- Minn. lawmakers seek to enhance privacy protection Updated: Apr-23-14 5:26 am
- Hundreds in Mexico protest telecommunications law Updated: Apr-22-14 9:43 pm
- Expanded don't-call list, fuel protections advance Updated: Apr-22-14 6:38 pm
- Websites probed for unauthorized Borges downloads Updated: Apr-22-14 5:13 pm
- Iowa State says data breach could affect thousands Updated: Apr-22-14 2:55 pm
- Coulson denies hearing hacked Daniel Craig message Updated: Apr-22-14 12:37 pm
- Rapid City Council OKs texting-while-driving ban Updated: Apr-22-14 10:01 am
- 550 cited for texting and driving during crackdown Updated: Apr-22-14 7:20 am
- 'Wicked' composer, others fight sheet music piracy Updated: Apr-22-14 1:01 am
- Baton Rouge offers free recycling of electronics Updated: Apr-21-14 7:31 pm
- Gates-funded student data group to shut down Updated: Apr-21-14 6:22 pm
- Ohio AG offers tips in wake of Heartbleed bug Updated: Apr-20-14 3:10 am
- Texting-and-driving ban may still fail after Perry Updated: Apr-19-14 4:49 pm
- SC towns and counties spur state to ban texting Updated: Apr-19-14 12:13 pm
- Bismarck police tougher on texting and driving Updated: Apr-18-14 6:41 pm
- Chafee signs digital proof of insurance bill Updated: Apr-18-14 3:34 pm
- Cyber cops: Target hackers may take years to find Updated: Apr-17-14 3:54 pm
- Senate approves hand-held cellphone ban in NH Updated: Apr-17-14 2:17 pm
- Police charge Canadian in Internet privacy breach Updated: Apr-16-14 9:26 pm
- State Senate leader seeks review of GPS tracking Updated: Apr-16-14 8:34 pm
- MS Ethics board: Text messages are public records Updated: Apr-14-14 9:31 pm
- Netflix's Comcast deal improves quality of video Updated: Apr-14-14 6:59 pm
- Authors Guild asks US court to rule against Google Updated: Apr-11-14 6:16 pm
- Fla. Legislature passes student data privacy bill Updated: Apr-11-14 3:52 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers are on the verge of cracking down on public employees who abuse their access to citizen data.
MEXICO CITY - Hundreds of students and activists marched in Mexico's capital Tuesday to protest a telecommunications law being debated by the Senate that they say will allow the government to arbitrarily censor Internet content.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An expanded "do-not-call" registry that includes text messaging and new protections for heating oil customers were among several consumer protection bills that cleared the Connecticut Senate on Tuesday and will head to the House for final action.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine prosecutor is pursuing a criminal investigation against the owners of the social network Taringa! and another website for downloads that he says violate the intellectual property of the late writer Jorge Luis Borges.
AMES, Iowa - The Social Security numbers of nearly 30,000 people who enrolled at Iowa State University over a 17-year period were exposed in a data breach, school officials announced Tuesday.
LONDON - Former News of the World editor Andy Coulson on Tuesday denied a claim that he listened to a hacked voicemail left by actress Sienna Miller for James Bond star Daniel Craig.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The Rapid City Council has approved a ban on texting while driving that is stricter than state law.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says law enforcement officers across Minnesota cited 550 people for texting while driving during a recent 10-day crackdown on distracted driving.
NEW YORK - By now, some young musical theater fans have received an email from Stephen Schwartz asking them to stop illegally downloading sheet music from any of his shows. Or anyone's show, for that matter.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - That extra computer monitor sitting in the closet or that old printer gathering dust in the office can be brought in for recycling or reuse through Friday.
BUFFALO, New York - The student data processing organization inBloom will shut down in the coming months, its chief executive officer said Monday following criticism that led to the recent loss of the startup's last active client - New York state.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state's attorney general is offering tips for Ohioans to protect their personal information following a major breakdown in Internet security revealed earlier this month.
AUSTIN, Texas - Repeated efforts to implement a statewide ban on texting while driving in Texas may continue to fail even after Gov. Rick Perry leaves office next year.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - After years of facing fierce opposition, the idea of South Carolina passing a statewide texting-while-driving ban is becoming a real possibility. Earlier this month the state Senate and House passed separate bills aimed at putting to an end to the confusing hodgepodge of local bans. However many believe it will fall short of its intention to deter distracted driving.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Bismarck Police issued 31 citations during a texting and driving crackdown last week.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Lincoln Chafee has signed into law legislation allowing motorists in Rhode Island to use their smartphones to offer police proof they have auto insurance.
WASHINGTON - Secret Service investigators say they are close to gaining a full understanding of the methods hackers used to breach Target's computer systems last December.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Hand-held cellphone use would be banned while driving in New Hampshire in mid-2015 under a bill passed Thursday by the Senate.
OTTAWA, Ontario - Police have charged a 19-year-old Canadian man in connection with the loss of taxpayer data from Canada's tax agency website.
SACRAMENTO, California - The leader of the state Senate is seeking an independent review of how parole officers tracked a sex offender charged with four Southern California slayings, a spokesman said Wednesday.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Public officials' text messages about government business are public records, the Mississippi Ethics Commission says.
SAN FRANCISCO - Netflix's videos are streaming through Comcast's Internet service at their highest speeds in 17 months, thanks to a recent deal that bought Netflix a more direct connection to Comcast's network.
NEW YORK - Saying Google Inc. is stealing business from online book retailers, the Authors Guild asked a federal appeals court Friday to reinstate its lawsuit contending that the Internet giant is violating copyright laws with its massive book digitization project.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - School districts will no longer be able to collect student data like fingerprints under a bill passed by the Florida Legislature.