- NY gambling regulators to tour casino construction site Updated: Apr-25-16 12:41 am
ALBANY, New York - Gambling regulators in New York state are set to get an up-close look at one of four new casinos planned for the upstate.
- Massachusetts weighs another casino for crowded southeast Updated: Apr-24-16 10:30 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts' casino scene could get more crowded.
- Marnell Gaming gets final approval to purchase Nugget casino Updated: Apr-22-16 12:53 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - State gaming regulators have given final approval to Marnell Gaming LLC's acquisition of the Nugget Casino Resort in Sparks.
- Regulator: AC casinos hiring 2,400 this year, 600 full-time Updated: Apr-21-16 5:36 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A top Atlantic City casino regulator said Thursday the gambling halls plan to hire more workers this year.
- Pete Rose leads off induction ceremony for Bobblehead hall Updated: Apr-21-16 5:05 am
MILWAUKEE - Leading off for the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum: Pete Rose.
- Illinois weighs legalization of daily fantasy sports betting Updated: Apr-20-16 5:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois House gave its initial approval to a measure that would legalize betting on daily fantasy sports on Wednesday, but some lawmakers expressed concern about whether the bill has been properly vetted and its chances at full passage remain uncertain.
- House approves Fantasy Sports Tax Act Updated: Apr-19-16 4:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Legislature passed a bill that would make clear that fantasy sports betting is legal, but would also regulate it and put a tax on it.
- Looney says fantasy sports bill unlikely after AG's warning Updated: Apr-18-16 5:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Legislation authorizing fantasy sports appeared unlikely Monday to pass this year after the Connecticut attorney general said it could jeopardize the state's slot machine revenue-sharing agreement with two federally recognized Indian tribes.
- Measures to regulate fantasy sports in Maryland fail Updated: Apr-12-16 1:16 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Measures to regulate Internet fantasy sports betting in Maryland have failed in the state's legislature.
- Missouri lawmakers weigh daily fantasy sports rules, taxes Updated: Apr-09-16 4:58 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri House members this week took action to be among the first states to pass laws protecting daily fantasy sports, a business that has fallen under national scrutiny by state lawmakers and attorneys general.
- Missouri House passes bill on rules for daily fantasy sports Updated: Apr-07-16 5:23 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Fantasy sports could continue in Missouri without facing gambling regulations under a bill advancing in the state Legislature.
- Illinois delays daily fantasy sports legislation Updated: Apr-06-16 12:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A measure to legalize daily fantasy sports betting in Illinois is being delayed as lawmakers continue working on crafting the proposal.
- Alabama AG: Paid online fantasy sports sites are illegal Updated: Apr-05-16 6:06 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's attorney general says online fantasy sports betting sites are illegal according to state law.
- US court rules Arizona tribe can have casino in Phoenix area Updated: Mar-29-16 5:29 pm
PHOENIX - A federal appeals court on Tuesday ruled that federal law and a southern Arizona tribe's gambling compact with the state allow the tribe to have a casino in a Phoenix suburb, despite arguments by state officials and two other tribes with casinos in the metro area.
- State bills to allow fantasy sports could hurt smaller firms Updated: Mar-27-16 11:28 am
Smaller companies in the exploding fantasy sports industry say they could be shut out of doing business in some states by legislation that is actually intended to recognize the games' legality.