- State not finished with El Paso cheating scandal Updated: Apr-19-14 5:49 pm
- Ark. higher education agency taps lottery reserves Updated: Apr-19-14 5:08 pm
- Classes of 2017, 2018 get proficiency tests break Updated: Apr-18-14 5:31 pm
- EXCHANGE: Puppy learns to be guide dog Updated: Apr-18-14 6:16 am
- Superintendent: Kids victims in cheating scandal Updated: Apr-17-14 5:44 pm
- Education chief: Testing critics don't have plan Updated: Apr-17-14 3:02 pm
- New SAT: What will those questions look like? Updated: Apr-16-14 3:43 pm
- Senators vying for higher posts spar in hearing Updated: Apr-14-14 7:13 pm
- Illinois debates continuing free ACT test Updated: Apr-14-14 1:03 pm
- Nebraska mom doesn't want state tests for her kids Updated: Apr-14-14 12:22 pm
- Math, reading tests results may not go public Updated: Apr-14-14 10:56 am
- UH law school offers free LSAT prep classes Updated: Apr-14-14 10:04 am
- Southern president aims for higher standards Updated: Apr-12-14 12:09 pm
- Fla. House approves expansion of voucher program Updated: Apr-11-14 7:08 pm
- Teachers, parents debate how much to test students Updated: Apr-11-14 6:28 pm
- Common Core standards dredge up old apprehensions Updated: Apr-11-14 3:25 pm
- Dozens of NYC schools protest state English tests Updated: Apr-11-14 3:19 pm
- Alabama students to take new standardized tests Updated: Apr-09-14 9:31 pm
- Wisconsin seeks answer to student achievement gap Updated: Apr-09-14 6:21 pm
- NYC schools: Tests alone won't decide who repeats Updated: Apr-09-14 4:05 pm
- Board of Education cancels May transition test Updated: Apr-09-14 2:22 pm
- Wisconsin voucher student scores lagging Updated: Apr-08-14 6:31 pm
- Bennett campaigning ethics hearing further delayed Updated: Apr-07-14 5:48 pm
- Putting Common Core to the test Updated: Apr-07-14 1:53 pm
- GA adopts new teacher, principal evaluation system Updated: Apr-03-14 8:08 pm
El PASO, Texas - Texas education officials want to repeal the state certifications of 11 administrators linked to an El Paso classroom cheating scandal.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The director of the Arkansas Department of Higher Education says the agency has been forced to temporarily tap some of its $20 million lottery reserve fund to cover its Academic Challenge scholarship obligations.
LAS VEGAS - Passing math and English classes with a D and simply taking the proficiency test will be all that Nevada high school freshmen and sophomores need to do in 2014 and 2015 to meet future graduation requirements, according to a state Board of Education decision.
GRAYSLAKE, Illinois - At just 5 months old, Bailey is getting an education at Grayslake Central High School.
LAS VEGAS - Nevada's state school superintendent called children the victims and adults the culprits in a cheating scandal uncovered at a Las Vegas elementary school.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Continued efforts to try to keep Louisiana from using tests associated with the Common Core education standards are creating "a state of chaos" for public school teachers, Superintendent of Education John White said Thursday.
WASHINGTON - Calculate the foreign exchange rate a vacationing American would pay in India. Estimate from a random sample the number of 18- to 34-year olds who voted for a candidate. These are sample questions from the newly redesigned SAT, which aims for more real-world applications and analysis from students.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Senate panel's discussion about how best to overhaul the curriculum and testing procedures for Texas high schools at times felt like a political debate Monday, as a gubernatorial hopeful and two candidates for lieutenant governor shared the spotlight.
DEKALB, Illinois - Thousands of high school junior students are preparing for this year's ACT as Illinois lawmakers consider whether to continue paying for them to take the college readiness exam.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A southeast Nebraska woman is joining some other parents across the nation in deciding their children will not take statewide tests. She says the tests are about politics, not learning
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas education officials are considering not releasing the results of annual state math and reading tests after computer problems and cyberattacks have plagued the administration of this year's exams.
HONOLULU - The University of Hawaii's law school is still accepting applications for the fall.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Southern University President Ronald Mason says the 134-year-old historically black university needs higher entrance standards.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Following a fierce partisan debate where legislators traded barbs and accused each other of hypocrisy, the Florida House on Friday voted in favor of expanding the state's main private school voucher program.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana education officials are trying to find a balance between preparing students for a new statewide test and overloading them with assessments as Indiana moves forward as the first state to drop the Common Core education standards.
LAS VEGAS - Nevada's efforts to adopt new education standards are being roundly applauded by educators and business leaders but drawing the scorn of some parents who say the initiative is too radical.
NEW YORK - Principals at some three dozen New York City public schools led protests Friday against this year's New York state English tests, which they said were poorly designed and confusing.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama public school students will take new standardized tests this spring that, in addition to measuring academic performance, will estimate their eventual score on the ACT college entrance exam.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin had the worst achievement gap between black and white students among states last year, and officials shouldered the blame Wednesday while putting the onus on teachers to address the issue.
NEW YORK - New York City schools will de-emphasize the role of standardized test scores in deciding which students must repeat a grade, Chancellor Carmen Farina said Wednesday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana students won't be taking a test this May that was meant to help transition to new education standards.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Students attending private schools in Wisconsin using taxpayer subsidized vouchers did not score as well overall as their public school counterparts on reading or math tests, results released Tuesday show.
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana Schools Superintendent Tony Bennett's hearing over charges that he violated state ethics laws was pushed back Monday to August as defense attorneys review thousands of pages of evidence turned over by the state inspector general.
LEWISTON, Idaho - It's test time for Idaho students - and for the test itself.
ATLANTA - Student test scores are part of a new teacher and principal evaluation system that won final approval from the state Board of Education on Thursday.