- Bill Nye says he underestimated debate's impact Updated: Apr-16-14 12:55 pm
- IU psychology students mentor middle schoolers Updated: Apr-15-14 11:01 am
- Del. officials eye science, technology and math Updated: Apr-15-14 3:19 am
- Consumer science classes offer key life skills Updated: Apr-11-14 10:20 am
- Astronauts share love of space with students Updated: Apr-11-14 10:07 am
- Los Angeles teacher suspended for science projects Updated: Apr-10-14 4:52 pm
- Federal grant to help SD schools in math, science Updated: Apr-10-14 6:10 am
- Wichita State announces $200K in grants Updated: Apr-10-14 5:04 am
- Wisconsin seeks answer to student achievement gap Updated: Apr-09-14 6:21 pm
- Committee formed to make education recommendations Updated: Apr-09-14 1:29 pm
- Vermont college plans $10 million education center Updated: Apr-08-14 11:46 am
- School district concludes hearing on teacher's job Updated: Apr-08-14 9:59 am
- ULL students win international oil geology contest Updated: Apr-08-14 4:07 am
- Univ. of Iowa sees surge in engineering students Updated: Apr-07-14 5:03 pm
- Fargo 6th-graders mop up against college investors Updated: Apr-07-14 2:11 pm
- Kansas lawmakers back school funding, tenure plan Updated: Apr-06-14 11:26 pm
- 300 students competing in Science Olympiad Updated: Apr-05-14 8:02 am
- Top-paid teachers take on more duties, hours Updated: Apr-03-14 12:37 pm
- Long delayed Wang Hall nears completion Updated: Apr-03-14 12:17 pm
- ULL grad students win regional oil geology contest Updated: Apr-01-14 6:34 am
- Green Bay district spends $2.5M on 5K new laptops Updated: Mar-29-14 6:28 pm
- Teacher uses Iditarod, sled dog to reach students Updated: Mar-27-14 11:34 am
- Yakima students win $140,000 science prize Updated: Mar-26-14 3:50 pm
- Emory Univ. receives $1M grant for Tibet effort Updated: Mar-26-14 4:19 am
- Senators refuse to repeal La. creationism law Updated: Mar-24-14 7:01 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - TV's "Science Guy" Bill Nye said he underestimated the impact of a February debate in Kentucky on evolution and creationism that drew a massive online audience.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - When they snapped on plastic gloves to hold a real human brain last week, Bloomington Project School students said they weren't even nervous.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - State officials are joining with the Dow chemical company and Junior Achievement to strengthen science, technology, engineering and math instruction in Delaware's middle schools.
FRANKLIN, Indiana - In one family and consumer science class, students learn how to cook nutritional meals that will help them prevent diseases such as diabetes.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - "Do you think there is life on other planets?"
LOS ANGELES - Students and parents are calling for the return of a popular Los Angeles high school science teacher who was suspended from the classroom after students turned in projects that appeared dangerous to administrators.
PIERRE, South Dakota - More than 100 teachers from across South Dakota will participate in a university and K-12 partnership program with the support of federal dollars.
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita State University has announced a total of $200,000 in grants to 11 area school districts for engineering education.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin had the worst achievement gap between black and white students among states last year, and officials shouldered the blame Wednesday while putting the onus on teachers to address the issue.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan has issued an executive order creating a task force to make recommendations on STEM education in schools - Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
PUTNEY, Vermont - Landmark College in Putney is planning to build a $10 million education and research center focused on science, technology, engineering and math.
BLACKFOOT, Idaho - The Snake River School District after two days of public testimony adding up to about 14 hours must now decide whether to renew the contract of a longtime biology teacher.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - University of Louisiana at Lafayette petroleum graduate students have won an international contest to analyze data and describe the best place to drill for oil.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Kevin Dubbins was the kid who always took things apart. He couldn't help himself.
FARGO, North Dakota - A class of sixth-graders from North Dakota has schooled some of the best college business students in the country on the stock market.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Legislature on Sunday narrowly backed a plan that would boost funding to poor school districts while eliminating tenure for teachers.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Three hundred high school students from across the state are competing in 22 events in the New Hampshire Science Olympiad.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - For most of the day, Laura McCoy is either busy teaching a class of young Fort Wayne Community Schools students - or ushering the next class through the doors of her music room.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The long-delayed Seng-Liang Wang Hall, a $38 million Purdue University building on Northwestern Avenue, will open in August.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - A team of master's degree geology students has won a regional petroleum geology contest and will compete April 4-6 in the international finals, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette says.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Green Bay School District plans to spend $2.5 million to buy 5,000 laptops for students in four grade levels.
KOKOMO, Indiana - From the treacherous Iditarod Trail race spanning nearly 1,000 miles across Alaska's frigid terrain, Lincoln School teacher Donita Walters gleans math, geology and nutrition lessons.
YAKIMA, Washington - Students at East Valley High School at Yakima have won a science prize worth more than $140,000 in electronics and grants.
ATLANTA - A trust founded by the Dalai Lama has awarded $1 million to support the Emory-Tibet Science Initiative at Emory University.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Teaching creationism in Louisiana science classes is unconstitutional, but senators refuse to repeal a law that mandates it.