- Some dramatic Triple Crown finishes, winners and losers Updated: May-22-15 12:39 pm
NEW YORK - Funny how a 1 1/2-mile race - the farthest distance most horses will ever run - can be decided by a head, neck or nose, or by 8, 25 or even 31 lengths.
- Preakness winner American Pharoah returns to Churchill Downs Updated: May-18-15 7:15 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - American Pharoah took a short walk to stretch his legs after his flight before getting a bath and retiring to his barn for some well-earned rest.
- What was learned from American Pharoah's Preakness victory Updated: May-17-15 2:06 am
BALTIMORE - That was easy, wasn't it?
- Chenery, Cauthen: American Pharoah has the Triple Crown look Updated: May-16-15 11:54 pm
Secretariat owner Penny Chenery and Affirmed jockey Steve Cauthen believe American Pharoah is that special horse capable of ending a 37-year Triple Crown drought. Ron Turcotte agrees.
- American Pharoah romps in Preakness; Triple Crown try next Updated: May-16-15 9:02 pm
BALTIMORE - Minutes before the Preakness, it was an ominous scene at Pimlico Race Course. Thunder and lightning. Wind and rain. A record crowd scrambling for cover. A drenched racetrack.
- Preakness starters' names evolve from an involved process Updated: May-15-15 3:03 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Coming up with a clever name for a thoroughbred can be a challenge - and not just creatively.
- Derby winner American Pharoah has dreaded rail for Preakness Updated: May-13-15 9:33 pm
BALTIMORE - Bob Baffert can only hope the finish of the Preakness Stakes turns out better than the post-position draw.
- 3 indicted in post-Derby slaying of Canadian tourist Updated: May-13-15 4:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A grand jury in Kentucky has indicted three people in connection with the slaying of a Canadian tourist in town for the Kentucky Derby.
- Kentucky Derby winner American Pharoah arrives at Pimlico Updated: May-13-15 3:54 pm
BALTIMORE - Kentucky Derby winner American Pharoah has arrived at Pimlico Race Course, site of Saturday's Preakness.
- Barbaro's owners back at Preakness with Divining Rod Updated: May-12-15 9:42 pm
Roy and Gretchen Jackson are heading back to the Preakness as owners for the first time since Barbaro's fateful trip to Pimlico nine years ago.
- Trainer Todd Pletcher takes pass on Preakness Updated: May-12-15 4:06 pm
NEW YORK - The Preakness is out for trainer Todd Pletcher.
- Hall of Famer Stevens looking to turn tables in Preakness Updated: May-12-15 1:42 pm
BALTIMORE - Gary Stevens came within a length of his fourth Kentucky Derby win when Firing Line finished second to American Pharoah.
- 2 separate fatal shootings happen on Kentucky Derby day Updated: May-04-15 6:13 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Police are investigating separate fatal shootings, one occurring before the Kentucky Derby and one after.
- News briefs from around Kentucky at 1:58 a.m. EDT Updated: May-04-15 3:04 am
BOSTON - Winter's full fury arrived late in much of the country but once it did it was relentless, quickly exhausting snow removal budgets and pushing the resources of state transportation agencies to their limit as they fought to keep highways safe and passable, according to a first-of-its-kind survey.
- Kentucky Derby win raises expectations for American Pharoah Updated: May-04-15 2:52 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Trainer Bob Baffert barely had 14 hours to digest his Kentucky Derby victory with American Pharoah before hearing the inevitable question.
- Derby winner American Pharoah a go in Preakness Updated: May-03-15 9:17 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Lured by the promise of carrots, American Pharoah was led out of the barn to face a throng of cameras.
- Police investigate fatal shooting near Kentucky Derby Updated: May-03-15 12:55 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville police are investigating a fatal shooting that took place near the Kentucky Derby.
- The Latest: Mayweather-Pacquiao close going into late rounds Updated: May-03-15 12:42 am
LAS VEGAS - 9:38 p.m. (12:38 a.m.) Round 10
- Espinoza on a Derby roll with 2nd straight win, 3 overall Updated: May-02-15 9:32 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Victor Espinoza is getting pretty good at winning the Kentucky Derby.
- Private Zone wins Churchill Downs Stakes Updated: May-02-15 5:50 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Private Zone was the front-running winner in the $500,000 Churchill Downs Stakes as Bayern faded badly Saturday in his season debut.
- The Latest: Flay fires up winner in Derby undercard race Updated: May-02-15 3:00 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - 2:38 p.m.
- International Star scratched from 141st Kentucky Derby Updated: May-02-15 12:21 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - International Star was scratched from the Kentucky Derby early Saturday, leaving 18 horses to run for the roses.
- Ashley Judd to narrate NBC Kentucky Derby open Updated: May-01-15 7:37 pm
NEW YORK - Ashley Judd is big on Kentucky sporting events. She cheered on the Kentucky Wildcats during March Madness, and now she'll voice the opening of NBC's Kentucky Derby on Saturday.
- Seersucker combos: For men, they are a Kentucky Derby must Updated: May-01-15 5:24 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Only a confident man would wear a loud blue or pink seersucker suit in public, unfazed about what people may think.
- El Kabeir scratched from Kentucky Derby; field now 19 Updated: May-01-15 5:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - El Kabeir has been scratched from the Kentucky Derby after missing a morning gallop due to a bruised left front foot.