- Let the games begin: Legislature releases gambling proposals Updated: Feb-05-16 5:21 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Legislature is going to consider a gambling proposal that would let the Seminole Tribe add craps and roulette to its casinos.
- Hawaii bills would legalize fantasy sports sites, lottery Updated: Jan-28-16 7:14 pm
HONOLULU - Lawmakers in Hawaii want to make an exception to the state's gambling ban by legalizing fantasy sports contests.
- California Senate backs rules for fantasy sports betting Updated: Jan-27-16 6:24 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's state Assembly approved minimal regulations Wednesday for the fast-growing daily fantasy sports industry amid a national debate over whether the online games violate states' gambling laws.
- Gambling foes protest effort to legalize fantasy sports Updated: Jan-25-16 6:40 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gambling opponents are fighting a bill that would allow fantasy sports websites to operate in Nebraska, even though the industry estimates that 300,000 people in the state are already playing.
- Reds retiring Rose's No. 14, inducting him into team HOF Updated: Jan-19-16 3:12 pm
CINCINNATI - Pete Rose is getting a hall of fame induction - in the Cincinnati Reds' team hall during a weekend of honors this summer in his hometown - that will include retiring his No. 14.
- Seoul court fines Cardinals reliever for gambling Updated: Jan-18-16 10:12 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - A Seoul court has fined newly-signed St. Louis Cardinals reliever Seung Hwan Oh 10 million won ($8,300) for breaking South Korean gambling laws by betting heavily at a Macau casino.
- Md. lawmakers urged to take up fantasy betting this session Updated: Jan-15-16 6:00 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland lawmakers should clarify during this session whether daily betting on fantasy sports is allowed under the law, attorneys for the state recommended Friday.
- Vermont AG: Fantasy sports sites illegal in Vermont Updated: Jan-15-16 4:15 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A top lawyer with the Vermont attorney general's office told a state Senate committee Friday that online daily fantasy sports games are illegal in the state.
- Atlantic City casino revenue cut by half over 9 years Updated: Jan-13-16 6:04 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City has lost more than half of its casino revenue during the past nine years.
- Nevadans long for lotto, the bit of gambling they can't have Updated: Jan-13-16 12:20 pm
NIPTON, California - Waiting in a long, winding line outside what officials call the busiest lottery store in the nation, 74-year-old William Burke had three hours to think about what he'll do if he wins a multistate Powerball jackpot estimated at $1.5 billion.
- Lengthy budget delay to dominate 2016 legislative session Updated: Jan-10-16 1:40 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois has limped along without a budget since July and solving that gridlock will be lawmakers' top priority in the impending session, a time when they've traditionally turned attention to passing a fresh budget for the coming fiscal year.
- Gambling, guns, tax cuts and more facing Florida lawmakers Updated: Jan-10-16 11:12 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Legislature will begin its annual session early this year with the hopes of avoiding the chaos and dysfunction that marked the 2015 session and three special sessions that followed.
- Religious freedom, education, gambling bills top 2016 agenda Updated: Jan-09-16 11:28 am
ATLANTA - Georgia lawmakers return to the Capitol in Atlanta on Monday, kicking off the 2016 legislative session. Here's a look at some of the top issues expected to come up this year.