- NLDS gives Cubs, Cardinals chance to make new memories Updated: Oct-09-15 3:26 am
ST. LOUIS - Joe Maddon stepped to the podium spouting names of obscure Cardinals from the past.
- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Royals fall to Astros 5-2 in opener of AL Division Series Updated: Oct-09-15 1:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals were in this situation last year, dropping the World Series opener to San Francisco before responding with victories in the next two games.
- Chicago Cubs give their longest-suffering fans a bit of hope Updated: Oct-08-15 7:52 pm
CHICAGO - Living in a nursing home run by the Little Sisters of the Poor, 82-year-old Edith Heath knows something about faith.
- Tom Lasorda to toss out 1st pitch before Game 2 of NLDS Updated: Oct-08-15 7:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Hall of Fame manager Tom Lasorda, who guided the Los Angeles Dodgers to their last World Series title in 1988, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Game 2 of the NL Division Series.
- Thieves steal Royals trainer's '85 World Series ring Updated: Oct-08-15 9:48 am
- Arrieta, Cubs silence Pirates 4-0 to win NL wild-card game Updated: Oct-08-15 12:24 am
PITTSBURGH - Maybe it's time to stop treating the Chicago Cubs like they're too young to be here.
- Gallardo got to go home, now starts Rangers' playoff opener Updated: Oct-07-15 11:57 am
Yovani Gallardo grew up watching the Texas Rangers, often going to their ballpark and dreaming of one day pitching in big games for his local team.
- A sad-sack history: The Half-Dozen 'Cubbiest' Moments Ever Updated: Oct-07-15 2:23 am
Cubs manager Joe Maddon says he doesn't believe in "any of that stuff."
- Napoli back with the Rangers, who are back in playoffs Updated: Oct-06-15 5:58 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Chants of "Nap-o-li!, Nap-o-li!" echo in Texas just like 2011 all over again.
- Giants miss playoffs again after latest championship run Updated: Oct-05-15 8:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The defending champion Giants missed the playoffs in yet another odd-year disappointment, as has become the recent pattern following title runs.
- Column: Cubs finally have a team that can end the curse Updated: Oct-02-15 8:33 pm
The uniforms are the same.
- Dodgers finally secure third straight NL West crown Updated: Sep-30-15 10:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Andrew Friedman arrived at Chavez Ravine last October and built the big-spending Dodgers' $285 million roster to win championships, not merely division titles.