- Maine lawmakers advance series of gambling bills Updated: Mar-06-14 6:27 pm
- SD Senate passes gambling expansion on to voters Updated: Mar-05-14 6:16 pm
- Pa. liquor board approves tavern gambling license Updated: Mar-05-14 1:20 pm
- NY gets a new gambling regulator Updated: Mar-05-14 3:12 am
- Fla. House gambling bill would not allow casinos Updated: Mar-03-14 10:16 pm
- NH lawmakers take up Medicaid, gas tax, gambling Updated: Mar-03-14 4:39 pm
- Cullerton: online gambling could bring in revenue Updated: Feb-27-14 2:50 pm
- New SD law will keep banned players out of casinos Updated: Feb-27-14 5:28 am
- Mass. gambling panel weighs slots parlor license Updated: Feb-26-14 4:37 pm
- Mass. panel to decide slots parlor license Updated: Feb-25-14 5:05 pm
- Ill. gambling-expansion hearing reset for March 3 Updated: Feb-25-14 4:05 am
- Fla. Senate proposes new casinos, slot machines Updated: Feb-24-14 8:21 pm
- High court won't review poker club conviction Updated: Feb-24-14 9:48 am
- States outsource casino policing to private firms Updated: Feb-21-14 1:55 am
- Ky. court leaves Instant Racing question unsettled Updated: Feb-20-14 1:03 pm
- Senate rejects Navajo gambling compact Updated: Feb-19-14 9:32 pm
- NJ appeals to US Supreme Court on sports betting Updated: Feb-19-14 1:45 am
- Top House Dems downplay chances for gambling bill Updated: Feb-11-14 6:16 pm
- Conn. state police raid suspected gambling parlor Updated: Feb-11-14 4:20 pm
- Deadwood liquor sales bill upsets saloon owners Updated: Feb-11-14 12:53 pm
- Gambling industry fights self on Internet gambling Updated: Feb-10-14 5:10 pm
- Gambling regulators chastise MGM Resorts and Aria Updated: Feb-09-14 6:47 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's American Indian tribes that have long seen gambling as the remedy for high unemployment and sluggish economic growth in their communities are a step closer to being able to operate casinos after winning initial approval in the Democratic-controlled House on Thursday.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Senate has passed a proposed constitutional amendment that would allow Deadwood casinos to offer roulette, keno and craps.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania liquor regulators gave their permission Wednesday for the first license for a tavern in the state to operate small games of chance under a three-month-old law.
ALBANY, New York - The New York Senate has confirmed Hobart and Williams Smith Colleges President Mark Gearan to head the state commission that oversees gambling.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A bid to bring major casinos to South Florida was dealt a significant setback under a sweeping gambling proposal rolled out late Monday by the Republican-controlled Florida House.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - After a week's break, New Hampshire's Legislature returned to work Monday with a March 27 deadline to act on hundreds of bills, including key measures to expand Medicaid coverage to 50,000 poor adults, an increase in the gas tax, casino gambling and a repeal of the death penalty.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Senate President John Cullerton says the state could get needed revenue by legalizing online gambling, but he acknowledged getting approval would be difficult.
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard has signed into law a measure aimed at keeping banned gamblers out of Deadwood casinos.
BOSTON - The chairman of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission gave a boost Wednesday to a proposal by Cordish Cos. for a slots parlor in Leominster, as the panel moved closer to awarding the state's first license for expanded gambling.
BOSTON - Massachusetts gambling regulators opened deliberations Tuesday on the state's first and only slots parlor license, with proposals in Plainville and Leominster appearing to gain an early edge over Raynham Park.
TINLEY PARK, Illinois - An Illinois state lawmaker seeking public input about possibly expanding gambling in Illinois has rescheduled a suburban Chicago public hearing.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Republican-controlled Florida Senate on Monday rolled out a sweeping gambling proposal that would bring casinos to South Florida as well as expand the use of slot machines across the state.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court will not disturb the criminal conviction of a New York man whose underground poker game ran afoul of a federal anti-gambling law.
LAS VEGAS - When Springfield, Massachusetts needed to choose who would build its first casino, the city hired an outside adviser to help with the process.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky can license and regulate Instant Racing, a slot-machine type of game where people bet on the outcome of an old horse race without knowing which contest they are betting on, the Kentucky Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico lawmakers have dealt a setback to the Navajo Nation by rejecting a gambling compact that would have allowed the state's largest American Indian tribe to open three additional casinos.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey is swinging for the fences in a long-shot effort to overturn a federal ban on sports betting in all but four states, asking the U.S. Supreme Court to declare the ban unconstitutional.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Top House Democrats on Tuesday downplayed chances of passing legislation that could bring casinos to Kentucky, one day after Senate Republicans declared it lacks enough votes to pass in their chamber.
ENFIELD, Connecticut - Connecticut state police say they have raided an internet cafe in Enfield that is suspected of offering illegal gambling.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A bill in the South Dakota Legislature allowing hotel bars in the western gambling town of Deadwood to serve liquor 24 hours a day is drawing the ire of smaller saloon owners who say the measure would put them at a disadvantage.
LAS VEGAS - Many experts believe online wagering is the future of gambling, but the casino industry is increasingly divided on the issue.
LAS VEGAS - Nevada gambling regulators says the Aria hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip blocked its agents from watching a high-stakes roulette table.