- 80-year-old woman found dead outside of home Updated: Jan-26-16 5:07 am
MARTINSVILLE, Virginia - Authorities say an 80-year-old Henry County woman found lying outside of her home died from hypothermia.
- Virginians venture out to deal with snowstorm's aftermath Updated: Jan-25-16 5:11 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginians ventured out Monday to deal with the aftermath of a deadly winter storm that dumped more than 3 feet of snow in some places, although state government offices and many schools remained closed and officials warned that roads and highways still posed safety hazards.
- Vermont Health Department urges caution in cold weather Updated: Jan-24-16 8:27 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Health Department is reminding people to take care when they're outside during the winter cold.
- Residents urged to take precautions against hypothermia Updated: Jan-23-16 5:01 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Winter in Nebraska brings with it opportunities for outdoor recreation like hunting, ice fishing, cross-country skiing and sledding.
- Turtles stranded on NC shore cared for in Myrtle Beach Updated: Jan-21-16 8:10 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Eight sea turtles stunned by cold weather along the North Carolina coast are being treated in Myrtle Beach.
- Fisherman rescued from waters of Lake Mendota Updated: Jan-20-16 12:10 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A fisherman was treated for hypothermia after he broke through the ice and was rescued on Lake Mendota.
- Woman, 95, dies from exposure in Laurel County after fall Updated: Jan-19-16 6:16 am
LONDON, Kentucky - A 95-year-old woman has died of hypothermia after she walked away from an assisted living facility in London.
- Missing Sioux City woman found alive in snow near Moville Updated: Jan-14-16 1:41 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A 24-year-old Sioux City woman who was missing for two days has been found alive, lying in the snow in rural Woodbury County.
- At least 3 dead in Chicago area from cold exposure Updated: Jan-13-16 9:10 am
WOODSTOCK, Illinois - Three people have likely died from cold exposure in the Chicago area as temperatures dipped into the single digits this week.
- Autopsy determines hypothermia cause of 90-year-old's death Updated: Jan-12-16 6:31 pm
CHICAGO - The Cook County Medical Examiner's office reports an autopsy has determined hypothermia is the cause of death of a 90-year-old Chicago woman found dead just outside her house in the city's Chatham neighborhood early Monday.