- Funeral Monday for Marine killed in Afghanistan Updated: Mar-07-14 8:57 am
- Bombings, clashes in Iraq kill at least 42 Updated: Mar-06-14 2:02 pm
- Pakistan resumes Taliban talks as 6 soldiers die Updated: Mar-05-14 8:21 am
- Questions about 30 Americans killed in Afghan war Updated: Feb-27-14 4:59 pm
- US Sen. Warren: Weigh risk of civilian casualties Updated: Feb-27-14 12:11 pm
- Scenes of death in South Sudan: 'No humanity here' Updated: Feb-27-14 10:48 am
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,174 Updated: Feb-25-14 4:35 pm
- Sunni anger in Lebanon against army grows Updated: Feb-25-14 10:00 am
- New trial date set for woman in War mayor's death Updated: Feb-25-14 7:11 am
- Flags lowered for Oregon soldier killed in war Updated: Feb-24-14 9:20 pm
- Hagel declines to reopen Medal of Honor case Updated: Feb-21-14 7:37 pm
- Camp Lejeune-based Marine dies in Afghanistan Updated: Feb-18-14 3:04 pm
- Forum in Mass. held to combat heroin spike Updated: Feb-17-14 10:46 am
- 2 Fort Bragg-based soldiers killed in Afghanistan Updated: Feb-14-14 3:27 pm
- Beaverton soldier killed in Afghanistan Updated: Feb-14-14 2:20 pm
- Fort Bragg-based soldier killed in Afghanistan Updated: Feb-13-14 3:19 pm
- Correction: Algeria-Plane Crash story Updated: Feb-12-14 4:04 pm
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,169 Updated: Feb-11-14 2:01 pm
- Former Winlock man killed in Afghanistan bombing Updated: Feb-11-14 11:41 am
- UN: More children dying in Afghan violence Updated: Feb-08-14 9:52 am
- Hawaii flags to fly half-staff for slain soldier Updated: Feb-07-14 9:04 am
WASECA, Minnesota - A funeral service will be held Monday for the young Marine from Waseca killed while serving in Afghanistan.
BAGHDAD - Bombings targeting shoppers across central Iraq and clashes near the militant-held city of Fallujah killed at least 42 people Thursday, authorities said.
PARACHINAR, Pakistan - The Pakistani government pushed forward with Taliban peace negotiations on Wednesday, despite recent militant attacks that include a roadside bomb in the country's northwest that killed six soldiers.
WASHINGTON - Relatives of some of the 30 U.S. troops killed when their helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan said congressional testimony from U.S. military officials on Thursday answered some, but not all, of their lingering questions about the single deadliest incident of the war.
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is warning that the nation must do more to weigh the risk of civilian casualties before the use of military force.
MALAKAL, South Sudan - House after house has been burned to the ground. Hospital patients have been shot by armed rebels while lying in their beds. Dozens of corpses litter the streets.
As of Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014, at least 2,174 members of the U.S. military had died in Afghanistan as a result of the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan in late 2001, according to an Associated Press count.
TRIPOLI, Lebanon - From radical preachers to irreverent taxi drivers, anger is spreading through Lebanon's Sunni community toward the country's military, adding a dangerous twist to Lebanon's instability, already shaken by relentless bombings.
WELCH, West Virginia - A new trial date has been set for a woman charged with conspiracy in the slaying of War Mayor Thomas Hatcher.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Gov. John Kitzhaber ordered flags at public institutions lowered to half-staff Monday in honor of a 22-year-old soldier from Portland who was killed in Afghanistan.
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says he will not reopen a Medal of Honor nomination for Marine Sgt. Rafael Peralta, killed in the Iraq war in 2004.
CAMP LEJEUNE, North Carolina - Military officials say a Marine master sergeant based at Camp Lejeune has died in Afghanistan.
TAUNTON, Massachusetts - A community forum in Taunton has been scheduled following a recent spike in heroin overdoses.
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Military officials say two soldiers from Fort Bragg have been killed in Afghanistan.
BEAVERTON, Oregon - The Pentagon has confirmed that a Special Forces soldier from Oregon has been killed in Afghanistan.
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Military officials say a soldier from Kentucky has been killed in Afghanistan.
ALGIERS, Algeria - In a Feb. 11 story about the crash that day of an Algerian military transport plane, The Associated Press erroneously identified the type of plane involved in a previous crash of an Algerian military plane in France. The plane that crashed in November 2012 was an EADS CASA C-295, not a Lockheed Martin C-130.
As of Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014, at least 2,169 members of the U.S. military had died in Afghanistan as a result of the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan in late 2001, according to an Associated Press count.
CENTRALIA, Washington - His family says a former Winlock man was one of two civilian contractors killed Monday by a suicide car bomb in Kabul, Afghanistan.
KABUL, Afghanistan - The number of children killed and wounded in Afghanistan's war jumped by 34 percent last year as the Taliban stepped up attacks across the country and continued to lay thousands of roadside bombs, the United Nations said Saturday.
HONOLULU - The governor is ordering that the United States and Hawaii flags be flown at half-staff in remembrance of an Army soldier killed in Afghanistan.