- Rubio's presidential bid boosted by secret-money commercials Updated: Oct-08-15 12:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Voters are beginning to learn about Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio.
- Pro-Biden super PAC launches first TV ad, urging 2016 run Updated: Oct-07-15 7:16 am
WASHINGTON - The super PAC urging Vice President Joe Biden to run for president is launching its first television ad.
- US government deports fewest immigrants in nearly a decade Updated: Oct-06-15 8:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration deported fewer immigrants over the past 12 months than at any time since 2006, according to internal figures obtained by The Associated Press as Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton called Obama's deportation policies too harsh.
- Bush donors embrace new mantra: He's built to last Updated: Oct-02-15 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's challenge in the first half of the year was daunting yet simple. To be considered a fundraising success, the Republican presidential candidate had to hit the magic number of $100 million, an ambitious goal set by some in his campaign. And he did.
- Trump and Carson's attacks on Muslims worry some GOP elders Updated: Oct-02-15 1:11 am
WASHINGTON - The candidates atop the GOP presidential field are ramping up political attacks aimed at Muslims, a move designed to appeal to hardline conservatives. But party elders worry that escalating anti-immigrant rhetoric could cost Republicans the White House in 2016.
- GOP field: Tax cuts for all, don't worry about consequences Updated: Sep-30-15 3:30 am
DENVER - Republicans came into this presidential campaign with painful memories of how, in the last one, Democrats blasted Mitt Romney's tax plan as a giveaway to the rich. They've heard a new wing of conservative intellectuals urge them to focus on tax cuts to working-class Americans rather than the wealthy.
- Analysis: For Walker, a cascade of troubles ends campaign Updated: Sep-22-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - For Scott Walker, it wasn't one thing that led to the demise of his presidential campaign. It was just about everything.
- Trump joins other politicians confronted by touchy questions Updated: Sep-19-15 11:59 am
ROCHESTER, New Hampshire - Political candidates are confronted with all sorts of questions and comments by the public and even supporters while campaigning, including plenty that are inaccurate and some that are sure to offend.
- In key 2016 states, Biden hears chants of 'Joe, Joe, Joe' Updated: Sep-17-15 7:12 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In any other year, a pair of speeches by Vice President Joe Biden on transportation and sexual assault would raise few eyebrows in the political world. This isn't any other year.
- Republican presidential candidates court Idaho's mega-donor Updated: Sep-09-15 4:58 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho isn't known for attracting political powerhouses during presidential races. However, what it lacks in clout, it makes up for being home to one of the GOP's wealthiest donors.