- Image of Asia: Chanel pays homage in Korean fashion show Updated: May-05-15 9:01 am
In this photo by Ahn Young-joon, Chanel head designer Karl Lagerfeld walks the runway with South Korean model Soo Joo Park and godson Hudson Kroenig after the presentation of his 2015-2016 Chanel cruise collection in Seoul. The collection paid homage to the host country, blending modernity and tradition. "Modern, international version of a typical Korean mood, how we see it for the modern 21st century but with inspiration from the past because I love the traditional Korean clothes, materials, patterns and all that. But it had to be made in a modern way because you can get cheap copies of the real one in any market. The real antique ones nobody can touch," said Lagerfeld. The collection looked to Chanel's past with monochromatic black and white but with the modern twist of bolero jackets over long shorts. Some pieces were inspired by the Korean hanbok, a traditional dress that was updated with a sequined skirt or broach. The show in Seoul was attended by several Korean celebrities such as actor and singer Choi Si-Won and actress and singer Im Yoona, as well as model Gisele Bundchen and actresses Kristen Stewart and Tilda Swinton.
- Beyonce shuts down the Met Gala in peekaboo Givenchy Updated: May-05-15 3:11 am
NEW YORK - Rihanna shut down the Met Gala's red carpet in a regal yellow coat. And then came Bey.
- China-inspired couture on Met Gala red carpet Updated: May-04-15 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - Anna Wintour wore an orange floral couture look from Chanel as she walked up the grand staircase at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to kick off the gala that raises millions for her museum namesake: the Anna Wintour Costume Center.
- Met show uses film, fashion to explore East-West interplay Updated: May-04-15 6:33 pm
NEW YORK - Hollywood has long been fascinated with China. But that doesn't mean it has always represented it fully or accurately - far from it.
- The Latest: Flay fires up winner in Derby undercard race Updated: May-02-15 3:00 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - 2:38 p.m.
- Macy's pulls plug on Glamorama Updated: May-01-15 6:31 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Macy's has canceled Glamorama, the biggest and longest-running high-fashion event in Minneapolis.
- Beckham's influence grows as former soccer star turns 40 Updated: May-01-15 11:00 am
- Correction: American Indians-Stereotypes story Updated: Apr-29-15 2:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - In an Associated Press story April 24 about American Indian stereotypes, the AP erroneously reported comments by Elise Marubbio, an American Indian Studies professor at Augsburg College, about the portrayal of Lakota Indians. She said that other Great Plains tribes, such as the Comanche, but not the Lakota, were portrayed as living in Monument Valley.
- The Latest: 'Jersey Boys' serenade guests at state dinner Updated: Apr-28-15 10:59 pm
10:40 p.m. (EDT)
- Michelle Obama dons Tadashi Shoji gown at Japan state dinner Updated: Apr-28-15 8:10 pm
WASHINGTON - First lady Michelle Obama paid tribute to the nation of honor at Tuesday's White House dinner for Japan by wearing a gown by Japanese-born designer Tadashi Shoji.
- Lauer, DeGeneres team for racy Daytime Emmys opening Updated: Apr-27-15 3:04 am
LOS ANGELES - Matt Lauer and Ellen DeGeneres helped the Daytime Emmys make a gender-bending return to television with a comedy bit involving pasties and black stockings - and not worn by DeGeneres.
- Lilly Pulitzer's family couldn't beat the rush at Target Updated: Apr-21-15 9:16 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Lilly Pulitzer's own family couldn't beat the "Pink Sunday" rush for the brightly colored limited edition collection at Target.
- Running out of time: Limited-time deals can be limiting Updated: Apr-20-15 6:44 pm
NEW YORK - Target shoppers found out this weekend that when stores make deals to carry merchandise from high-end designers for a limited time, it can be, well, really limiting.
- De la Renta unveils first bridal line since designer's death Updated: Apr-20-15 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - Peter Copping had hoped to work alongside Oscar de la Renta, but it was not to be: Just days after Copping was hired last October as artistic director of the luxury label, the legendary de la Renta passed away from cancer.
- Lambert wins 4, but Luke Bryan takes top prize at ACM Awards Updated: Apr-20-15 5:07 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Miranda Lambert won four awards, including album and song of the year, but the singer lost the night's top prize to Luke Bryan at Sunday's Academy of Country Music Awards.
- Demand for Lilly Pulitzer overwhelms Target.com Updated: Apr-19-15 2:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Huge demand for the Lilly Pulitzer for Target collection has overwhelmed the Minneapolis retailer's website.
- Memphis Group revival permeates Milan furniture fair Updated: Apr-16-15 3:59 pm
MILAN - The Memphis Group, a postmodern design movement that launched at the Milan Furniture Fair in 1981, was back to permeate this year's fair, not just with its acid colors and fanciful squiggles but with its pervasive search for clarity between the artistic and commercial.
- Supermodel Gisele takes her last stroll down the catwalk Updated: Apr-15-15 11:19 pm
SAO PAULO - Gisele Bundchen bid adieu to the catwalk Wednesday night, strutting her stuff at an emotionally charged show in Sao Paulo that she said will be her last stroll down a runway in a 20-year career that has made her a fashion legend.
- Will postal uniforms be tres chic at New York Fashion Week? Updated: Apr-13-15 11:32 am
NEW YORK - What are you wearing to this year's New York Fashion Week?
- Brandywine grad offers bridesmaid dress rentals online Updated: Apr-11-15 9:26 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Stand-up comedian Megan Mooney spoke for generations of bridesmaids when she said the bride-to-be always tries to talk up the ugly bridesmaid's dress.
- Fashion aims to share the spotlight with music at Coachella Updated: Apr-09-15 2:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - "Festival fashion" is a thing, and Coachella is the place.
- Smalto, designer to leaders and athletes, dies at 87 Updated: Apr-06-15 6:03 pm
PARIS - Francesco Smalto, an Italian-born designer who fashioned clothes for world leaders and celebrities, died at age 87, his fashion house said in a statement Monday.
- No promises by Giuliana Rancic to return to 'Fashion Police' Updated: Apr-06-15 9:47 am
NEW YORK - Giuliana Rancic isn't making any promises that she'll return to "Fashion Police" in the fall.