- Ill. man killed doing civilian work in Afghanistan Updated: Dec-05-13 6:10 am
- US vet detained in NKorea oversaw guerrilla group Updated: Dec-03-13 8:36 pm
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,153 Updated: Dec-03-13 3:07 pm
- Sri Lanka starts counting the civil war dead Updated: Nov-28-13 8:50 am
- North Texas soldier dies of Afghan war wounds Updated: Nov-18-13 4:40 pm
- RI soldier who died saving Afghani boy honored Updated: Nov-15-13 3:11 pm
- Marines killed in Calif. were doing dangerous job Updated: Nov-15-13 1:16 am
- Ind. bridge named for Marine killed in Afghanistan Updated: Nov-12-13 8:27 am
- In Belgium at Ypres, ceremonies mark end of WWI Updated: Nov-11-13 3:11 pm
- Fallen Mo. soldier remembered at Ozarks college Updated: Nov-11-13 1:26 pm
- Race to raise money for kids of fallen soldiers Updated: Nov-10-13 1:28 pm
- Funeral Thursday for Kan. soldier Updated: Nov-09-13 1:32 pm
- India fears more militants as US quits Afghanistan Updated: Nov-09-13 6:22 am
- Mozambique rebels sow fear in fresh uprising Updated: Nov-09-13 5:05 am
- Soldier killed in JBLM traffic crash is ID'd Updated: Nov-08-13 8:34 pm
- Lawrence bridge to be named for fallen soldier Updated: Nov-07-13 12:24 pm
- Woman acquitted on murder charge in mayor's death Updated: Nov-06-13 3:39 pm
- Error-filled plaque to Ind. Marine to be replaced Updated: Nov-06-13 12:43 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Services are set for a southwestern Illinois man who was working as a civilian aircraft mechanic in Afghanistan when he was killed by what his brother said was a rocket explosion at a U.S. air base.
SEOUL, South Korea - An 85-year-old U.S. veteran being held in North Korea spent his war years there in one of the Army's first special forces units, helping a clandestine group of Korean partisans who were fighting and spying well behind enemy lines.
As of Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at least 2,153 members of the U.S. military had died in Afghanistan as a result of the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan in late 2001, according to an Associated Press count.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka's government on Thursday started counting the dead, wounded and missing in its quarter-century civil war amid international pressure to conduct a credible investigation into war crimes allegations.
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon has announced the death of a 29-year-old North Texas soldier in a roadside mining attack in Afghanistan.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The 11-year-old son of a Rhode Island National Guardsman who died saving a boy in Afghanistan has accepted a Red Cross heroism award on behalf of his father.
SAN DIEGO - The job is one of the most dangerous in the Marine Corps.
NASHVILLE, Indiana - A Marine killed in Afghanistan more than three years ago is being remembered with a southern Indiana highway bridge named in his honor.
YPRES, Belgium - As a bugler played the "Last Post," a cascade of red paper poppies floated down Monday from Menin Gate in Ypres as visitors from around the globe came to honor the dead of World War I.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A endowment for memorial scholarship at Ozarks Technical Community College has reached $10,000 in honor of a Missouri soldier who died in Afghanistan.
ISLAMORADA, Florida - Eight relay swimmers, including active duty military, retired service members and a military spouse, are trying to swim 50 kilometers in a 24-hour time period as part of a Veteran's Day fundraiser in the Florida Keys.
WAMEGO, Kansas - Funeral services are Thursday for a 35-year-old Kansas soldier killed in Afghanistan.
SRINAGAR, India - India is bracing for more militancy in the battle-scarred region of Kashmir, believing that fighters now focused on resisting U.S.-led troops in Afghanistan will shift toward the Himalayan flashpoint with Pakistan.
INCHOPE, Mozambique - In this bustling Mozambican town, soldiers search buses, military police patrol streets and civilians are jittery after a surge in attacks by rebels that echoes the civil war that ended two decades ago.
TACOMA, Washington - The Army says a Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier killed in a traffic accident on the base near Tacoma served two combat tours in Iraq.
LAWRENCE, Massachusetts - A bridge in Lawrence is being named after a local soldier who was missing in Iraq for more than a year before his body was found.
WELCH, West Virginia - A jury has acquitted a woman on a murder charge in the death of War Mayor Thomas Hatcher.
MICHIGAN CITY, Indiana - The cousin of a northern Indiana Marine honored with a posthumous Medal of Honor for heroism during the Vietnam War says he hopes an error-filled plaque about his cousin is replaced by next year.