- Disney CEO meets Chinese president ahead of park opening Updated: May-05-16 7:26 am
BEIJING - The head of entertainment giant Disney had a rare official meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Thursday, a month before the opening of its $5.5 billion theme park in the country's financial hub of Shanghai.
- Universal Studios Hollywood seeks zombies for new attraction Updated: May-04-16 9:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Southern California theme park is looking for a few good - zombies.
- Democrats divide in 3-way primary for West Virginia governor Updated: May-03-16 4:57 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - While West Virginia's coal industry shrivels and unemployment surges, billionaire businessman Jim Justice is dreaming about the next Dollywood, Disney World or Idaho potato in his Democratic bid for governor.
- Private management company to run Playland amusement park Updated: May-03-16 3:43 am
RYE, New York - Westchester County is allowing a private management company to run the 87-year-old Playland amusement park.
- Selfie stick halts Disney roller coaster ride Updated: May-02-16 11:58 pm
ANAHEIM, California - A roller coaster ride at Disney California Adventure park was halted for about two hours when someone pulled out a selfie stick.
- Casino agency paying $1.1M to buy out Steel Pier's creditor Updated: May-02-16 4:51 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Casino Reinvestment Development Authority will pay up to $1.1 million to buy out the Steel Pier's creditor.
- Michigan's Adventure seeks to link to public sewage system Updated: May-01-16 3:17 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A western Michigan amusement park that last month received a permit allowing it to increase how much sewage it treats and releases into groundwater is now seeking to hook into a public system.
- Officials break ground on Cedar Point youth sports complex Updated: Apr-30-16 11:21 am
SANDUSKY, Ohio - Officials at Ohio's Cedar Point amusement park have broken ground on a $23.5 million youth-sports complex.
- 3 Sumatran tiger cubs step out at San Diego Zoo Updated: Apr-27-16 2:40 pm
SAN DIEGO - Three endangered Sumatran tiger cubs have made their debut at San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- Travel news: Universal-Exorcist, Eiteljorg, toilets, LLBean Updated: Apr-27-16 11:41 am
UNIVERSAL PARKS' HALLOWEEN THEME: 'THE EXORCIST'
- City issues violation to park developers over logged trees Updated: Apr-27-16 11:33 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Virginia Beach officials have issued a zoning violation to developers of an outdoor adventure park for children with special needs, veterans with disabilities and their families for removing trees without a permit.
- Man dies after being gored by buffalo in Spanish safari park Updated: Apr-27-16 10:21 am
MADRID - Spanish police say a man has died after being repeatedly gored by a buffalo in a safari park in eastern Spain.
- Kentucky Noah's Ark attraction gets tax incentive approval Updated: Apr-26-16 7:56 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A battle over a Kentucky tax incentive for a religious theme park featuring Noah's Ark has ended in a win for the big boat.
- Dubai to open Marvel, Cartoon Network-branded theme park Updated: Apr-24-16 9:25 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Dubai will soon have a one-stop destination for families whose tastes run from Spider-Man to velociraptors to the Powerpuff Girls.
- Atlantic City grapples with how family-friendly it should be Updated: Apr-23-16 11:37 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - On a sunny Sunday in spring, three generations and three branches of Pam Moody's family went to have fun at Gillian's Wonderland Pier on the Ocean City Boardwalk.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay welcomes 2 baby sloths Updated: Apr-22-16 4:30 am
TAMPA, Florida - Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is welcoming two baby sloths.
- Recovering sea turtles flown from Seattle to San Diego Updated: Apr-21-16 8:21 pm
SEATTLE - Two sea turtles that landed cold, sickly and malnourished on shores far beyond their normal living range have been flown aboard a U.S. Coast Guard plane from Seattle to San Diego to finish rehabilitation.
- Cave City attraction sells at auction for $295,000 Updated: Apr-21-16 4:11 am
CAVE CITY, Kentucky - A south-central Kentucky country music radio station owner has bought a closed recreational park in Cave City.
- Passover vacation niche grows to dozens of destinations Updated: Apr-19-16 7:55 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Most Jews around the world say the traditional "Next year in Jerusalem" at the end of the annual Passover Seder feast. Last year, St. Louis native David Benkof said to himself, "Next year in Disney World."
- Abu Dhabi plans $1 billion Warner Bros. theme park Updated: Apr-19-16 9:06 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates has announced plans for a $1 billion Warner Bros. theme park in Abu Dhabi, which will bring to the Middle East the studio's popular superheroes and cartoon characters ranging from Bugs Bunny and Scooby-Doo to Batman and Superman.
- Shootings force Grand Rapids-area carnival to close early Updated: Apr-16-16 4:31 pm
WYOMING, Michigan - A popular 10-day carnival near Grand Rapids is closing early because of two shootings nearby.
- Noah's Ark job float your boat? Then you must be Christian Updated: Apr-14-16 5:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Want to serve food or operate rides at Kentucky's new Noah's Ark attraction? Then you must first pledge your Christianity.
- Deep in the virtual world: A newbie's first brush with VR Updated: Apr-14-16 4:23 pm
NEW YORK - My descent from the boat, gliding through schools of fish and clouds of phosphorescent jellyfish, seemed to be going pretty smoothly. At least until the shark emerged from the deeper gloom and tried to tear its way into my protective cage.
- Mickey Mouse-shaped solar facility unveiled at Disney World Updated: Apr-13-16 9:56 am
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - It's only fitting that solar panels that will help with the power needs of Walt Disney World are shaped like the famous ears of the mouse that started the Disney enterprise.
- Developers: New Orleans can revive flood-damaged theme park Updated: Apr-12-16 6:09 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Developers want to bring life back to a rusting and ghostly theme park on the edge of the swamps outside New Orleans more than 10 years after it was abandoned when Hurricane Katrina left it underwater.