- Home stands 10 years after Abbeville standoff Updated: Dec-07-13 11:36 am
- The art of bamboo for pandas at the National Zoo Updated: Dec-07-13 9:58 am
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M Updated: Dec-06-13 6:29 pm
- Average US rate on 30-year loan rises to 4.46 pct Updated: Dec-05-13 11:31 am
- Historic house saved from path of school expansion Updated: Dec-05-13 9:58 am
- US new-home sales jump in Oct. after Sept. drop Updated: Dec-04-13 10:54 am
- Rogers buys naming rights to Oilers' future home Updated: Dec-03-13 4:50 pm
- Investment firm takes stake in Minn. home market Updated: Dec-03-13 11:36 am
- Couple restores home in childhood neighborhood Updated: Dec-01-13 11:04 am
- Tech workers boost Silicon Beach home prices, rent Updated: Nov-30-13 3:22 pm
- Prince George's executive promotes Suitland homes Updated: Nov-30-13 9:38 am
- Contracts to buy US homes fall for 5th month Updated: Nov-25-13 11:07 am
- Boise Rescue Mission buys Nampa facility Updated: Nov-24-13 6:14 pm
- Group set to move Mason City 'international' home Updated: Nov-20-13 2:06 pm
- KCK government planning to buy T-Bones ballpark Updated: Nov-19-13 10:55 am
- NY to buy homes in NYC neighborhood hit by Sandy Updated: Nov-18-13 6:55 pm
- US homebuilder confidence holds steady in November Updated: Nov-18-13 11:16 am
- Ohio's Hiram College buys James A. Garfield home Updated: Nov-16-13 4:32 pm
- Builder claims drilling rights under Fla. homes Updated: Nov-16-13 1:28 am
- Bills owner buys unsold tickets to avoid blackout Updated: Nov-15-13 9:48 am
- US mobility for young adults falls to 50-year low Updated: Nov-14-13 11:39 am
- Fewer US homes repossessed by lenders in October Updated: Nov-14-13 12:32 am
ABBEVILLE, South Carolina - On the 10th anniversary of one of the most intense firefights ever in South Carolina, the home where it happened sits like a macabre reminder of the most horrible day Abbeville has seen in a generation.
FORT WASHINGTON, Maryland - Panda candy - that's what the National Zoo's bamboo procurement team told Christian Ostermann he was growing in his yard.
NEW YORK - Like Elvis' no-hips-allowed appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show," or the Beatles' arrival in America, or Woodstock, it is considered one of the milestone moments in rock history: Bob Dylan going electric at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival.
WASHINGTON - Average U.S. rates for fixed mortgages rose sharply this week, making home-buying slightly less affordable.
NEW ALBANY, Indiana - Neighbors on the south side of New Albany High School have watched as the New Albany-Floyd school system has bought modest homes and demolished them to enlarge the school campus.
WASHINGTON - Americans ramped up purchases of new homes in October after three months of soft sales, evidence that the housing recovery is improving fitfully.
EDMONTON, Alberta - Rogers Communications has bought the naming rights to the future home of the Edmonton Oilers, expanding its already wide reach in Canadian professional sports.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A giant private equity firm has taken a major stake in the Minneapolis-St. Paul housing market.
OCEAN SPRINGS, Mississippi - When she was a girl, Louann Sekul enjoyed walking from her home near downtown Ocean Springs down to the pier and back up to the stores lining Washington Avenue, where she knew every shop owner and they knew her.
LOS ANGELES - Tech workers flocking to Southern California's Silicon Beach are driving already-high home prices and rents even higher.
SUITLAND, Maryland - Prince George's County Executive Rushern L. Baker III has pronounced Suitland "the next big thing" in regional reinvestment, comparing the community to such resurgent District of Columbia neighborhoods as U Street, H Street and the 14th Street corridor.
WASHINGTON - The number of Americans who signed contracts to buy homes fell in October for the fifth straight month. Higher mortgage rates, price increases and the 16-day partial government shutdown held back sales.
NAMPA, Idaho - The Boise Rescue Mission has finalized a deal to buy a facility in Nampa to house 60 women and children.
MASON CITY, Iowa - A nonprofit group is pledging to move a unique flood-damaged home in Mason City that had been threatened with demolition.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Unified Government of Kansas City, Kansas, and Wyandotte County is considering spending $8 million to buy the ballpark that's home to an independent minor league baseball team.
NEW YORK - Residents of a flood-prone area battered by Superstorm Sandy are getting a financial lifeline, with state officials announcing a plan to buy all 129 homes in a neighborhood sandwiched between a tidal marsh and the Atlantic Ocean.
U.S. homebuilders' confidence in the housing market held steady this month, but many are worried that another fight over the federal budget could cause would-be buyers to put off home purchases.
HIRAM, Ohio - A northeast Ohio college once led by James A. Garfield has purchased the nearby home of the 19th century U.S. president for $200,000.
BRANDON, Florida - When Mallory and Zach Sinclair were looking for their first home, they swooned over a new townhouse in the Brandon subdivision of Whispering Oaks. With well-manicured lawns, it looked fresh and untouched, with streets bearing pastoral names like Spring Flowers and Summer Clouds.
ORCHARD PARK, New York - For the second time in two months, Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. is buying the remaining tickets to a home game to avoid a local television blackout.
WASHINGTON - U.S. mobility for young adults has fallen to the lowest level in more than 50 years as cash-strapped 20-somethings shun home-buying and refrain from major moves in a weak job market.
LOS ANGELES - Fewer U.S. homes are completing the foreclosure process and ending up repossessed by banks because investors are increasingly buying up properties when they go on sale at public auction.