- Howard happy in Houston and focused on getting a ring Updated: May-05-15 7:11 pm
HOUSTON - Dwight Howard knows he's a polarizing figure. He's finally learned to be OK with that.
- Paul lifts Clippers past Spurs, 111-109 in Game 7 Updated: May-03-15 12:27 am
LOS ANGELES - It figured that the most entertaining first-round series in the NBA playoffs would come down to a play involving Chris Paul and Tim Duncan.
- Oklahoma City Thunder hire Florida's Billy Donovan as coach Updated: Apr-30-15 10:49 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Thunder hired Florida's Billy Donovan as their coach Thursday, hoping he will help the franchise win an NBA championship in Oklahoma City.
- After Wizards get sweep, Pierce takes jabs at Raptors, Drake Updated: Apr-27-15 2:38 am
- Ellis, Barea keep Mavs alive with 121-109 win over Rockets Updated: Apr-27-15 1:29 am
DALLAS - J.J. Barea last started a playoff game when he helped boost Dallas' run to a championship four years ago. Al-Farouq Aminu had never been on the floor for the opening tip in a postseason game.
- Santa Cruz sweeps Fort Wayne, wins first NBA D-League title Updated: Apr-26-15 11:23 pm
SANTA CRUZ, California - The Santa Cruz Warriors won their first NBA Development League championship Sunday, beating the Fort Wayne Mad Ants 109-96 to complete a two-game sweep.
- Wall, Beal lead Wiz past Raptors 125-94 in Game 4 for sweep Updated: Apr-26-15 10:59 pm
WASHINGTON - John Wall twirled a red towel overhead, Paul Pierce motioned to the fans to make more noise, and the sellout crowd of 20,356 chanted "Sweep! Sweep! Sweep!"
- Marc Gasol chasing title big brother couldn't win in Memphis Updated: Apr-23-15 6:35 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Marc Gasol is a creature of habit, a player who embraces his daily routine and assesses what must be done next at the day's end.
- Spurs' Leonard selected NBA Defensive Player of the Year Updated: Apr-23-15 6:03 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Kawhi Leonard is keeping some Hall of Fame company.
- Fort Wayne, Santa Cruz set for D-League Finals rematch Updated: Apr-23-15 12:32 am
The Fort Wayne Mad Ants go for their second straight championship, while the Santa Cruz Warriors will try again for their first when the NBA Development League Finals begin Thursday night.
- Oklahoma City Thunder fire coach Scott Brooks after 7 years Updated: Apr-22-15 10:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Scott Brooks did everything but win a championship.
- Column: Hawks, Warriors have plenty of playoff doubters Updated: Apr-17-15 6:39 pm
ATLANTA - They won 60 games, which is the accepted NBA standard of greatness. They blew away everyone else in the Eastern Conference - including you, LeBron James.
- Video game simulation sees Warriors over Cavs for NBA title Updated: Apr-17-15 6:06 pm
- Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has bypass surgery Updated: Apr-17-15 4:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - Basketball Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was recovering Friday after undergoing quadruple coronary bypass surgery.
- Warriors settling into new role as a championship favorite Updated: Apr-17-15 2:44 am
OAKLAND, California - A larger banner hangs on the far end of the Golden State Warriors' practice gym reminding every player, coach and executive of the franchise's past glory.
- After worst season ever, Lakers see hopeful signs in future Updated: Apr-16-15 8:45 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - The worst season in the Los Angeles Lakers' history has finally ended, and the longest summer has just begun.
- Kings beat Lakers 122-99, sending LA to worst season ever Updated: Apr-16-15 2:08 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Lakers wrapped up the worst season in franchise history with an eight-man roster of castoffs and journeymen trudging to their eighth loss in nine games, never threatening to contend under all those gold championship banners hanging high above the Staples Center court.
- Heat top the 76ers 105-101 and strengthen draft lottery pick Updated: Apr-15-15 11:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Miami ended the season with two wins in one game.
- Bonner, Spurs teammates release music video before playoffs Updated: Apr-15-15 12:59 pm
The San Antonio Spurs appear to be fairly relaxed as they prepare to defend their NBA championship, releasing a lighthearted 1980s-style music video.
- After 4 straight NBA Finals runs, Heat out of playoff race Updated: Apr-14-15 11:33 pm
MIAMI - Miami's playoff hopes are gone. And in an ironic twist, it was Indiana that delivered the knockout punch.
- Thunder need help from Spurs to reach playoffs Updated: Apr-14-15 5:24 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Russell Westbrook can do just about anything when it comes to basketball.
- Around the NBA: Picks for NBA awards - and league champion Updated: Apr-13-15 1:32 am
The final days of the NBA regular season have arrived with a few things still to be decided, such as a scoring champion and exactly who gets what seed in the respective brackets.
- Alabama's Johnson talks Final Four, football and Duke Updated: Apr-08-15 4:33 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Avery Johnson envisions leading Alabama basketball deeper into the NCAA Tournament than it's ever been and ambitiously chooses five-time national champion Duke as his model program.
- Leonard scores 26 as Spurs beat Thunder for 8th straight win Updated: Apr-08-15 12:02 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Kawhi Leonard is seizing more responsibility from San Antonio's veteran core, and the Spurs are taking off.
- Thunder fading in race for final playoff spot in West Updated: Apr-06-15 5:59 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Thunder usually spend the first half of April fighting to improve their playoff seeding.