- Spurs' Popovich wins NBA Coach of the Year Updated: Apr-22-14 4:33 pm
- Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson after lost season Updated: Apr-21-14 5:28 pm
- Timberwolves' Rick Adelman retiring after 23 years Updated: Apr-21-14 5:08 pm
- Column: no April, May or June Madness in NBA Updated: Apr-19-14 3:42 am
- D'Antoni to meet with Lakers soon about future Updated: Apr-18-14 8:56 pm
- Motivated LeBron preps for the playoff grind Updated: Apr-18-14 6:38 pm
- LA Lakers wrap lousy season with uncertain future Updated: Apr-17-14 8:47 pm
- NBA decisions loom for several Kentucky players Updated: Apr-08-14 1:53 am
- Lakers drop 51 in 3rd quarter, blast Knicks 127-96 Updated: Mar-26-14 2:35 am
The San Antonio Spurs, the model for stability and sustained success in the modern NBA, were still a shaken team when they showed up for training camp in October, less than four months after a devastating loss to Miami in the NBA Finals.
NEW YORK - Mike Woodson had the Knicks on top of their division and in the second round of the playoffs, destinations that had become unreachable and practically unimaginable in New York.
MINNEAPOLIS - As his 23rd season as an NBA coach entered the home stretch, Rick Adelman looked tired.
ATLANTA - If the playoff-bound Atlanta Hawks were in any other sport, they might have a glimmer of hope for winning a championship.
EL SEGUNDO, California - Mike D'Antoni was still the Los Angeles Lakers' coach when he left their training complex to spend the Easter weekend out of town with his family.
LOS ANGELES - Although one of the worst seasons in Los Angeles Lakers history mercifully ended Wednesday night in San Antonio, the drama around the 16-time NBA champions is never finished.
ARLINGTON, Texas - One by one, players in the Kentucky locker room said essentially the same thing: They had not given the NBA a second thought, much less a first, during their stirring Final Four run.
LOS ANGELES - With Knicks President Phil Jackson watching from a luxury suite high above the court, his new team's teetering playoff hopes got a big shove from his old team's incredible offensive show.