- Antoine, Graybill win US skeleton titles Updated: Mar-07-14 7:30 pm
- US hoping 7 sliding medals brings more momentum Updated: Feb-24-14 5:34 am
- Langton revels in getting his 1st Olympic medal Updated: Feb-18-14 4:09 am
- A slip on ice, and Daly's medal chances go awry Updated: Feb-15-14 1:39 pm
- Russia's Tretiakov wins gold in Olympic skeleton Updated: Feb-15-14 1:28 pm
- Russia's Tretiakov trying to hang on in skeleton Updated: Feb-14-14 6:59 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Self-critic Updated: Feb-14-14 12:42 pm
- Latvia's Martins Dukurs man to catch in skeleton Updated: Feb-13-14 5:53 pm
- Science, not muscle, driving many Olympic wins Updated: Feb-13-14 12:02 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Uhlaender's eagle Updated: Feb-10-14 5:36 am
LAKE PLACID, New York - Olympic bronze medalist Matt Antoine won the men's title and Savannah Graybill took the women's crown at the U.S. national skeleton championships that ended Friday.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - An hour after his last race at the Sochi Olympics, U.S. bobsled driver Steven Holcomb stood near the finish line of the sliding track and started to take a look over the snow-capped mountains.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Steve Langton's workout regimen is the stuff of legend around the U.S. bobsled team, so much so that a pair of fellow athletes made a video a couple years ago chronicling his exploits.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - John Daly never saw the standing ovation he got at the finish line. He didn't see his family cheering through their anguish, either.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - One year after a giant meteor streaked across Russia's sky, Alexander Tretiakov flashed by.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Alexander Tretiakov's lead would probably be safe against anyone else, the Olympic gold as good as hanging from his neck.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Ben Sandford of New Zealand might be the front-runner for "Worst quote about yourself at the Sochi Olympics," if such a contest existed.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - He's the scariest slider in skeleton, bar none.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Nineteen-year-old Slovakian luger Josef Petrulak competed in the Sochi Olympics in a 22-year-old sled. That's right: His sled is three years older than he is. His German rivals get a new sled every year, designed by BMW and calibrated to whoosh faster, smoother and smarter every season.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The public has spoken. Katie Uhlaender will be going with the larger eagle on her helmet for the women's skeleton competition at the Sochi Games.