- Lumber company owner purchases historic Flavel home Updated: May-22-15 12:59 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - The owner of City Lumber Company has purchased the historic Flavel home that has been left vacant for 25 years.
- California home prices, sales rise in April Updated: May-21-15 5:33 pm
SAN DIEGO - California home prices climbed to a new 7 1/2-year high in April as low interest rates and job growth lured buyers, a research firm said Thursday. Sales were brisk.
- US home sales slide in April amid listing shortage Updated: May-21-15 1:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Sales of existing U.S. homes slipped in April due mainly to relatively few listings and rising prices, providing evidence of the housing sector's uneven recovery.
- Surge in home construction is lifting hopes for US economy Updated: May-19-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. housing market has given a sudden jolt to what appeared to be a slumping economy.
- US homebuilders' confidence in sales prospects ebbs Updated: May-18-15 10:40 am
U.S. homebuilders are feeling slightly less confident about their sales prospects, a reflection of the sluggish start to this spring's home-selling season.
- AP Interview: Pelosi predicts GOP ruin on health care case Updated: May-13-15 7:26 pm
WASHINGTON - House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi predicted Wednesday that Republicans will "rue the day" if the Supreme Court buys their arguments and invalidates tax subsidies for millions of people under President Barack Obama's health care law.
- RX for Baltimore economy: More residents with money to spend Updated: May-13-15 12:35 pm
BALTIMORE - The fragility of Baltimore's economy was exposed by Freddie Gray's death from a spinal injury suffered while in police custody.
- US household debt levels held back by cautious consumers Updated: May-12-15 2:30 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. household debt levels were mostly unchanged in the first three months of this year, held back by tight mortgage credit standards and consumer reluctance to borrow heavily.
- First-time buyers face hurdles to homeownership this spring Updated: May-12-15 11:31 am
Young people aspiring to buy their first home are already facing disappointment this year.
- House OKs bill to exempt gym purchases from taxes Updated: May-11-15 11:19 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri bill aimed at exempting gym memberships, equipment for power companies and other purchases from sales taxes has passed the House.
- Recovery continues year after Texas Panhandle wildfire Updated: May-11-15 8:20 pm
FRITCH, Texas - Bit by bit, new residences and mobile homes have sprung up around Lake Meredith a year after a massive wind-whipped wildfire destroyed 225 homes and dozens of smaller buildings around the lake.
- Why homebuyers face a tough spring Updated: May-11-15 7:41 am
Eager to buy your first home this spring? Already own, but want to trade up? Be warned: there'll be plenty of competition
- US economy rebounding with solid if unspectacular job gains Updated: May-08-15 5:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Rebounding from a dismal start to the year, the U.S. economy added 223,000 jobs in April, a solid gain that suggested that employers are helping fuel a durable if still subpar recovery.
- A hazy view of US economy emerges ahead of April jobs report Updated: May-07-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - When the government reports Friday on job growth during April, it could help clarify an increasingly nagging question:
- Pitt, Jolie list French Quarter home for sale Updated: May-07-15 10:31 am
- Signed offer on little Seattle house that $1M couldn't buy Updated: May-05-15 8:56 pm
SEATTLE - The story of the little house that $1 million couldn't buy appears about to have a new chapter.
- Closure of eastern Iowa mobile home park worries residents Updated: May-05-15 3:04 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - The closure of an eastern Iowa mobile home park this summer is causing worry among residents who aren't sure where they'll live next.
- Philly lawyer joins effort to restore Ali's childhood home Updated: May-05-15 8:54 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A real estate investor wanting to restore Muhammad Ali's boyhood home in Kentucky has a new business partner in his corner.
- Another buyer sought for historic Davenport house Updated: May-04-15 10:53 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Another buyer is being sought to rehabilitate a historic home near Davenport Central High School, because the first deal fell through.
- 9-year-old student begins fundraiser to help homeless couple Updated: May-01-15 5:20 am
MARIETTA, Georgia - A third-grader at Mount Paran Christian School north of Atlanta has started a fundraiser selling his grandmother's pickles to assist a homeless man and women buy a home.
- Brother accused of stealing $83,000 from disabled sibling Updated: Apr-30-15 8:07 am
RICHLAND, Washington - A Richland man is facing a first-degree theft charge after $83,000 was withdrawn from his developmentally disabled brother's bank account.
- Pending US home sales increase in March Updated: Apr-29-15 10:50 am
WASHINGTON - More Americans signed contracts to buy homes in March, the third straight month of gains as housing heats up with the start of the spring buying season.
- Big price, big expectations for Mayweather-Pacquiao pay TV Updated: Apr-29-15 7:25 am
LAS VEGAS - George Foreman was fighting Evander Holyfield for the heavyweight title, and anyone wanting to watch it in April 1991 had to plan ahead.
- Griner accepts domestic violence counseling following fight Updated: Apr-28-15 7:24 pm
- White House to unveil Barack Obama state china Updated: Apr-27-15 6:04 am
WASHINGTON - A hue of blue inspired by the waters of Hawaii is a prominent feature of the Obama state china service being unveiled by the White House.