- Expansion soccer team plans $250 million Los Angeles stadium Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Major League Soccer's expansion Los Angeles Football Club plans to build a $250 million stadium on the site of the old Sports Arena next to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- No longer just a dunker, Griffin emerges as playoff star Updated: May-16-15 11:02 am
LOS ANGELES - Every NBA fan knows Blake Griffin, resident dunk-monster of Lob City. His one-handed jams have been fodder for highlight reels since his pro career began five years ago.
- Warriors advance to Western final, beating Memphis 108-95 Updated: May-16-15 2:39 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Stephen Curry practices tough shots every day. The MVP came up with a third-quarter buzzer-beater his coach calls the play of the game.
- Cavaliers push through injuries on path to Eastern finals Updated: May-15-15 10:14 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James sat in his usual middle seat at the postgame podium talking about another playoff win, one moving him closer to another NBA championship.
- Clippers down to last chance to close Rockets out at home Updated: May-13-15 6:51 pm
- No giddiness from Doc Rivers and son Austin after big game Updated: May-09-15 11:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - Doc Rivers spares no one on the Clippers, including son Austin. So when the young guard had the biggest game of his young career, it might have been heartwarming to everyone else, but it was just business to the only coach-father and son duo in NBA history.
- NBA: Most exclusive club when it comes to winning titles Updated: May-08-15 7:36 pm
The NBA could crown a first-time champion this year.
- With longtime powers sidelined, NBA playoffs have fresh look Updated: May-07-15 7:06 pm
Spurs and Celtics? Already eliminated.
- NBA TV documentary looks at Rockets' back-to-back champs Updated: May-07-15 3:00 pm
NEW YORK - The Houston Rockets teams that won consecutive NBA titles in the mid-1990s during Michael Jordan's retirement will be the focus of an upcoming NBA TV documentary.
- Conley's comeback stirs memories of gritty performances Updated: May-07-15 2:47 am
The Masked Assassin. One-Eyed Charlie. The Terminator.
- Pass first? Point guards look to show you can score, win Updated: May-06-15 1:14 pm
- Howard happy in Houston and focused on getting a ring Updated: May-05-15 7:11 pm
HOUSTON - Dwight Howard knows he's a polarizing figure. He's finally learned to be OK with that.
- Paul lifts Clippers past Spurs, 111-109 in Game 7 Updated: May-03-15 12:27 am
LOS ANGELES - It figured that the most entertaining first-round series in the NBA playoffs would come down to a play involving Chris Paul and Tim Duncan.
- Oklahoma City Thunder hire Florida's Billy Donovan as coach Updated: Apr-30-15 10:49 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Thunder hired Florida's Billy Donovan as their coach Thursday, hoping he will help the franchise win an NBA championship in Oklahoma City.
- After Wizards get sweep, Pierce takes jabs at Raptors, Drake Updated: Apr-27-15 2:38 am
- Ellis, Barea keep Mavs alive with 121-109 win over Rockets Updated: Apr-27-15 1:29 am
DALLAS - J.J. Barea last started a playoff game when he helped boost Dallas' run to a championship four years ago. Al-Farouq Aminu had never been on the floor for the opening tip in a postseason game.
- Santa Cruz sweeps Fort Wayne, wins first NBA D-League title Updated: Apr-26-15 11:23 pm
SANTA CRUZ, California - The Santa Cruz Warriors won their first NBA Development League championship Sunday, beating the Fort Wayne Mad Ants 109-96 to complete a two-game sweep.
- Wall, Beal lead Wiz past Raptors 125-94 in Game 4 for sweep Updated: Apr-26-15 10:59 pm
WASHINGTON - John Wall twirled a red towel overhead, Paul Pierce motioned to the fans to make more noise, and the sellout crowd of 20,356 chanted "Sweep! Sweep! Sweep!"
- Spurs' Leonard selected NBA Defensive Player of the Year Updated: Apr-23-15 6:03 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Kawhi Leonard is keeping some Hall of Fame company.