- Target breach puts corporate tech execs under fire Updated: Mar-06-14 7:14 pm
- Charges may be dismissed against Dallas activist Updated: Mar-05-14 2:14 pm
- Monroe man accused of multiple cybercrimes Updated: Mar-05-14 8:31 am
- Jury convicts defendant in Craigslist rape case Updated: Feb-28-14 7:35 pm
- UK hacking suspect: I'll fight US extradition Updated: Feb-28-14 7:22 am
- British man charged with hacking Federal Reserve Updated: Feb-27-14 4:20 pm
- Police investigate teen nude photo postings Updated: Feb-26-14 10:44 am
- 5 arrested following Detroit chief death threat Updated: Feb-25-14 5:31 pm
- Motion: Guam jurors posted trial details online Updated: Feb-25-14 2:11 pm
- Colorado cyberbullying bill advances Updated: Feb-24-14 7:35 pm
- Philippine court says online snooping illegal Updated: Feb-18-14 9:49 pm
- Fayetteville ex-AD pleads innocent to stalking Updated: Feb-18-14 11:35 am
- Child pornography operation raided in Philippine school Updated: Feb-18-14 5:09 am
- Computer whizzes brainstorm for cash at hackathons Updated: Feb-17-14 12:28 pm
- Ex-Toyota contractor found guilty of hacking Updated: Feb-15-14 3:46 pm
- Yale Law School to host hacking conference Updated: Feb-15-14 10:28 am
- Pa. school finds cyber-bullying page creator Updated: Feb-14-14 3:12 pm
- Art gallery owner arrested on cyberstalking charge Updated: Feb-13-14 2:17 pm
- Ohio man charged with trying to buy girl for $400 Updated: Feb-13-14 12:51 pm
- 5 arrested in Europe in black market sting Updated: Feb-13-14 10:28 am
- Conn. state police raid suspected gambling parlor Updated: Feb-11-14 4:20 pm
- Guilty Pittsburgh worker blames ex-chief for scam Updated: Feb-11-14 3:52 pm
- Mayor's son get probation in computer hacking case Updated: Feb-09-14 3:53 pm
- Rapid City online sex sting case nets 6 arrests Updated: Feb-08-14 11:38 am
NEW YORK - Hackers are putting top technology executives under severe pressure. And this week's sudden departure of Target's chief information officer in the wake of the company's massive pre-Christmas data breach has only ratcheted up the stress.
DALLAS - Federal prosecutors moved on Wednesday to dismiss most of an indictment accusing a Dallas man linked to the hacking collective Anonymous of posting an Internet link to stolen information.
MONROE, Louisiana - A Monroe man, arrested Friday after he reportedly sent hundreds of obscene text messages, may have been involved in similar cybercrimes in another state.
WOODSTOCK, Illinois - A jury on Friday found a suburban Chicago man guilty of raping a woman he met through Craigslist and solicited for sex.
LONDON - A British man accused of hacking into a series of American government computer networks has pledged to fight any move to extradite him to the United States.
NEW YORK - A British man accused of hacking into U.S. government computer networks was charged in a new indictment unsealed Thursday with infiltrating the Federal Reserve's computers.
MENASHA, Wisconsin - Menasha police say about a dozen students are under investigation after some nude and semi-nude photos of classmates wound up on the Internet.
DETROIT - Detroit police say five people have been arrested and could be involved in an online death threat aimed at Police Chief James Craig.
HAGATNA, Guam - Two men and a woman convicted of running a Guam meth ring are asking for a new trial because of allegations jurors ignored instructions not to discuss the case.
DENVER - Bullying through text messages or social media platforms would be a new crime in Colorado under a bill that advanced unanimously out of a House committee Monday.
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines Supreme Court said online surveillance by authorities is illegal without a court order and that online libel is a criminal offense, in a ruling Tuesday that allows a cybercrime law to be enforced.
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - The former athletic director at the Fayetteville School District has pleaded not guilty to felony Internet stalking.
MANILA, Philippines - Government agents raided an Internet child pornography operation based in a Philippine school and arrested its president and eight other people, investigators said Tuesday.
SAN JOSE, California - It used to be that "hacking" was just a type of crime, a computer break-in. But today, the term is also part of a growing - and perfectly legal - mainstay of the tech sector.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A computer programmer from central Kentucky who once did contract work for Toyota remains in federal custody after being convicted of hacking into and damaging computers used by the automobile maker.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Yale Law School is hosting a conference on law enforcement and computer hacking.
CHAMBERSBURG, Pennsylvania - Officials at a south-central Pennsylvania high school say they've found the student behind a Twitter page where students anonymously posted cruel things about each other.
LOS ANGELES - A Southern California art gallery owner faces cyberstalking charges for allegedly harassing, threatening and trying to extort money from artists and art dealers and their family members.
CLEVELAND - An Ohio man has been indicted on federal charges of trying to pay an undercover officer $400 to buy a 10-year-old girl to keep at home for sex, the government said Thursday.
BERLIN - Five men have been arrested in Germany and the Netherlands in a sting operation against a website allegedly used to sell illegal drugs and weapons, authorities said Thursday.
ENFIELD, Connecticut - Connecticut state police say they have raided an internet cafe in Enfield that is suspected of offering illegal gambling.
PITTSBURGH - A former city employee was sentenced Tuesday to probation for accepting $6,000 in bribes and blamed the former police chief for orchestrating a scheme that helped the chief's friend land a $327,000 contract to install radios and computers in city police cars.
NEWARK, New Jersey - The son of a Hudson County mayor will not have to serve a prison term for his role in the hacking of a website set up by his father's political foes.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City police arrested five men and one woman in the course of an online sex sting operation.