- Football used in 1958 title game auctioned for $62,140 Updated: Feb-12-16 12:07 pm
BALTIMORE - The football that Johnny Unitas threw to Raymond Berry for a touchdown in the historic 1958 NFL Championship game has been sold for $62,140 at an auction.
- Sitka hosts mask exhibit featuring 10 common Alaska diseases Updated: Feb-12-16 4:06 am
SITKA, Alaska - Growing up in Eagle River, Drew Michael pursued art with a fervency that reached "nerd" levels.
- That's gold: Bill and Dave Christian medals up for auction Updated: Feb-11-16 3:46 pm
Their Olympic gold medals and other memorabilia have been spending more time in safety deposit boxes than on display, so Bill Christian and Dave Christian decided the time was right to auction them off.
- Lock of Lennon's hair expected to fetch $10K at auction Updated: Feb-08-16 1:32 pm
DALLAS - A lock of hair snipped from the head of John Lennon as the Beatle prepared for a film role is expected to sell for $10,000 at a Dallas auction later this month.
- Retired Ohio police officer gets to buy K-9 partner for $1 Updated: Feb-04-16 4:52 pm
MARIETTA, Ohio - A recently retired Ohio police officer has been allowed to buy his K-9 partner for $1.
- Albania to auction off old Eastern Bloc military aircraft Updated: Feb-03-16 7:06 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albania is auctioning off dozens of obsolete Eastern Bloc military aircraft to raise cash for its armed forces, and officials say museums and collectors from several countries have expressed interest.
- 3 stolen vintage banjos worth more than $16,000 recovered Updated: Jan-28-16 6:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Three vintage banjos valued at more than $16,000 were recovered by a North Carolina music shop after they turned up at an auction house the same day they were stolen.
- Rockford Christmas tree getting new life as table Updated: Jan-27-16 4:52 am
DURAND, Illinois - The towering Christmas tree that illuminated downtown Rockford this holiday season is getting a second life as a custom-designed wood table.
- Couple closing bookstore in downtown Rapid City Updated: Jan-24-16 12:10 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A bookstore in downtown Rapid City is closing after less than two years due to generally slow sales.
- Roane County family finds antique cookbook Updated: Jan-24-16 10:17 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - History pokes out from the edges.
- Who's your co-pilot? Pope's Fiat going up for auction Updated: Jan-20-16 10:55 am
PHILADELPHIA - One of the two Fiats used by Pope Francis during his September visit to Philadelphia is going up for auction.
- Sailboat maker Gunboat International to be sold at auction Updated: Jan-20-16 9:43 am
WANCHESE, North Carolina - A company that makes luxury catamarans on Roanoke Island is expected to be sold at a court auction this spring.
- Rare copy of British official's 1760 book sold for $17K Updated: Jan-18-16 10:29 am
ALBANY, New York - A Colonial British government official's copy of a rare book detailing France's holdings in North America at the end of the French and Indian War has been sold for more than $17,000 at a Massachusetts auction.