- Anchorage retail, restaurant job openings expected Updated: Dec-05-13 11:14 am
- Businesses to feel storm's effects for months Updated: Dec-05-13 9:58 am
- Argentina grapples with its most polluted river Updated: Dec-04-13 10:15 am
- Bill would allow smoking at more outdoor seating Updated: Dec-02-13 8:43 am
- Northern Va. school serves meals and training Updated: Dec-01-13 10:37 am
- Ski slopes readying for post-Thanksgiving visitors Updated: Dec-01-13 1:07 am
- NH ski resort plans expansion, has new tubing park Updated: Nov-30-13 11:20 am
- Madison chef ordered to stop restaurant pork sales Updated: Nov-29-13 1:41 pm
- Maine restaurant hosts free Thanksgiving dinner Updated: Nov-28-13 5:44 am
- Northern California restaurant owner found dead Updated: Nov-27-13 5:32 pm
- From kitchen star to Salvation Army chef Updated: Nov-27-13 5:03 am
- 'Sleep No More' adds a restaurant and intrigue Updated: Nov-26-13 11:07 am
- Ohio fast-food hostess serenades diners with opera Updated: Nov-24-13 12:30 pm
- Gas station restaurants next big thing in cuisine Updated: Nov-23-13 9:18 am
- Biden welcomes Delaware-born sandwich shop to DC Updated: Nov-21-13 1:22 pm
- Hard Rock plans late spring Alaska opening Updated: Nov-20-13 7:32 pm
- Israeli restaurant: Turn off phone, get discount Updated: Nov-20-13 3:17 pm
- Feds returning $205K to businesses targeted by IRS Updated: Nov-20-13 1:38 pm
- Ski resorts indulge in gut-busting, decadent food Updated: Nov-19-13 12:15 pm
- Go For the Food: Walker's Point in Milwaukee Updated: Nov-19-13 11:37 am
- Missing Calif. restaurant owner was behind on loan Updated: Nov-19-13 9:11 am
- Thanksgiving dinners to be served at 8 state parks Updated: Nov-19-13 3:34 am
- Michael White plots expansion like a Roman emperor Updated: Nov-18-13 12:34 pm
- Final fall banquet set in Folse program Updated: Nov-18-13 4:04 am
- Chef plans expansion of NO restaurant Updated: Nov-17-13 3:37 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Two retail businesses with national followings are looking to hire a few hundred Alaskans.
KOKOMO, Indiana - There won't be any quick reopening at Louie's Coney Island.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The picturesque La Boca district draws hordes of tourists to stroll its narrow streets lined with colorful buildings and eat at outdoor restaurants. Now it has a new, unwanted claim to fame: The Riachuelo river flowing through the neighborhood has been named one of the planet's 10 dirtiest places.
LANSING, Michigan - Legislation introduced last month would roll back a provision of Michigan's smoking ban to allow smokers to light up at outdoor seating for bars and restaurants.
WOODBRIDGE, Virginia - Faculty and staff members are being treated to a more upscale lunch two days a week at Freedom High School's new Bistro Cafe.
WATERBURY, Connecticut - You might figure, spray some water in the air on a cold day and poof, you have snow. But those in charge of snowmaking at the state's ski resorts say there's something much more alchemical about it.
WATERVILLE VALLEY, New Hampshire - The Waterville Valley Resort is working on expanding, with more than 60 acres of new terrain planned for skiers and riders and a new tubing park.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Food safety officials have ordered a company run by a Madison chef to stop selling pork in violation of state law to Wisconsin restaurants.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine restaurants are teaming up with a church to put together a free Thanksgiving meal for those in need.
SACRAMENTO, California - The co-owner of a Sammy Hagar-themed restaurant that is the centerpiece of a revitalization effort in a Sacramento suburb was found dead by recreational divers off the coast in far Northern California, authorities said Wednesday.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Jeff Ansorge once commanded a staff of 17 and made around $80,000 a year as executive chef at a posh downtown Minneapolis restaurant where a 24-ounce dry aged Porterhouse steak goes for $48. But he gave it all up to become the head cook of a Salvation Army soup kitchen, where the meals are free.
NEW YORK - A new restaurant opening this week in New York has more than just good food on the menu.
UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, Ohio - A northeast Ohio fast-food worker who has a classically trained voice is serving up meals with a free side of songs.
OLNEY, Maryland - Dorothy Goldstein had just visited her late husband at the cemetery. Now, she and her son were hungry for a nice lunch. So, on a beautiful autumn afternoon, they headed for a gas station.
WASHINGTON - Joe Biden made a midday lunch run Thursday to pick up sandwiches for himself and the president, but when it came time to pay the tab, the vice president came up short.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Officials with Hard Rock Cafe International have announced a new restaurant will open in late spring in downtown Anchorage.
ABU GHOSH, Israel - A restaurant owner in an Arab village outside of Jerusalem says he is on a mission to save culinary culture by making diners a simple offer: Turn off your cellphone and get a 50 percent discount.
DETROIT - The federal government missed a key deadline and is returning more than $200,000 to three Michigan businesses accused of trying to fool the Internal Revenue Service by making bank deposits of less than $10,000.
Forget that fresh arugula and grilled chicken salad. This season, ski resorts are letting us indulge with a new slate of warm, hearty comfort foods. They might not be the healthiest thing on the mountain, but after a day of racing down the slopes, they are just what skiers are craving.
MILWAUKEE - Drive south from downtown Milwaukee into the Walker's Point neighborhood and the dimly lit streets and empty buildings will make you feel like you should keep going.
ROSEVILLE, California - A missing Northern California restaurateur was in default on a $1.5 million loan from a city nonprofit intended to help kick-start his Sammy Hagar-themed restaurant.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Restaurants at eight Tennessee state parks will be open Nov. 28 to serve Thanksgiving dinner.
NEW YORK - We are deep in the bowels of Michael White's sumptuous Marea restaurant on Central Park South, far from the sleek dining room upstairs with its bar of carved onyx and its rosewood walls rubbed, according to the proud chef and owner, with seven coats of lacquer. We've passed through the bustling main kitchen into a labyrinth-like basement area, which White has dubbed the Catacombs.
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The John Folse Culinary Institute's Le Bistro will hold its final dinner of the fall Wednesday at the Carmel Inn in Thibodaux.
NEW ORLEANS - Chef Donald Link is poised to grow operations at his Cochon Butcher shop in the Warehouse District.