- Senate committee discusses fantasy sports Updated: Nov-20-15 5:46 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The variety of laws related to fantasy sports games in Washington state and across the country were discussed before a Senate committee in Washington state Friday, where lawmakers also discussed a bill that proposes legalizing casual, season-long fantasy leagues.
- Column: DraftKings, FanDuel wrong for now, but on right side Updated: Nov-20-15 4:54 pm
Say goodbye to all those annoying commercials.
- 5 years after smoking ban approved, opinions still mixed Updated: Nov-19-15 10:15 am
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - Five years after South Dakota voters overwhelmingly approved a ban on smoking in restaurants, bars and casinos, the issue remains divisive, with proponents lauding the improved health of state residents, and detractors claiming the ban led to a business decline from which they've never recovered.
- Fantasy sports lobbyist says games don't qualify as gambling Updated: Nov-18-15 8:09 pm
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - Speaking before state regulators in the historic gambling town of Deadwood on Wednesday, a representative of daily fantasy sports operators under scrutiny nationwide said the industry wants to make it clear: The contests don't constitute gambling under South Dakota law.
- Pennsylvania House committee advances major gambling bill Updated: Nov-18-15 6:47 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania state House committee is advancing legislation that would authorize the third major gambling expansion in six years, including allowing Internet-based gambling through the state's casinos and slot machines at airports and off-track betting parlors.
- 3 Yomiuri Giants pitchers banned for gambling on baseball Updated: Nov-10-15 6:09 am
TOKYO - Nippon Professional Baseball has banned three Yomiuri Giants pitchers indefinitely after they were found to have bet on baseball games.
- Skill or chance? New Jersey could influence fantasy sports Updated: Nov-09-15 2:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Making a case they hope will resonate with states across the nation, representatives of the fantasy sports industry told New Jersey lawmakers Monday that regulators should not treat them the same way as casinos because success in their industry relies more on skill than on chance.
- Lawmakers discuss possible changes to Idaho's veto rules Updated: Nov-06-15 6:24 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho House Speaker Scott Bedke says better clarification surrounding when and how legislation is vetoed is needed to avoid the high-profile lawsuit that shut down lucrative betting machines across the state.
- Strange: State's lawsuit against bingo casinos will proceed Updated: Nov-05-15 2:34 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange says the state's litigation against bingo casinos will go forward despite the governor's order that local law enforcement should take over gambling enforcement.
- Season-long fantasy sports now a question in Nevada Updated: Oct-31-15 5:19 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada has already decided daily fantasy sports are gambling and that people can't put their dollars down on DraftKings and FanDuel until those sites obtain a license in the state.
- Harry Reid says daily fantasy sports can't police itself Updated: Oct-30-15 7:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Sen. Harry Reid is calling daily fantasy sports sites "unregulated, illegal gambling" and says in a statement that self-regulation the industry desires won't be enough.
- Christie: Regulating fantasy football a 'stupid idea' Updated: Oct-29-15 11:59 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says regulating fantasy football is "a stupid idea."
- Column: Baseball goes all in with daily fantasy games Updated: Oct-28-15 5:29 pm
Rob Manfred has read the law, and delivered his verdict.
- Democratic legislator wants Minnesota fantasy betting law Updated: Oct-26-15 10:38 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota lawmaker says his state should regulate the increasingly popular fantasy sports betting industry to prevent scams.