- Beyonce's Super Bowl show bringing both praise and criticism Updated: Feb-08-16 7:46 pm
A day after the Super Bowl, people are still parsing over each frame from Beyonce's halftime performance, trying to glean the messages, both subtle and overt, that made for a stunning display of unapologetic blackness and political activism during one of the most-watched events of the year.
- Designer Siki Im marches out vampires, but luxe vampires Updated: Feb-04-16 9:54 pm
NEW YORK - Are we afraid of monsters, or afraid we ARE the monsters?
- Singer Andra Day rises as soul songstress Updated: Feb-04-16 12:54 pm
ATLANTA - A phone call from Stevie Wonder changed Andra Day's life. He called Day and asked if he could work with her.
- The best seats in Public School's house weren't seats at all Updated: Feb-02-16 9:23 pm
NEW YORK - The best seats in the house Tuesday for the men's runway show by Public School weren't seats at all. And they weren't in the house.
- Harvey Weinstein honored at amfAR New York Fashion Week gala Updated: Jan-28-16 5:52 pm
NEW YORK - The Foundation for AIDS Research is recognizing film producer Harvey Weinstein at its annual New York Fashion Week gala.
- Correction: Pets-Fetch-And-Sketch story Updated: Jan-28-16 5:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - In a story Jan. 27 about artist Rafael Mantesso and his dog Jimmy Choo, The Associated Press reported erroneously that their apartment was in New York. The apartment is in Belo Horizonte in Brazil, not New York. Also Instagram account first used was @rafaelmantesso, not #jimmythebull.
- Fergie applauds Jean Paul Gaultier's couture homage to '80s Updated: Jan-27-16 3:03 pm
PARIS - It was probably before the time of his front row stars singers Fergie and Beth Ditto - but they laughed and applauded nonetheless at Jean Paul Gaultier's fashion homage to the Palace club, France's answer to New York's once-famous Studio 54.
- Designer Norma Kamali working on health and beauty book Updated: Jan-26-16 9:00 pm
NEW YORK - Fashion designer Norma Kamali is teaming with physician Dr. Jingduan Yang on a book about looking and feeling young.
- Macklemore explores his 'White Privilege' in new rap song Updated: Jan-23-16 3:48 pm
NEW YORK - Macklemore explores racism and hip-hop in a new song called "White Privilege II," rapping about a white person's position in society with black people fighting injustice and even namechecking Iggy Azalea for appropriating black culture, along with himself.
- Designer makes gowns out of car interior material Updated: Jan-22-16 9:07 pm
DETROIT - One auto supplier is taking the term "ready to wear" to a whole new level.
- Fashion designers, NFL team up on 50 footballs for charity Updated: Jan-21-16 3:41 pm
NEW YORK - Are you ready for some (bespoke) football? With Super Bowl 50 on the horizon, the NFL and the Council of Fashion Designers of America teamed up to deck out a half-century's worth of pigskins to raise money for the league's charitable foundation.
- Russell Crowe takes in Giorgio Armani fashion from front row Updated: Jan-19-16 10:10 am
MILAN - Two human reactions to turbulent times emerged as fashion concepts during Milan Fashion Week, which wrapped up its five-day run on Tuesday: cocooning and militarization.
- Fashion full-circle: Derek Zoolander hits cover of Vogue Updated: Jan-15-16 8:22 pm
NEW YORK - It was 15 years ago that Ben Stiller's Derek Zoolander first unleashed his signature Blue Steel fashion face on an unsuspecting public, and a lot has changed.
- EXCHANGE: Sterling man has designs on success Updated: Jan-14-16 6:28 am
STERLING, Illinois - It's about what's inside, in more ways than one, for burgeoning clothing designer Apolinar Castillo.
- French fashion body beefs up security ahead of runway shows Updated: Jan-14-16 4:57 am
PARIS - France's fashion federation is ratcheting up security at ready-to-wear shows during next week's Paris Fashion Week in the wake of November's attacks.
- Stella McCartney on trend with star-studded Hollywood soiree Updated: Jan-13-16 6:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Move over New York City, Paris and Milan, there's a new fashionista on the rise: Los Angeles.
- Maggie Smith leaves 'Downton' behind for 'Lady in the Van' Updated: Jan-12-16 6:32 am
LONDON - Filthy, dressed in rags and living in a battered old van, Maggie Smith's latest character is a long way from "Downton Abbey" - and the actress couldn't be happier.
- The Latest: Elton John remembers Bowie as 'an amazing life' Updated: Jan-11-16 7:23 pm
LONDON - The latest on the death of singer David Bowie. All times local.
- Burberry gets close to the audience at London Fashion Week Updated: Jan-11-16 3:18 pm
LONDON - Burberry offered an impressive menswear presentation Monday, featuring live music, international stars and a line-up of well-designed clothes and a bit of a twist.
- David Bowie held powerful influence on fashion design Updated: Jan-11-16 11:23 am
PARIS - David Bowie - with his outrageous alter egos - was famed as much for his image and powerful influence on fashion design as he was for his music.
- 'Martian,' 'Revenant' get awards boost with top Globes wins Updated: Jan-11-16 5:43 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The 73rd annual Golden Globes had a few curveballs up its sleeves, and the biggest ones weren't even from acerbic host Ricky Gervais, who kept the show alive with his biting quips and takedowns of the business that the awards were celebrating.
- Orange reds, whites, bold metallics at the Golden Globes Updated: Jan-11-16 12:41 am
NEW YORK - Orange Reds, winter whites and bold metallics dominated the Golden Globes red carpet in the year's first big show of fashion glitz.
- The Latest: 'The Revenant' wins best drama film Golden Globe Updated: Jan-10-16 11:28 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The latest from Sunday's 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California (all times local):