- Ken Burns' documentary to premiere at Vt. theatre Updated: Mar-08-14 9:25 am
- Tribeca fest features Katie Holmes, Robin Williams Updated: Mar-06-14 2:37 pm
- AU student film highlights coaches as role models Updated: Mar-05-14 9:55 am
- Denver project preserves and performs spirituals Updated: Mar-04-14 12:29 pm
- '20 Feet from Stardom' wins documentary Oscar Updated: Mar-03-14 1:25 am
- List of Oscar winners Updated: Mar-03-14 12:02 am
- SHOW BITS: A tale of 2 red carpets Updated: Mar-02-14 8:40 pm
- Residents recall effort to desegregate the Varsity Updated: Mar-01-14 10:53 am
- UIC employee's film nominated for Academy Award Updated: Mar-01-14 4:11 am
- First Egyptian film at Oscars not shown at home Updated: Feb-27-14 5:34 pm
- Oscars bittersweet for some documentary nominees Updated: Feb-27-14 12:25 pm
- Elaine Stritch returns to really 'tell the truth' Updated: Feb-25-14 8:19 am
- 'Barefoot Bandit' documentary mix of fact and lore Updated: Feb-24-14 12:55 pm
- Oldest-known Holocaust survivor dies at 110 Updated: Feb-23-14 6:04 pm
- Noted Iranian filmmaker makes first US visit Updated: Feb-23-14 3:55 pm
- List of winners of the 45th annual Image Awards Updated: Feb-22-14 11:53 pm
- Man found dead in river was in meth documentary Updated: Feb-22-14 3:43 pm
- Pond hockey: 'As pure as it gets' Updated: Feb-22-14 11:43 am
- Nas documentary to open Tribeca Film Festival Updated: Feb-19-14 3:43 pm
- Q&A: A documentarian working in virtual reality Updated: Feb-19-14 10:00 am
- Review: Elaine Stritch undimmed in documentary Updated: Feb-18-14 8:49 pm
- NC Museum of History shows civil rights movies Updated: Feb-16-14 8:04 am
- Colorado director gets boost for Evel Knievel film Updated: Feb-14-14 4:46 pm
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - Award-winning documentary filmmaker Ken Burns will attend the premiere of his documentary about students at a Vermont school learning to memorize Gettysburg Address.
NEW YORK - The 13th annual Tribeca Film Festival will premiere films starring Katie Holmes and Robin Williams, and feature Courteney Cox's directorial debut.
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn University senior Laney Payne searched the faces of three Beauregard High School students as they watched themselves appear, one by one, on screen.
DENVER - Cars rumble past on a busy street just outside. A radio tuned to a jazz station plays a bit too loudly. But those distractions fade away when 80-year-old Ed Battle shares a song he learned from his grandmother when he was a boy.
LOS ANGELES - Darlene Love made sure not to fade into the background when a film about backup singers won an Oscar Sunday night.
List of winners at Sunday's 86th annual Academy Awards presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
LOS ANGELES - Show Bits brings you the 86th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
ATHENS, Georgia - "WHAT'LL YA HAVE?" goes the decades old slogan for the Varsity drive-thru restaurant chain. A naked dog or a cheeseburger is often the answer. But in the early 1960s, African-American Athenians marched on the restaurant's Broad Street and Milledge Avenue location demanding a seat at the table.
CAIRO - Directors of Egypt's first Oscar-nominated film will be walking the red carpet at the Oscars ceremony next week in Los Angeles, but most Egyptians have yet to see the hard-hitting movie that chronicles the country's unrest over the past three years.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - While the Academy Awards are a celebration for most nominees, they're a reminder for some filmmakers of those they've recently lost.
NEW YORK - Elaine Stritch just loves the documentary about her. Adores it, actually. There's just one thing she'd change.
EVERETT, Washington - The story of "Barefoot Bandit" Colton Harris-Moore is told in a documentary made by Canadian independent filmmakers Adam and Andrew Gray.
LONDON - Alice Herz-Sommer, believed to be the oldest Holocaust survivor, died at age 110 on Sunday, a family member said. The accomplished pianist's death came just a week before her extraordinary story of surviving two years in a Nazi prison camp through devotion to music and her son is up for an Oscar.
PITTSBURGH - Kamran Shirdel's films have been censored, banned and celebrated for documenting hidden parts of Iranian society - the plight of Tehran's prostitutes, the desperation of female prisoners, and the reality behind false heroes.
The winners of the 45th annual NAACP Image Awards Saturday night in Los Angeles:
BILLINGS, Montana - A 24-year-old man whose body was found in the Missouri River behind Black Eagle Dam was featured in the 2006 HBO documentary "Montana Meth."
CORALVILLE, Iowa - It was the kind of day where beards sprouted icicles, wearing wool socks was an exercise in wishful thinking, and your beer rattled frozen inside its can.
NEW YORK - The Tribeca Film Festival will again kick off with music, opening its 13th annual edition with a documentary on Nas and a performance by the rapper.
LOS ANGELES - Forget 3-D glasses.
For a documentary subject as forceful as Elaine Stritch, filmmakers may need to turn to nature - a typhoon might do it - to find anything approximate. Even the camera must warily keep its distance in "Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me." She warns its operator when he gets too close: "I don't know whether this is a skin commercial, or what."
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The N.C. Museum of History is presenting documentaries that tell the stories of people who challenged the legal and social fabric of their times on issues including slavery and segregation.
DENVER - When a state like Colorado offers money to moviemakers, it's often to lure Hollywood. The latest grant from the Colorado film commission is to an Academy Award-winning director from Denver who's making a movie about Evel Knievel, showing incentives can help homegrown talent.