- Celebrities jam Havana streets for Chanel's Cuban takeover Updated: May-04-16 12:52 pm
HAVANA - The afternoon sun was still baking central Havana when Mabel Fernandez and her 14-year daughter took their spot facing the Prado, a grand colonial boulevard hung with lights and loudspeakers for a fashion show by French luxury label Chanel.
- EXCHANGE: Ball State students design functional fashion Updated: May-04-16 8:02 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - The spring rainy season was the perfect time for a group of Ball State University fashion majors to debut a special project they've been working on this semester.
- Silver reigns on Met Gala red carpet Updated: May-02-16 7:44 pm
NEW YORK - Met Gala grande dame Anna Wintour was the first to arrive on the red carpet Monday, in a fringed, white body-hugging gown by Chanel and acknowledging her life is not a great example of the evening's theme, the convergence of man and machine.
- Met curator Andrew Bolton, quiet defender of fashion as art Updated: Apr-25-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - The opening seconds of the trailer for "The First Monday in May," the new documentary about the dizzyingly star-studded Met Gala, show pop star Rihanna tossing her fashionable head in slo-mo as the red-carpet cameras click furiously. Suitably, she sports a glistening tiara.
- Mannington artist brings sights, sounds and smells to life Updated: Apr-24-16 11:25 am
MANNINGTON, West Virginia - Some artists create their work by looking directly at another item.
- Behold the stump speech, the daily grind of candidates Updated: Apr-22-16 12:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Day after day, the candidates for president wake up, brush their teeth and pump themselves up to say the same thing they did yesterday.
- Donatella Versace reacts to death of friend, Prince Updated: Apr-22-16 8:09 am
MILAN - Italian fashion designer Donatella Versace says she's mourning the death of Prince, one of her closest friends, who has died after collapsing in an elevator at his recording studio complex in suburban Minneapolis.
- Bob Mackie to receive award from Chicago costume council Updated: Apr-18-16 1:33 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago History Museum's Costume Council plans to honor fashion designer Bob Mackie.
- Sean Penn's 'The Last Face' competing at Cannes festival Updated: Apr-14-16 12:23 pm
PARIS - Sean Penn's "The Last Face" about aid workers in Africa will compete at the Cannes Film Festival this year - along with movies about interracial marriage in 1950s America, illness and poverty in working class Britain and cannibal fashion models in Los Angeles.
- Following vaccine controversy, Tribeca rolls out red carpet Updated: Apr-14-16 3:45 am
NEW YORK - The 15th annual Tribeca Film Festival kicked off fashionably with the premiere of Andrew Rossi's "The First Monday in May," a behind-the-scenes documentary about the mounting of an ambitious fashion exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the museum's annual star-studded Met Gala.
- London's V&A museum reveals a brief history of underwear Updated: Apr-13-16 12:14 pm
LONDON - Think of it as Victoria's (and Albert's) secret. London's Victoria and Albert Museum has peeled back fashion's layers to expose everything from long johns to lingerie in "Undressed," an exhibition tracing the hidden history of underwear.
- U2's Bono urges lawmakers to view aid as national security Updated: Apr-12-16 10:04 pm
WASHINGTON - U2 frontman Bono brought his star power to Capitol Hill Tuesday as he called on members of Congress to take swift action to deal with the global refugee crisis and violent extremism.
- John Oliver sends more 'riff-raff' to Yankee Stadium Updated: Apr-07-16 4:04 am
NEW YORK - John Oliver has put more "riff-raff" in the premium seats at Yankee Stadium.
- Lupita Nyong'o still basking in glow of 2014 Oscar win Updated: Apr-06-16 5:40 am
LOS ANGELES - Lupita Nyong'o's career has moved well along since her Academy Award two years ago, yet she's still basking in the glow of her Oscar win.