- How new mortgage disclosure rules may affect buyers Updated: Oct-07-15 4:25 pm
Closing on a home can be exciting but also stressful for buyers, particularly those who are relying on financing. New rules aim to make sure buyers at least have a better understanding of the financial obligations they are signing up for when they take on a home loan.
- CATS starts e-commerce so customers can buy tickets online Updated: Oct-02-15 7:06 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Capital Area Transit System is now allowing people to buy bus passes online in an effort to improve customer service and increase ridership.
- US home prices rise steadily in July, lifted by higher sales Updated: Sep-29-15 9:43 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose at a solid pace in July, as would-be buyers competed for a diminished supply of available housing.
- US pending home sales fall in August Updated: Sep-28-15 11:55 am
WASHINGTON - Fewer Americans signed contracts to buy homes in August, as pending sales slumped amid broader concerns about the U.S. stock market and global economy.
- A crumbling Philadelphia block drowning in debt Updated: Sep-27-15 12:21 am
PHILADELPHIA - If every block is a story, then the 3300 block of Argyle Street is a novel.
- Cities bear rising cost of keeping water safe to drink Updated: Sep-26-15 10:30 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Standing at the edge of the Great Lakes, the world's largest surface source of fresh water, this city of 280,000 seems immune from the water-supply problems that bedevil other parts of the country. But even here, the promise of an endless tap can be a mirage.
- Former teen idol David Cassidy's home sells for $2 million Updated: Sep-25-15 3:49 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The South Florida home owned by former teen idol David Cassidy has sold for just over $2 million.
- Detroit grocer offers free ride home Updated: Sep-25-15 4:11 am
DETROIT - If you still believe Detroit is a food desert, Joe Gappy, owner of Prince Valley Market, will give you a free ride home after shopping at his store just to prove you wrong.
- US new-home sales surge 5.7 percent in August to 7-year high Updated: Sep-24-15 11:53 am
WASHINGTON - Buoyed by steady job gains and low mortgage rates, Americans purchased new homes in August at the fastest pace in more than seven years.
- Officials try again to auction historic Ohio home Updated: Sep-22-15 4:02 am
LANCASTER, Ohio - Officials in a central Ohio county are trying again to find somebody who wants to buy a huge historic house that dates back nearly 200 years.
- US home sales slide in August after 3 months of solid gains Updated: Sep-21-15 10:07 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home sales slid in August by the most since January as tight supplies and rising prices discouraged potential buyers.
- Deal made to save 3 Portland trees; South Park creator helps Updated: Sep-18-15 2:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A deal has been reached in Portland to save three sequoias a developer planned to cut down to make room for new homes.
- Yuan devaluation could weigh on Chinese buyers of US homes Updated: Sep-18-15 1:21 pm
Shanshan Wu already owns three houses back home in China. But the 36-year-old has spent the last two months in Chicago shopping for a three-bedroom. She's got cash to spend - up to $400,000.
- California home prices, sales cool in August Updated: Sep-17-15 4:27 pm
SAN DIEGO - California's summer housing rally cooled in August, a research firm said Thursday, as tight supplies kept a lid on sales and more buyers found prices out of reach.
- Mississippi real estate firm accused of discrimination Updated: Sep-16-15 10:03 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A complaint filed with the Department of Housing and Urban Development alleges a Brandon real estate company discriminated against black customers and encouraged white homebuyers to purchase houses in predominantly white areas.
- Rhode Island to offer grants to college grads buying homes Updated: Sep-13-15 9:49 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island has launched a new program designed to encourage young professionals to make their homes in the Ocean State.
- Attendance rises at Welk's boyhood home after state purchase Updated: Sep-11-15 5:18 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Attendance rose at the boyhood home of polka-playing bandleader Lawrence Welk after the state took over the site this summer, historical society officials said Friday.
- Attendance up at Welk's boyhood home after ND purchase Updated: Sep-11-15 3:03 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Officials say attendance rose slightly at the boyhood home of famous band leader Lawrence Welk after the state took over the site this summer
- Astoria council takes stand against vacation rentals Updated: Sep-09-15 3:23 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Drawing an unusually sharp line, the Astoria City Council rejected a zoning change that would have allowed a new vacation rental at 16th Street and Franklin Avenue.