- Hackett apologizes for "pure stupidity" in groping incident Updated: Apr-29-16 1:37 am
GOLD COAST, Australia - Two-time Olympic 1,500-meter freestyle champion Grant Hackett has publicly apologized for a drunken incident on a flight home from the Australian Olympic trials earlier this month, when he was accused of groping a male passenger who reclined the seat in front of him.
- US Olympians get nautical look for Rio's closing ceremony Updated: Apr-27-16 1:34 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Olympic athletes from the United States will look ready to sail back home when they attend the closing ceremony at this year's games in Rio de Janeiro.
- France's Olympic water polo team cleared by FINA Updated: Apr-27-16 11:41 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The governing body of swimming says no action will be taken against France's water polo team for supposedly losing an Olympic qualifier on purpose to get a preferred opponent in the next round.
- Former Olympic champion Cielo misses individual spot at Rio Updated: Apr-20-16 11:21 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Cesar Cielo, Brazil's most successful and best-known swimmer, has failed to automatically qualify for an individual event at this year's Rio Olympics.
- Ledecky and Phelps swim to victories in Arizona Updated: Apr-16-16 10:26 pm
MESA, Arizona - Katie Ledecky won the 800-meter freestyle by nearly 15 seconds at the Arena Pro Swim meet Saturday night, her third victory in three days just over two months before the U.S. Olympic swimming trials.
- Australia selects Olympic team, leaves room for Magnussen Updated: Apr-14-16 7:21 pm
ADELAIDE, Australia - Cameron McEvoy completed an unprecedented sweep of the 50-, 100- and 200-meter freestyle national titles to spearhead a 34-strong team of Australian swimmers who automatically qualified for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Kitajima announces retirement from competitive swimming Updated: Apr-10-16 4:41 am
TOKYO - Two-time double Olympic champion Kosuke Kitajima announced his retirement from competitive swimming on Sunday, two days after failing to qualify for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Gemmell, Twichell win 10k titles at US open water nationals Updated: Apr-08-16 8:41 pm
MIROMAR LAKES, Florida - Andrew Gemmell and Ashley Twichell won 10-kilometer titles Friday in the USA Swimming open water national championships.
- Hackett's attempt for 4th Olympics ends at Australian trials Updated: Apr-08-16 8:32 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - Three-time Olympic gold medalist Grant Hackett's attempt to make the team for Rio de Janeiro ended Friday after he finished seventh in his 200-meter semifinal heat and 11th overall at the Australian trials.
- Hungary swimming coach resigns after rape conviction emerges Updated: Apr-07-16 1:55 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Laszlo Kiss, coach of Hungary's swimming team for 23 years, resigned on Thursday after it was revealed he was one of three men convicted in a decades-old rape case.
- Agnel authorized to defend 200-meter freestyle Olympic title Updated: Apr-06-16 12:36 pm
PARIS - French swimmer Yannick Agnel has been allowed to defend his 200-meter freestyle Olympic title despite failing to qualify at the national trials.
- Hungary confirms Laszlo Kiss as coach after 1961 rape ruling Updated: Apr-06-16 7:34 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary's swimming federation says it has reconfirmed coach Laszlo Kiss in his post after revelations that he was among three men convicted in a 1961 rape case.
- Evans, Louganis, Moses get Wheaties boxes years later Updated: Apr-05-16 4:58 pm
Swimmer Janet Evans, diver Greg Louganis and hurdler Edwin Moses are landing on the cover of a Wheaties box decades after their Olympic-champion careers ended.