- Grand Canyon rallies to beat UT-Rio Grande Valley 64-58 Updated: Feb-06-16 10:59 pm
EDINBURG, Texas - Joshua Braun scored 20 points and Grand Canyon rode a monster second half to beat Texas Rio Grande Valley 64-58 Saturday night and snapped a two-game skid.
- Decision on contentious Snowbird expansion again delayed Updated: Feb-06-16 1:24 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah County board is again waiting to make a decision on a Snowbird ski resort expansion into American Fork Canyon following a contentious meeting about whether the project could stir up old mine waste.
- Body of woman found in Kennewick canyon identified Updated: Feb-05-16 5:46 pm
KENNEWICK, Washington - Authorities have identified a 32-year-old woman found dead in a Kennewick canyon.
- National parks face $12 billion backlog for maintenance work Updated: Feb-05-16 1:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Park Service is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, but the system faces a multibillion dollar maintenance backlog that officials say is no cause for rejoicing.
- Siakam leads New Mexico State to 70-50 win over Grand Canyon Updated: Feb-04-16 11:31 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Pascal Siakam had 17 points and 16 rebounds and New Mexico State beat Grand Canyon 70-50 on Thursday night for its sixth straight win in a showdown for first place in the Western Athletic Conference.
- 5 places in L.A. to soak up Oscars vibes Updated: Feb-04-16 2:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - It's Oscar season in Los Angeles. With the 88th annual Academy Awards scheduled for Feb. 28, here are five places in L.A. to soak up those glitzy Oscars vibes and maybe even run into one of the nominees.
- Lottery open for private Grand Canyon river trips in 2017 Updated: Feb-03-16 8:25 am
GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Arizona - The highly competitive lottery for self-guided rafting trips on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon is open.
- Body of missing skier found buried in avalanche Updated: Feb-02-16 6:26 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say they have found the body of a missing Utah skier buried under three feet of snow from an avalanche in the backcountry outside Park City.
- OSHA cites 'Texas' producers over deadly fireworks blast Updated: Feb-02-16 5:10 pm
PALO DURO CANYON STATE PARK, Texas - Federal officials have issued citations against a group that puts on the outdoor musical "Texas" after a stage manager was killed last summer when two containers of fireworks exploded at the production venue in Palo Duro Canyon.
- Lawmakers again seek tax break for Grand Canyon University Updated: Feb-02-16 1:32 pm
PHOENIX - Lawmakers are again seeking a big property tax break for a growing private Christian university in Phoenix, reviving an effort to benefit Grand Canyon University that was derailed over constitutional concerns in 2014.
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Updated: Feb-01-16 7:12 pm
SAN DIEGO - Steve Fisher's San Diego State Aztecs are halfway through an undefeated run through the Mountain West Conference.
- EXCHANGE: Family sells campground that become part of park Updated: Feb-01-16 8:15 am
LASALLE, Illinois - Blowing snow and biting wind did not steal the moment last month when the Simonson family saw their dream come true at Starved Rock State Park.
- Arizona ski areas deep in snow from El Nino storms Updated: Jan-26-16 8:41 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Arizona is known for being hot in the summer, mild in the winter, for cactus and the desert, and outdoor activities like hiking and golf.
- Crews restore power to lodge at bottom of Grand Canyon Updated: Jan-25-16 11:10 pm
GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Arizona - Crews have restored power to a lodge and cantina at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
- Denver man completes Grand Canyon river trip in record time Updated: Jan-25-16 3:06 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A Denver man has logged the fastest Grand Canyon river trip on record, paddling his kayak down the Colorado River in 34 hours and two minutes.
- 2 teens rescued after falling 50 feet from canyon trail Updated: Jan-24-16 3:09 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Two teens were airlifted to safety after falling more than 50 feet from a hiking trail at Orange County's Modjeska Canyon.
- Grand Canyon gets 11th straight win, 85-78 over UMKC Updated: Jan-23-16 10:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Joshua Braun had 31 points and 10 rebounds on Saturday night and Grand Canyon won its 11th straight, 85-78 over Missouri-Kansas City.
- Rock slide closes road through Yakima River Canyon Updated: Jan-23-16 11:27 am
YAKIMA, Washington - A rock slide has closed a road through Yakima River Canyon outside Ellensburg.
- Arizona wildlife officials urge denial of national monument Updated: Jan-23-16 5:00 am
PHOENIX - Current and former Arizona Game and Fish commissioners are urging President Barack Obama to deny monument status to a large swath north of the Grand Canyon.
- Glaze, Braun help Grand Canyon crush Chicago State 90-65 Updated: Jan-21-16 10:36 pm
CHICAGO - Grandy Glaze and Joshua Braun scored 19 points apiece to help Grand Canyon crush Chicago State 90-65 on Thursday night.
- Man pleads not guilty to killing girlfriend, dumping body Updated: Jan-19-16 6:26 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A 30-year-old Missoula man has denied charges alleging he killed his girlfriend and dumped her body in the woods southeast of Missoula.
- Crews finish repairing damage from Wind River crash Updated: Jan-18-16 4:43 pm
THERMOPOLIS, Wyoming - Crews have finished repairing damage caused by a truck that crashed in Wind River Canyon last week.
- Rules vary for alcohol on Grand Canyon river rafting trips Updated: Jan-18-16 11:20 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A huge sense of accomplishment rushes over rafters as they conquer the last big rapid on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon.
- Spearfish Canyon could become South Dakota's next state park Updated: Jan-18-16 11:05 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - An area of the northern Black Hills that architect Frank Lloyd Wright once called more miraculous than the Grand Canyon may soon become part of South Dakota's next state park.
- Land providing access to Spearfish Falls mired in lawsuit Updated: Jan-18-16 9:47 am
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - As South Dakota moves forward with its plan to turn Spearfish Canyon into a state park, some private land that provides a bridge to Spearfish Falls remains mired in a lawsuit.