- PokerStars will give New Jersey a jolt, but unclear how much Updated: Oct-01-15 2:28 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker are expected to give a much-needed jolt to New Jersey's fledgling Internet gambling market, but observers say the market needs to expand to other jurisdictions in order to truly thrive.
- Legislative report finds gambling at a slowdown in Illinois Updated: Sep-27-15 10:59 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gambling is going through slow times in Illinois, with state taxes for all forms of gambling falling by nearly 6 percent this year despite growth in the video sector, according to a new report from the Illinois Legislature.
- New Jersey congressmen pushing sports betting on 2nd front Updated: Sep-21-15 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - The recent surge in companies offering fantasy sports leagues with big payouts to participants could help New Jersey's stalled attempt to allow legal sports gambling, a congressman involved in the effort said Monday.
- Pojoaque Pueblo alleges gaming board held secret meeting Updated: Sep-20-15 6:13 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A northern New Mexico tribe has accused state gaming officials of holding a closed-door meeting to plot out ways to stop its casino operations.
- Recusals raise odds for review of New Jersey betting appeal Updated: Sep-16-15 2:53 pm
Two recent developments might have raised the odds that New Jersey will get another chance to argue in court in support of its law allowing legal sports betting in the state.
- Gambling or fun? Lawmakers may make call on fantasy sports Updated: Sep-15-15 11:55 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - As the NFL season kicks off, another big contest may be soon be played in the halls of the Florida Capitol.
- Gambling or not, daily fantasy sports faces scrutiny Updated: Sep-12-15 3:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Think wagering $20 to win $1 million by picking a winning combination of NFL players for a fantasy team this Sunday is gambling? The league says it isn't.
- New York Internet poker proposal divides gambling industry Updated: Sep-09-15 5:18 pm
ALBANY, New York - Talk of allowing Internet poker in New York has divided the gambling industry, with some companies telling state lawmakers Wednesday that it would increase government revenue while others warned it could undermine existing casinos and racetracks.
- Lawmakers approve charity raffles for major league sports Updated: Sep-02-15 5:37 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's major league sports clubs could conduct charitable gambling at professional sports venues under legislation approved Wednesday.
- Regulators reject DeNaples bid to do business with casino Updated: Sep-02-15 2:44 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania gambling regulators are rejecting a second bid by a northeastern Pennsylvania billionaire to do business with the casino that he founded but relinquished in a deal to drop perjury charges.