- Memorial service in Oklahoma for soldier killed in IS fight Updated: Nov-24-15 7:36 pm
MULDROW, Oklahoma - The first American soldier to die in combat against the Islamic State group in Iraq was remembered Tuesday during a memorial service as a man who was passionate about his wife, children, church and making others happy.
- Korean War soldier's remains sent home decades after death Updated: Nov-24-15 6:41 pm
MORRISVILLE, North Carolina - A Korean War soldier's remains have been sent back to his home state of North Carolina 65 years after he was killed in action.
- IS claims Baghdad mosque attack that killed 10 Updated: Nov-21-15 9:41 am
BAGHDAD - The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for an attack on a Shiite mosque south of Baghdad following Friday prayers that Iraqi officials say killed 10 people.
- Officials: US Army soldier from South Carolina dies in Iraq Updated: Nov-20-15 10:23 pm
FORT DRUM, New York - The U.S. Army says a soldier from South Carolina has died during a non-combat incident at a military facility in Iraq.
- US military probe concludes civilian deaths in Iraq strike Updated: Nov-20-15 3:49 pm
WASHINGTON - A U.S. air attack on an Islamic State checkpoint in Iraq in March probably killed four civilians, possibly including a child, according to findings released Friday from a U.S. military investigation.
- Kids of fallen soldiers to be honored with Lincoln flight Updated: Nov-04-15 4:41 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Children and wives of fallen soldiers who served in Afghanistan and Iraq are being honored in a flight to Lincoln.
- Remains of NY Marine killed in '43 Pacific battle identified Updated: Nov-03-15 9:08 pm
ALBANY, New York - Growing up in New York City, twins Michael and James Reilly did everything together. After the U.S. entered World War II, they enlisted in the Marines on the same day. When the leathernecks landed at Tarawa, the brothers were in the same assault wave.
- Russian strikes take toll among Syrian civilians Updated: Nov-03-15 6:59 pm
KADIRLI, Turkey - The 4-year-old Syrian girl was ending her first trip to her grandparents' house. Posing for the last family photos before returning to Turkey with her mother, Raghad dressed up in a pretty blue-and-white polka dot dress and put her hair up in ponytails with red barrettes.
- India says 2 soldiers killed by Pakistani firing in Kashmir Updated: Nov-02-15 11:08 am
SRINAGAR, India - The Indian army says two of its soldiers were killed by Pakistani firing along the heavily militarized de facto border dividing Kashmir between the two countries.
- Little outcry as hospitals bombed in Syria, Yemen Updated: Oct-30-15 1:50 am
BEIRUT - The first missile slammed into the field hospital in the rebel-held Syrian town of Sarmeen, killing a physiotherapist inside. Five minutes later, the aircraft returned, firing another missile that hit nearby just as the first responders were arriving. A total of 13 were killed, and the hospital organizers blamed Russian warplanes.
- Report: Faulty cap contributed to Marine helicopter crash Updated: Oct-26-15 5:30 pm
SAN DIEGO - An improperly installed filter cap contributed to a Marine Corps helicopter crash at a California base that killed the Marine pilot and her co-pilot after the transmission seized, but authorities stopped short of say there was any wrongdoing, according to a report by military investigators.
- Funeral for major killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash Updated: Oct-26-15 4:17 pm
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colorado - An Air Force major killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan is being remembered as a patriot and a loving mother.
- The Latest: UN mobilizing to aid quake victims Updated: Oct-26-15 3:35 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The latest on a powerful earthquake in Afghanistan felt across South Asia (all times local).