- Governor joins in announcing education initiative Updated: Mar-10-14 3:43 pm
- Third-graders visit Flint museum for week of class Updated: Mar-10-14 10:52 am
- Childhood love of space pays off with Mars study Updated: Mar-10-14 10:02 am
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan Updated: Mar-07-14 7:13 pm
- Johns Hopkins data spilled in 'extortion' attempt Updated: Mar-07-14 3:16 pm
- Inslee to keep pushing teacher-evaluation bill Updated: Mar-06-14 8:28 pm
- Va awards $2M to boost teacher science, math Updated: Mar-06-14 2:55 am
- Smith unveils app challenge for Neb's 3rd District Updated: Mar-05-14 5:08 am
- Kalakaua Middle School teacher wins $25K award Updated: Mar-04-14 9:04 am
- Ga. joins national teacher preparation initiative Updated: Mar-03-14 5:05 pm
- Nebraska working on statewide testing problem Updated: Mar-03-14 12:28 pm
- Carroll Co. school tries flipped classrooms Updated: Mar-02-14 10:42 am
- Michigan tests show mixed reading, math levels Updated: Feb-28-14 7:40 pm
- Va teacher gets national education award Updated: Feb-28-14 10:59 am
- Blacks Hills State planning underground campus Updated: Feb-28-14 10:47 am
- STEM teachers might get state help repaying loans Updated: Feb-28-14 4:04 am
- State lowers bar on math proficiency test Updated: Feb-27-14 11:34 am
- Video supports spending on federal research Updated: Feb-27-14 5:04 am
- UAB gets portion of teacher preparation grant Updated: Feb-26-14 7:47 pm
- Wind farm at Washington State University Vancouver Updated: Feb-26-14 3:29 pm
- Letter raises question of creationism in class Updated: Feb-24-14 3:57 pm
- Former child soldier wants Wyoming refugee office Updated: Feb-22-14 3:22 pm
- IU scientists worry about drop in science funding Updated: Feb-22-14 3:07 pm
- Alabama senator seeks Common Core repeal Updated: Feb-21-14 8:04 pm
- Miss. could adopt ACT as high school exit exam Updated: Feb-20-14 4:41 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Gov. Mary Fallin joined Oklahoma State University President Burns Hargis and officials with the National Math and Science Initiative to announce the start of a program intended to prepare teachers in science, technology, engineering and math.
FLINT, Michigan - Elementary school students in Genesee County spent a week away from their usual desks recently to learn in a new classroom: Sloan Museum.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Ron Williams remembers walking into the cafeteria with Mrs. Richardson's second-grade class at Broadview Elementary in 1961 to watch the launch of the Mercury spacecraft on a black-and-white television. Since before then, Williams has been interested in space, and now he is one step closer to reaching Mars, even though he actually isn't going into orbit.
SAN FRANCISCO - Federal education officials on Friday approved California's plan to roll out new computer-based standardized tests this spring, ending a months-long dispute that put the state at risk of sacrificing $1.5 billion in federal school funding.
BALTIMORE - The names, email addresses and telephone numbers of 848 current and former Johns Hopkins University biomedical engineering students were posted online after a hacker's failed extortion attempt aimed at gaining broader access to the school's computer network, the university said Friday.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee said Thursday he hopes lawmakers can come to an agreement on the state's teacher-evaluation system before the Legislature adjourns next week.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Education is awarding more than $2 million in grants to enhance teachers' knowledge of science, technology, engineering and math and their ability to teach the subjects.
SCOTTSBLUFF, Nebraska - Nebraska's 3rd District congressman has announced a contest for high school students in the state's vast, rural district to create a new software application for smartphone, tablet or computer devices.
HONOLULU - A Kalakaua Middle School teacher is being honored with a national education award.
ATLANTA - Georgia will join a national initiative to better prepare teachers in certain in-demand subject areas, Gov. Nathan Deal announced Monday.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska officials have been working with a state contractor to solve technical problems that hampered statewide writing tests for thousands of students earlier this year.
ELDERSBURG, Maryland - Taylor Jones is enjoying the new way she's learning math.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan standardized test results for grades 3 to 8 showed mixed math and reading level changes in 2013, with almost one-third of students failing reading and more than half failing math.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Fairfax County science teacher is being honored with a national education award.
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - Black Hills State University said it plans to open a campus deep underground at the Sanford Underground Research Facility in Lead.
INDIANAPOLIS - Certain students who go on to teach science, math or special education in the state could get up to $9,000 to pay off loans if a legislative proposal becomes law.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada education officials are making it easier for students to pass a math proficiency test that's required for graduation but has proved tough for high schoolers.
WASHINGTON - A group of science, higher education and business organizations concerned about cuts in federal research dollars are hoping a new video focusing on what it describes as the "innovation deficit" will go viral.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The University of Alabama Birmingham is using a grant to launch a program intended to train teachers in the areas of math, science, engineering and technology.
VANCOUVER, Washington - Thirty feet above the ground, the blades of five wind turbines rotated Tuesday as a slight breeze wafted through a field on the eastern border of the Washington State University Vancouver campus.
NEW ORLEANS - A letter to a newspaper has prompted the Louisiana chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union to ask the Caddo Parish School Board to investigate whether any of its teachers are illegally teaching creationism.
CASPER, Wyoming - Bertine Bahige hid under his bed while gunshots echoed throughout his hometown of Bukavu in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The sound of his mother's screams dimmed the pings of bullets when the rebel soldiers entered his home. He watched a rebel smack his mother unconscious with the butt of a gun.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Kuang He's future is tied to science; it's a future that's anything but certain.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state legislator is seeking a Senate floor showdown on his proposal to repeal the Common Core curriculum standards, an issue that has divided the state's Republicans and sparked passionate debate over what the standards mean for Alabama classrooms.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi high school students could soon be using the same test to get out of high school and get into college.