- WA schools have new kind of data about students Updated: Dec-09-13 8:34 pm
- Snow forces school closings in Del., but UD open Updated: Dec-09-13 12:36 pm
- Monongalia has highest pct. of PROMISE recipients Updated: Dec-09-13 11:34 am
- Wis. students rushing to take GED tests Updated: Dec-09-13 11:23 am
- Topeka high school tests hair for drugs Updated: Dec-09-13 9:47 am
- Protesters accuse Ga. university of animal cruelty Updated: Dec-08-13 4:43 pm
- Fulton woman helps inmates prepare for GED Updated: Dec-08-13 1:04 pm
- Albuquerque board refuses to send testing letters Updated: Dec-05-13 12:45 pm
- Miss. can delay high-stakes teacher evaluations Updated: Dec-04-13 7:36 pm
- NJ approves alternatives to GED test Updated: Dec-04-13 2:19 pm
- Diligent Asian students dominate global exam Updated: Dec-04-13 12:05 pm
- BESE supports change in shift to tougher standards Updated: Dec-03-13 5:27 pm
- Mass., Conn. students perform well on global test Updated: Dec-03-13 4:13 pm
- NC court rebuffs company on virtual charter school Updated: Dec-03-13 2:31 pm
- Fla. students below global peers in math, science Updated: Dec-03-13 12:54 pm
- Blue Valley students taking international test Updated: Dec-03-13 11:56 am
- Asian nations dominate international test Updated: Dec-03-13 5:03 am
- SC State holding active shooter drill Updated: Dec-03-13 4:05 am
- State: Smarter Balanced tests only viable option Updated: Dec-02-13 6:29 pm
- Little Rock student gets perfect score on ACT exam Updated: Dec-02-13 10:17 am
- Many La. voucher students at failing schools Updated: Dec-01-13 8:05 pm
- 1 of state's top schools in Coeur d'Alene Updated: Dec-01-13 7:01 pm
- Indiana GOP leaders ready to scrap Common Core Updated: Dec-01-13 6:05 pm
- Critical thinking hallmark of Common Core class Updated: Dec-01-13 2:38 pm
- Conn. university to test pot for contaminants Updated: Dec-01-13 1:05 pm
SEATTLE - Washington school officials and parents on Monday were given a new way to look at their schools - information on how much math and reading students are learning from year to year.
NEWARK, Delaware - A winter storm that dumped a foot of snow on Newark wasn't enough to interrupt final exams at the University of Delaware.
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - Monongalia County had the state's highest percentage of high school graduates who receive PROMISE scholarships in the 2011-2012 academic year, a state report shows.
WAUSAU, Wisconsin - Students in north-central Wisconsin are rushing to take their high school GED tests before the exams get tougher next year.
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Catholic high school in Topeka has been randomly testing students' hair to determine if the students have been using drugs.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Nearly 100 demonstrators and their dogs gathered in Augusta on Saturday to protest Georgia Regents University's use of dogs to test human dental implants.
FULTON, Mississippi - "In a lot of ways, going to jail can be a good thing," said Itawamba Learning Center volunteer Pat Thorn.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque's school board has voted down a proposal to have the district send letters telling parents that they can have their children not take certain standardized tests.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The federal government has granted Mississippi permission for a one-year delay in the use of evaluations to hire and fire teachers.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey is offering alternatives to the GED exam to enable those who drop out of high school to receive diplomas.
BEIJING - As a ninth-grader, Shanghai's Li Sixin spent more than three hours on homework a night and took tutorials in math, physics and chemistry on the weekends. When she was tapped to take an exam last year given to half a million students around the world, Li breezed through it.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Public school letter grades, teacher evaluations and student promotion won't be affected by Louisiana's shift to more rigorous educational standards for two years, the state's top school board decided Tuesday.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Massachusetts students scored among the top performing education systems worldwide in reading, math and science, while students in Connecticut also had top scores in reading and science and around average results in math, officials said Tuesday.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A three-judge panel of the state Court of Appeals on Tuesday unanimously rejected a bid by a company to establish an online-only charter school for students whose parents opt out of existing public school classrooms.
MIAMI - Florida teens scored lower than their international peers in math and science and about the same in reading, results from a global test released Tuesday show.
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - High school students in the Blue Valley School District are part of a pilot project involving an international test that can be used to compare students' performances against those of international students.
WASHINGTON - Teens from Asian nations dominated a global exam given to 15-year-olds, while U.S. students showed little improvement and failed to reach the top 20 in math, science or reading, according to test results released Tuesday.
ORANGEBURG, South Carolina - South Carolina State University is testing how it would respond to an active shooter on campus.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan should stick with plans to switch to a new standardized test next school year because it is the only viable option, the state Education Department told lawmakers Monday.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A student in the Little Rock School District says a random act of kindness inspired her recent perfect score on the ACT college exam.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - New data indicates that many students in Louisiana's voucher program attended schools that were rated "D'' or "F'' on the state's grading scale. At least 45 percent of the nearly 5,000 students in the program last year attended such schools, a new report indicates.
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - From the outside, the Coeur d'Alene Charter Academy, built in two former commercial buildings in a non-descript industrial corner of town, hardly fits the prototype for a school that consistently ranks among the best in the state.
INDIANAPOLIS - The Republican leaders of the General Assembly want Indiana to scrap the Common Core education standards and have the state adopt its own guidelines to prepare students for college and careers, a report Sunday said.
MIDDLETOWN, Delaware - Remembering the plot of a short story is no longer good enough in teacher Amy Lawson's fifth-grade classroom.
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - The microscope at the University of New Haven, set at 10-times magnification, shows a marijuana leaf covered with dozens of tiny bumps. It's mold, and someone, somewhere could be smoking similarly contaminated pot and not have a clue.