- Kansas City art collection gets $2.32M at Chicago auction Updated: May-22-15 3:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - More than 30 American paintings collected by a Kansas City couple was sold this week for more than $2 million at an auction in Chicago.
- Nazi-looted painting from Gurlitt art trove to go on sale Updated: May-22-15 11:56 am
LONDON - A painting that was seized by the Nazis and only recently returned to the Jewish owner's heirs is going on auction.
- Collection of early American coins sells for $25 million Updated: May-20-15 4:49 pm
NEW YORK - A trove of 128 American coins from the late 18th and early 19th centuries has sold for a total of $25.3 million at auction in New York.
- Guesthouse designed by Frank Gehry sells for $905,000 Updated: May-20-15 2:49 am
OWATONNA, Minnesota - A Minnesota guesthouse designed by architect Frank Gehry that was once valued at $4.5 million has sold for $905,000 at auction in Chicago.
- CANNES WATCH: Koons work to be auctioned off for charity Updated: May-18-15 10:07 am
CANNES, France - Jeff Koons is about to generate some major cash for AIDS charity amfAR: He's agreed to auction off his massive "Coloring Book" sculpture for the group's annual gala outside Cannes this week.
- George Harrison guitar from 1963 brings $490,000 at auction Updated: May-17-15 5:47 am
NEW YORK - A guitar George Harrison played at a time when Beatlemania was taking flight has sold for nearly half a million dollars at a New York auction.
- Correction: Sotheby's-Spring Art Auction story Updated: May-15-15 4:46 pm
NEW YORK - In a May 12 story about the Sotheby's Spring art auction, The Associated Press erroneously reported the estimate of the value of pop and contemporary artwork donated by philanthropist Stefan Edlis to the Art Institute of Chicago. It is about $400 million, not $40 million.
- Rare Burmese ruby sells for $30.3 million at auction Updated: May-13-15 4:50 pm
GENEVA - A rare Burmese ruby in a platinum ring with diamonds sold for $30.3 million at auction, setting a world auction record for any ruby and for any stone by Cartier, according to Sotheby's.
- Iconic works by Lucian Freud, Francis Bacon at NYC auction Updated: May-13-15 1:58 pm
NEW YORK - Iconic works by Lucian Freud, Francis Bacon and others are among the highlights of Christie's contemporary art auction Wednesday evening.
- Princess Mathilde's pink diamond sells for $15.9 million Updated: May-12-15 4:01 pm
GENEVA - An 8.72-carat pink diamond ring believed part of a collection once owned by Princess Mathilde Bonaparte sold at auction Tuesday for $15.9 million, according to Sotheby's Geneva.
- Vermont holds surplus vehicle auction Saturday Updated: May-09-15 8:16 am
BERLIN, Vermont - Cars, trucks, and heavy equipment will be auctioned off in the Vermont state surplus property auction this weekend in Berlin.
- Austrian empress's potty fetches thousands of euros Updated: May-08-15 5:18 am
VIENNA - What's a potty worth? Thousands of euros, if it was used by an Austrian empress - but much less than her footwear.
- Georgia O'Keeffe flower painting going to NYC auction Updated: May-04-15 9:14 am
NEW YORK - A Georgia O'Keeffe flower painting that the artist kept for herself is among the highlights of an upcoming auction of American art.
- McLeod collection of Elvis memorabilia sells at 2nd auction Updated: May-03-15 5:37 pm
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - An auctioneer's gavel has banged "sold" for hundreds of Elvis Presley photos, records, figurines, cutouts, clocks and other kitsch collected by the late Paul McLeod.
- Picasso, Giacometti poised to set records at NYC auctions Updated: May-01-15 11:54 am
NEW YORK - New York City's spring art auctions get underway Tuesday with exceptional pieces by Pablo Picasso, Alberto Giacometti, Vincent Van Gogh and others whose work continues to fuel a robust market for impressionist, modern and contemporary art.
- 1933 car part of Dillinger exhibit since '96 up for auction Updated: May-01-15 10:26 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A 1933 car that has been part of a John Dillinger Museum exhibit and appeared in a film about the famous gangster will be auctioned Saturday outside the historic Lake County Courthouse.
- $100 million for a home? Luxury buyers reach a new threshold Updated: Apr-30-15 2:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The poshest of luxury homes are acquiring the cachet of a masterwork by Picasso or Matisse.
- Chicago collection of Tiffany works is going to NYC auction Updated: Apr-29-15 12:06 pm
NEW YORK - A collection of Tiffany works and prewar design assembled by a Chicago businessman is going on the auction block in New York.
- Elvis kitsch from Graceland Too museum back on auction block Updated: Apr-29-15 11:16 am
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - A huge, quirky collection of Elvis Presley memorabilia is about to be auctioned off, piece-by-piece.