- Vermont dairy producer to supply yogurt to CT, VT schools Updated: Jul-16-15 1:15 pm
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - A southeastern Vermont yogurt manufacturer has been chosen as one of three suppliers of Greek yogurt for a federally-assisted meal program.
- Michigan settles vegan prisoner's lawsuit for $20,000 Updated: Jul-03-15 1:48 pm
DETROIT - The state of Michigan has agreed to pay $20,000 to settle a lawsuit by an 80-year-old convicted killer who said his civil rights were violated when he was denied vegan meals for two years.
- Greek villagers' secret weapon: Grow your own food Updated: Jul-03-15 12:23 pm
KARITAINA, Greece - Ilias Mathes has protection against bank closures, capital controls and the slashing of his pension: 10 goats, some hens and a vegetable patch.
- Cash-strapped UN food agency reduces help to Syrian refugees Updated: Jul-02-15 10:55 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - The United Nations' food agency is cutting back on assistance to thousands of Syrian refugees after an appeal for a ceasefire to enable Syrians feed themselves went unheeded, World Food Program Executive Director Ertharin Cousin said on Friday.
- Food aid to Syrian refugees cut in half amid funding crisis Updated: Jul-01-15 7:45 am
AMMAN, Jordan - The World Food Program says it had to cut in half food aid for Syrian refugees in Lebanon because of a funding crisis and may soon have to halt all food support for most refugees in Jordan.