- Georgia O'Keeffe flower painting going to NYC auction Updated: May-04-15 9:14 am
NEW YORK - A Georgia O'Keeffe flower painting that the artist kept for herself is among the highlights of an upcoming auction of American art.
- McLeod collection of Elvis memorabilia sells at 2nd auction Updated: May-03-15 5:37 pm
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - An auctioneer's gavel has banged "sold" for hundreds of Elvis Presley photos, records, figurines, cutouts, clocks and other kitsch collected by the late Paul McLeod.
- Picasso, Giacometti poised to set records at NYC auctions Updated: May-01-15 11:54 am
NEW YORK - New York City's spring art auctions get underway Tuesday with exceptional pieces by Pablo Picasso, Alberto Giacometti, Vincent Van Gogh and others whose work continues to fuel a robust market for impressionist, modern and contemporary art.
- 1933 car part of Dillinger exhibit since '96 up for auction Updated: May-01-15 10:26 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A 1933 car that has been part of a John Dillinger Museum exhibit and appeared in a film about the famous gangster will be auctioned Saturday outside the historic Lake County Courthouse.
- $100 million for a home? Luxury buyers reach a new threshold Updated: Apr-30-15 2:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The poshest of luxury homes are acquiring the cachet of a masterwork by Picasso or Matisse.
- Chicago collection of Tiffany works is going to NYC auction Updated: Apr-29-15 12:06 pm
NEW YORK - A collection of Tiffany works and prewar design assembled by a Chicago businessman is going on the auction block in New York.
- Elvis kitsch from Graceland Too museum back on auction block Updated: Apr-29-15 11:16 am
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - A huge, quirky collection of Elvis Presley memorabilia is about to be auctioned off, piece-by-piece.
- Rare Honus Wagner baseball card sells for $1.32 million Updated: Apr-27-15 2:32 pm
WATCHUNG, New Jersey - A Honus Wagner T206 baseball card has been auctioned for $1.32 million in online bidding.
- Abilene racing greyhound sells at auction for record $85K Updated: Apr-27-15 11:02 am
ABILENE, Kansas - A racing greyhound from a farm south of Abilene has made a name for himself in the National Greyhound Association's auction record book.
- Backpack strap used by Apollo 14 moonwalker sells for $41K Updated: Apr-24-15 1:34 pm
BOSTON - A backpack strap used by an Apollo 14 astronaut as he moved around the surface of the moon in 1971 has sold at auction for nearly $42,000.
- 100-carat diamond sells for $22 million at auction Updated: Apr-21-15 7:12 pm
NEW YORK - A "perfect" 100-carat diamond in a classic emerald cut sold for just over $22 million at auction on Tuesday.
- New Orleans to auction off 113 vehicles Tuesday Updated: Apr-20-15 10:59 am
NEW ORLEANS - The city of New Orleans will hold another abandoned vehicle auction.
- Backlash cancels auction of Japanese internment camp items Updated: Apr-17-15 11:52 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Protests by Japanese-American groups have led an East Coast auction house to cancel a sale of 450 photos and artifacts from World War II internment camps.
- Billionaire's American West art collection to be sold in NYC Updated: Apr-14-15 11:10 am
NEW YORK - Christie's auction house will offer a large group of paintings depicting the American West from the collection of billionaire businessman William Koch (kohk).
- Mitchell school board awards bid for fine arts center Updated: Apr-14-15 10:26 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The school board in Mitchell has awarded the construction bid for a fine arts center, despite the project being over budget.
- Ohio businessman is high bidder for Williams Country Club Updated: Apr-13-15 6:36 pm
WEIRTON, West Virginia - An Ohio businessman is the high bidder for a former Weirton Steel golf course and country club.
- $7.8 million estate in Bath County to be sold at auction Updated: Apr-13-15 2:07 am
MILLBORO, Virginia - A $7.8 million estate covering more than 800 acres in Bath County is going on the auction block.
- Don McLean's 'American Pie' brings $1.2M at auction Updated: Apr-07-15 11:47 am
NEW YORK - Singer-songwriter Don McLean's original manuscript and notes to "American Pie" sold at auction Tuesday for $1.2 million.