- Tropicana sale to Penn approved by gambling regulators Updated: Aug-20-15 2:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada gambling regulators say Penn National Gaming's $360 million purchase of the Tropicana Las Vegas hotel and casino can move forward.
- Future of tribe casino on Martha's Vineyard rests with judge Updated: Aug-12-15 8:58 pm
BOSTON - An Indian tribe planning to build a casino on Martha's Vineyard doesn't exercise enough governmental oversight on its tribal land there to be allowed to operate a gambling hall, Massachusetts and other opponents of the plan argued in federal court Wednesday.
- Las Vegas developer proposes casino by Indianapolis airport Updated: Aug-11-15 3:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A Las Vegas-based casino developer has proposed a deal to Indiana and Indianapolis officials if they let Rising Sun Casino Resort move half of its 1,400 gambling tables to Marion County.
- Gambling legislation clears first legislative hurdle Updated: Aug-04-15 1:28 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gambling legislation has cleared its first hurdle in the Alabama Legislature.
- State seeks to dismiss Boston's lawsuit against Wynn casino Updated: Aug-03-15 7:04 pm
BOSTON - State gambling regulators want a judge to dismiss Boston's lawsuit challenging the award of a casino license to casino operator Wynn, saying the decision is not subject to judicial review and the city's challenge comes too late.
- Lottery exploring ticket sales online and at bank machines Updated: Jul-30-15 4:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Lottery is considering selling lottery tickets online or alongside ATMs to combat relatively flat sales of some of the more well-known games.
- County, state fairs cut back harness racing in Illinois Updated: Jul-30-15 2:28 pm
DUQUOIN, Illinois - The decline of harness racing in Illinois continues as several county fairs and both state fairs reduce the number of racing days this summer amid the current state budget stalemate.
- 2 top state gambling regulators to step down Updated: Jul-28-15 12:23 pm
BOSTON - Two top gambling regulators are stepping down.
- State tells tribe: Prepare to end blackjack games at casinos Updated: Jul-27-15 5:31 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida and the Seminole Tribe of Florida seem headed for a showdown about the operation of the tribe's successful casinos.