- Santa Fe County worker accused of stealing government items Updated: Jul-31-15 10:07 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A Santa Fe County public works employee is in custody after allegedly stealing government items to sell online.
- UConn: Engineering School computer breach was 'criminal' Updated: Jul-31-15 4:31 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - University of Connecticut officials say a data breach discovered in March at the School of Engineering was criminal in nature.
- Man accused of hacking family to death found unfit for trial Updated: Jul-30-15 11:29 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - A 33-year-old New Hampshire man accused of hacking his mother and brother to death has been found unfit to stand trial.
- Portland police arrest man in online prostitution sting Updated: Jul-27-15 10:28 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Numerous charges have been filed against a man Portland police say tried to have sex with a minor.
- Texas police chief resigns after arrested in child sex case Updated: Jul-26-15 11:23 am
WAXAHACHIE, Texas - A jailed North Texas police chief has resigned after being accused of going online and trying to lure a 14-year-old girl into a sexual relationship.
- S. Korea man arrested over alleged death threat on US envoy Updated: Jul-24-15 5:47 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean police said Friday that they had arrested a 33-year-old jobless man for allegedly making an online threat to kill the U.S. ambassador in Seoul.
- 3 Estonian men get over 3 years in prison for cyberfraud Updated: Jul-23-15 6:25 pm
NEW YORK - Three Estonian men were sentenced to over three years in prison Thursday for their roles in an Internet scheme that infected more than 4 million computers in over 100 countries.
- Former surgery center employee convicted of computer fraud Updated: Jul-21-15 3:44 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A 54-year-old former employee of a Wichita surgery center has been found guilty of computer fraud for a mass transfer of emails that included information of 317 patients.
- Husband convicted in Craigslist slaying seeks new trial Updated: Jul-21-15 3:07 am
SUNBURY, Pennsylvania - A newlywed husband convicted along with his wife in the stabbing death of a stranger who prosecutors said was lured through a Craigslist ad is seeking a new trial.
- Jeremy Johnson wants to be own lawyer in criminal case Updated: Jul-17-15 1:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah businessman Jeremy Johnson says a judge should let him serve as his own lawyer in his federal fraud case because he claims the federal government is listening to private conversations with his lawyers.
- Louisiana man accused in illegal computer hacking forum Updated: Jul-17-15 11:40 am
NEW ORLEANS - A Louisiana man was arrested in the government's crackdown an online "criminal bazaar" where computer hackers bought and sold stolen databases, malicious software and other products that could cripple or steal information from computers and cellphones.
- US seeks extradition of British man charged with hacking Updated: Jul-16-15 6:55 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A British man accused of hacking into U.S. government computer networks and stealing sensitive and confidential information was arrested in England, and U.S. prosecutors said they will attempt to have him transferred to New Jersey.
- Jail sentence for man who defrauded computer companies Updated: Jul-16-15 3:50 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Pennsylvania businessman who used phony documents and straw buyers to fraudulently secure millions of dollars in discounted computer equipment from two companies has been sentenced to six months in prison.
- Russian man gets 2 years for online wire fraud scheme Updated: Jul-16-15 5:52 am
BOSTON - A Tewksbury resident who used stolen credit and debit card information to buy hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of iPads, computers, scuba equipment, gift cards and other items has been sentenced to two years in prison.
- Former NMSU student gets probation in online threat case Updated: Jul-15-15 6:14 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former New Mexico State University student has been sentenced to five years of probation for hindering an investigation into an online threat to shoot up the school last year.
- Feds say they have shut down Darkode malware marketplace Updated: Jul-15-15 2:10 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Justice Department shut down an online "criminal bazaar" where computer hackers bought and sold stolen databases, malicious software and other products that could cripple or steal information from computers and cellphones, authorities said Wednesday.
- Warwick man convicted of killing woman he met online Updated: Jul-13-15 4:59 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Warwick man has been found guilty of killing a woman he met through an advertisement for escort services.
- Jurors: Court gunman's 3 relatives guilty of cyberstalking Updated: Jul-10-15 4:08 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The death of a woman shot by her former father-in-law at a Delaware courthouse in 2013 was the result of cyberstalking by the gunman's widow and two children, a federal jury said Friday in convicting the three defendants on all counts in a nationally unprecedented verdict.
- 7 sentenced in online sex, trafficking ring in Amarillo area Updated: Jul-10-15 8:55 am
AMARILLO, Texas - Seven people have been sentenced to prison or probation over an online sex solicitation and trafficking ring in the Texas Panhandle.
- Jury continues deliberations in federal cyberstalking case Updated: Jul-09-15 6:23 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Jurors in the federal conspiracy and cyberstalking case against the widow and children of a man who killed his ex-daughter-in-law at a Delaware courthouse in 2013 ended a second day of deliberations Thursday after asking for several pieces of evidence and clarification of their instructions from the judge.
- Woman is accused of cutting neck of man she met online Updated: Jul-08-15 1:53 pm
LOVELAND, Colorado - A 20-year-old Evans woman is being held on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder for allegedly cutting the neck of a man she met online.
- Iowa man sentenced for using library Internet for child porn Updated: Jul-07-15 7:49 am
PLEASANT HILL, Iowa - An Iowa man accused of collecting and distributing child pornography using a public library's internet connection has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison.
- Man charged with threatening Obama's life in online post Updated: Jul-06-15 4:32 pm
BOSTON - A man has been charged with posting on an FBI website that he planned to kill President Barack Obama.
- Ex-judge accused of making fake sex ads for ex-girlfriends Updated: Jul-03-15 10:19 am
GALVESTON, Texas - A former Galveston County judge has been arrested and charged with two counts of online harassment after police say he created fake online ads saying two ex-girlfriends were available for sex-for-hire.
- NJ fire captain arrested in online child-sex sting Updated: Jul-03-15 5:58 am
STRATFORD, New Jersey - Prosecutors say a New Jersey volunteer fire captain went online to arrange sex with a woman and her underage daughter.