- Troopers seize illegal drugs, stolen guns at home in Tok Updated: Feb-04-16 5:51 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An estimated $35,000 in illegal drugs and at least 15 stolen guns have been seized by Alaska State Troopers serving a search warrant in Tok (tohk).
- Delaware's largest homeless veterans facility planned Updated: Feb-04-16 11:40 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A nonprofit group is targeting a long-vacant nursing home in Wilmington to be the state's largest facility dedicated to housing homeless veterans.
- Missouri lawmakers eye universities' living requirements Updated: Feb-02-16 12:51 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers have turned their scrutiny of public universities toward mandatory student fees and services.
- Ailing woman who sued to get out-of-state marijuana dies Updated: Feb-01-16 6:37 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire woman who was suffering from late-stage cancer when she won permission to buy medical marijuana in Maine before it was available in her home state died Monday.
- Detroit mayor announces reduction in property assessments Updated: Feb-01-16 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Mayor Mike Duggan announced a drop in residential property assessments for about 95 percent of Detroit residents after years of cost complaints from angry homeowners.
- Water main broke as fire crews battled Tarbell Home blaze Updated: Jan-28-16 4:23 am
NEW CASTLE, New Hampshire - Public Works officials in New Castle say a broken water main on Goat Island possibly contributed to the lack of water needed to douse a weekend blaze at the historic Tarbell Home.
- PETA: Turn 'Silence of the Lambs' house into animal museum Updated: Jan-28-16 3:32 am
PERRYOPOLIS, Pennsylvania - An animal rights group wants to convert the western Pennsylvania house used in the film "The Silence of the Lambs" into an empathy museum, where visitors could wear the skins of slain and abused animals.
- US new-home sales soar in December Updated: Jan-27-16 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans rushed to buy new homes in December at the strongest pace in 10 months, with 2015 marking the strongest year for this segment of the housing market since 2007.
- Pentagon defends use of Russian engines to launch satellites Updated: Jan-27-16 4:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Senior Pentagon officials on Wednesday sought to defend the use of Russian-made rocket engines to send U.S. military satellites into space, telling exasperated lawmakers they are moving quickly to end the practice and rely on American-made rockets for the launches.
- US home prices rise in November; all-time highs in 4 cities Updated: Jan-26-16 9:43 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices increased at a faster clip in November, the gains fueled by solid hiring growth, historically low mortgage rates and a shortage of houses on the market.
- Luxury Boston condos being bought, resold at huge profit Updated: Jan-26-16 7:40 am
BOSTON - Luxury condominiums in one of Boston's hottest neighborhoods that have never been lived in are being bought for millions of dollars then quickly resold at a huge profit.
- Colorado Springs considers buyout for damaged homes Updated: Jan-23-16 4:59 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Officials in Colorado Springs are offering to buy 20 homes damaged by landslides if they can get federal funding.
- USS Juneau's silver service returns home Updated: Jan-23-16 4:02 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - On Feb. 14, an important, missing piece of Juneau's history will be unveiled at the Juneau-Douglas City Museum for all to see. The silver service bought by the people of Juneau in 1941 for its first namesake ship, the U.S.S. Juneau (CL-52), will finally be returning home.
- US home purchases rebound; 2015 had most sales in 9 years Updated: Jan-22-16 10:54 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home sales rebounded in December after new regulations had delayed the completion of purchases in November. And total sales in 2015 were the most in nine years.
- Burlington nonprofit purchases 11 UVM residential buildings Updated: Jan-22-16 4:32 am
ESSEX, Vermont - Officials say the Champlain Housing Trust has reached an agreement to purchase 11 residential buildings from the University of Vermont for $3.9 million.
- Las Vegas land not dirt cheap or selling like it once was Updated: Jan-22-16 2:01 am
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas once was a hot spot for land speculators, who couldn't get enough desert tracts to develop or flip to other investors.
- JC Penney to start selling home appliances again Updated: Jan-19-16 7:57 pm
NEW YORK - J.C. Penney will sell refrigerators, washing machines and other appliances at some of its stores for the first time in more than 30 years.
- As wealthy Brazilians snap up Miami real estate, few benefit Updated: Jan-19-16 11:03 am
MIAMI - Facing a teetering economy at home, wealthy Brazilians have been pouring money into what they increasingly see as the safest place to invest: South Florida real estate.
- 2 teens killed in Harnett County hit-and-run on US 421 Updated: Jan-17-16 10:20 am
BROADWAY, North Carolina - North Carolina troopers say two teens were killed and a third seriously injured by a hit-and-run driver as they walked along U.S. Highway 421 in Harnett County.
- Police look for suspect after Powerball buying teen killed Updated: Jan-16-16 1:48 pm
ATLANTA - Police are looking for a suspect after a teenager was shot to death in northwest Atlanta after purchasing Powerball tickets for his mother.
- Tennessee Powerball winners: No big changes to lives Updated: Jan-16-16 3:02 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The small-town Tennessee couple that bought one of three magic tickets splitting the world-record $1.6 billion Powerball jackpot says they don't plan to quit their jobs or buy a new house.
- Latest: Dead woman's son criticizes defense portrayal of her Updated: Jan-15-16 6:21 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The latest on the capital murder trial of a man charged in the death of an Arkansas real estate agent (all times local):
- The Latest: Tennessee Powerball winners plan to keep working Updated: Jan-15-16 4:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The latest on a Tennessee couple that says they won the Powerball (all times local):
- Michael Phelps discovers true happiness in Arizona desert Updated: Jan-15-16 2:34 am
TEMPE, Arizona - Michael Phelps never knew he could be this happy.