- Report: Anniston trails Alabama in job recovery Updated: Mar-06-14 10:17 am
- NJ closes on first 8 home buyouts in South River Updated: Mar-05-14 3:05 pm
- Ex-tribal officials in Nebraska charged with theft Updated: Mar-05-14 12:41 pm
- WVa House panel limits cold medicine buys for meth Updated: Mar-05-14 12:34 am
- Tech for home school bill sticks in committee Updated: Mar-03-14 4:46 pm
- Ford's US sales down 6 pct in February Updated: Mar-03-14 10:07 am
- Young man said to be subject of famous photo dies Updated: Mar-02-14 9:57 am
- Contracts to buy US homes barely budged in January Updated: Mar-02-14 1:13 am
- Sotheby's takes back huge diamond after default Updated: Feb-28-14 4:51 pm
- Columbia discussing new home loan program Updated: Feb-27-14 4:05 am
- Descendant of 1st owner buys historic Madison home Updated: Feb-26-14 10:14 am
- Mass. homes sales and prices up in January Updated: Feb-25-14 11:17 am
- Morgan County gets $285,000 grant to buy homes Updated: Feb-25-14 4:02 am
- Billionaire bought $40M in housing on Lanai Updated: Feb-24-14 12:04 am
- W.Va. woman hopes to open human trafficking refuge Updated: Feb-22-14 9:28 am
- North Dakota home prices soar with oil boom Updated: Feb-20-14 3:58 pm
- House speaker Boehner buys Florida condo Updated: Feb-20-14 11:22 am
- US homebuilder confidence sinks in February Updated: Feb-18-14 11:46 am
- Utah bill would help homes buy renewable energy Updated: Feb-17-14 4:23 pm
- A western wrinkle on eminent domain Updated: Feb-17-14 1:13 am
- House on the lake perfect for Baton Rouge couple Updated: Feb-16-14 12:05 pm
- Ohio man charged with trying to buy girl for $400 Updated: Feb-13-14 12:51 pm
- US economy may be stuck in slow lane for long run Updated: Feb-09-14 12:09 pm
- Ketchikan home has custom staircase to loft Updated: Feb-08-14 5:07 am
- Coca-Cola pods will let people make drinks at home Updated: Feb-05-14 7:21 pm
ANNISTON, Alabama - Compared to all other metro areas in Alabama, Calhoun County has recovered fewer jobs since the Great Recession hit, but recent signs suggest increased local economic gains are ahead.
SOUTH RIVER, New Jersey - New Jersey officials have completed buyouts of eight homes damaged by Superstorm Sandy in South River as its program to buy and demolish storm-prone properties continues.
MACY, Nebraska - Two former Omaha Tribe of Nebraska officials are charged in federal court with theft of tribal funds.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Consumers would be limited to buying 24 grams of cold medicine each year, half what's currently allowed, under legislation approved by lawmakers late Tuesday that is aimed at curbing methamphetamine production in West Virginia.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Senate Education Committee on Monday questioned the constitutionality of a bill that would fund the purchase of student equipment and technology services for correspondence schools and home schooling.
DETROIT - Ford's U.S. sales dropped 6 percent in February as winter weather kept many buyers at home.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The photograph of the young man was famous - a civil rights marcher in a sweater being attacked on May 3, 1963 by a German shepherd police dog in downtown Birmingham. It was so famous that people sometimes falsely claimed to be the person in the picture, trying to get attention. A statue in Kelly Ingram Park is based on the picture.
WASHINGTON - The number of Americans who signed contracts to buy homes was essentially flat in January, a possible sign of a softening real estate market.
NEW YORK - Sotheby's says an enormous diamond known as "The Pink Star" is back in its possession after the buyer couldn't pay for the jewel and defaulted.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Officials with the City of Columbia are kicking off a new home loan program at a news conference.
MADISON, Indiana - A two-story Greek revival home in downtown Madison is back in the hands of the family who commissioned the build 180 years ago.
BOSTON - Driven by high demand and a shortage of houses on the market, more single-family homes were sold in Massachusetts last month than in any January since 2007, two organizations that track the real estate market reported Tuesday.
INDIANAPOLIS - A central Indiana county is receiving a $285,000 federal grant to purchase five homes located in a flood plain and prone to flooding.
HONOLULU - Property records indicate Larry Ellison has been buying almost two dozen homes on Lanai for $40 million.
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - One of Mohandas K. "Mahatma" Gandhi's famous quotes, "Be the change you want to see in the world," is a favorite saying of Penny Kay Hoeflinger.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's oil boom isn't just driving up housing prices at the epicenter. Getting a roof overhead is getting more expensive throughout the state, with the average value of a home sold last year topping $200,000 - up more than 20 percent from 2011, a real estate trade group says.
MARCO ISLAND, Florida - House Speaker John Boehner and his wife have bought a luxury condominium on Marco Island in southwest Florida.
U.S. homebuilders' confidence in the housing market declined sharply this month as the severe weather battering much of the nation keeps many would-be buyers at home.
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah lawmaker is introducing a measure to provide alternative energy for the state's homeowners and small businesses.
BRECKENRIDGE, Colorado - The view from the deck of the small, century-old cabin was a dream come true for Andy and Ceil Barrie -- a sweeping panorama of 13,000 and 14,000-foot peaks towering above the forest of centuries-old bristlecone pines.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Several years after Sue and Burton Weaver moved into their Georgian colonial home overlooking University Lake, Sue peeked out one of the many windows to notice a group of people heading out to their gazebo. The sight was -- and still is -- a common one in the nearly 25 years the Weavers have lived there, watching people take posed photos, paint or fish from the little building tucked into one of the bodies of water around their home.
CLEVELAND - An Ohio man has been indicted on federal charges of trying to pay an undercover officer $400 to buy a 10-year-old girl to keep at home for sex, the government said Thursday.
WASHINGTON - In the 4½ years since the Great Recession ended, millions of Americans who have gone without jobs or raises have found themselves wondering something about the economic recovery:
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - It would seem Ketchikan is the home of many staircases, from plain stairs covered in asphalt roofing shingles to handcrafted pieces of art.
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola is looking to tap into a new market, with plans to let people make its sodas and other drinks at home.