- Effort to expand Illinois gambling likely pushed into summer Updated: May-28-15 5:21 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An effort to approve a Chicago casino and other new casinos throughout Illinois to generate much-needed revenue could be pushed into the summer.
- US gambling market saturated, yet casinos keep on coming Updated: May-28-15 12:16 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The casino market in the northeastern United States is saturated, yet that's not stopping some states from approving gambling legislation and companies from building new gambling halls.
- Slow start, gradual improvement for US Internet gambling Updated: May-27-15 8:58 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Internet gambling is off to a slow start in the United States, with banks hesitant to handle credit card payments for online bets and some politicians and casino moguls pushing to ban it, but there remains potential for great growth, participants in a major gambling conference agreed Wednesday.
- Indianapolis bar owners challenge city's smoking ban Updated: May-19-15 3:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The owners of two Indianapolis bars who want to overturn the city's 2012 ban on smoking have pleaded their case before the Indiana Court of Appeals.
- Lawmaker fundraisers at betting facility raise questions Updated: May-16-15 11:50 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers are drawing scrutiny over fundraisers held at an Indianapolis gambling parlor and omissions of in-kind donations on their campaign finance reports.
- Kansas Senate approves bill for reviving KCK racing park Updated: May-14-15 10:47 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A bill designed to revive a Kansas City-area dog and horse racing park by lowering taxes on its slot machines was approved by the Kansas Senate on Thursday.
- Minnesota online lottery games experiment to end Updated: May-14-15 7:02 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Lottery's experiment with paperless, instant-play tickets sold over the Internet and other platforms will come to an end because Gov. Mark Dayton decided Thursday against vetoing legislation suspending the games.
- Alabama gambling bill prompts passionate testimony Updated: May-12-15 10:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gambling foes and proponents squared off in a public hearing Tuesday over whether a lottery and casinos would bring jobs and revenue, or corruption and vice to the state of Alabama.
- Kansas legislators approve bill legalizing fantasy sports Updated: May-08-15 12:05 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Fantasy sports would be declared a game of skill in Kansas so they wouldn't be illegal under a measure that won final legislative approval Thursday.
- Lawmakers working on bill to create Chicago-owned casino Updated: May-07-15 7:20 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers are trying to negotiate a deal to open a Chicago-owned casino and expand gambling elsewhere in the state, and they believe there's a clearer path for the proposal to become law than there's been in years.
- Monmouth Park close to breaking even fiscally Updated: May-05-15 8:01 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Three years after taking over Monmouth Park, the operators of the New Jersey shore thoroughbred racetrack believe the facility either will break even this year or make a profit.
- Poarch Creeks: Let's talk compact Updated: May-03-15 1:08 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - For 15 years, the Poarch Band of Creek Indians has tried to persuade Alabama politicians to sit down and discuss a compact with the tribe.