landowners have been given more time to apply for grants to enhance their property and restore habitat damaged by overland flooding, erosion, and weed infestations.
ELKO, Nevada - The Bureau of Land Management has given the go-head for a pipeline project in Eureka County.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Forestry has issued a fire weather watch for the entire state.
LAS VEGAS - Six animals died in a federal roundup of cattle that officials say rancher Cliven Bundy allowed to graze illegally for 20 years on public land outside his southern Nevada property, the Bureau of Land Management said Tuesday.
LEWISTON, Idaho - Idaho County commissioners have sent a letter to the U.S. Bureau of Land Management asking for guidance concerning a protest planned by suction dredgers upset with federal regulations.
DEKALB, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says crews are trying to finish a series of controlled burns around the state.
RICHMOND, Virginia - About 3,000 acres at four state prisons in Virginia will be protected from future development.
ELKO, Nevada - A former Nevada Division of Forestry battalion chief who claimed he was fired for speaking out about alleged improper management of firefighting resources in Elko County has settled his lawsuit against the state.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Officials are preparing for a nearly 2,200-acre planned fire at Wind Cave National Park in southwest South Dakota.
WEST LIBERTY, Kentucky - A tornado that devastated the eastern Kentucky town of West Liberty two years ago also destroyed a state tree nursery.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Conservation groups filed a lawsuit Monday to block the sale of a portion of the Elliott State Forest to a private timber company.
SARATOGA, Wyoming - Crews on the Medicine Bow National Forest are hoping to conduct prescribed burns in the Sierra Madre range beginning as early as this week.
GRUNDY, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Forestry says six significant wildfires are threatening at least 60 structures in western Virginia.
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Land Board on Monday approved a $345,000 purchase of 320 acres of threatened grizzly bear habitat to add to the Blackleaf Wildlife Management Area in Teton County.