- Minn., others push fast broadband to hinterland Updated: Nov-30-13 1:29 pm
- Auditors find lapses in NC's online public school Updated: Nov-25-13 1:03 pm
- Ohio paid for charter schools that quickly closed Updated: Nov-25-13 6:28 am
- UofM wants to drop out-of-state tuition Updated: Nov-14-13 2:02 pm
- Project seeks to better understand airborne toxins Updated: Nov-14-13 9:07 am
- Enrollment in Minnesota's online schools growing Updated: Nov-14-13 8:40 am
- Distance learning expands course offerings in Neb. Updated: Nov-10-13 4:06 pm
BOYD, Minnesota - From a farm country studio 3½ miles down a gravel road, Jean Menden ships handmade silver jewelry as far away as Norway to customers who discovered the pendants, rings and bracelets through her website.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A state audit released Monday found shortcomings in how administrators at the North Carolina Virtual Public School reported enrollment totals and evaluated teachers but found no evidence that educators were overpaid.
DAYTON, Ohio - A newspaper reports that the state of Ohio paid nearly $1.2 million to a string of charter schools that closed weeks after they opened.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The interim president at the University of Memphis is advocating changes that include dropping out-of-state tuition, increasing enrollment and graduation numbers, and adding online course offerings.
HOUGHTON, Michigan - Researchers at Michigan Technological University are working on a three-year project to better understand how airborne toxins spread.
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - Nearly 14,000 children in Minnesota are enrolled in virtual public schools, a number that continues to grow.
BEATRICE, Nebraska - Live from Beatrice High School, it's Chinese class.