- Ohio legalization backers roll out green mascot, 'Buddie' Updated: Aug-30-15 1:22 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A giant green marijuana bud in a white superhero suit is traveling Ohio to help pass a pot legalization proposal this fall.
- Seminar seeks Ohioans who want to make money with legal pot Updated: Aug-29-15 7:34 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Entrepreneurs and others who want to get involved in the industry if marijuana is legalized in Ohio are gathering for a weekend seminar in Columbus.
- Backers of pot issue challenge ballot wording in Ohio court Updated: Aug-27-15 5:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Supporters of a plan to legalize marijuana in Ohio are challenging the proposal's ballot phrasing and title, arguing in a Thursday filing to the Ohio Supreme Court that certain words are inaccurate and intentionally misleading to voters.
- Flandreau tribe says marijuana not behind city police split Updated: Aug-27-15 8:13 am
FLANDREAU, South Dakota - The Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe's decision to end a longstanding policing agreement with the city of Flandreau predated the tribe's decision to legalize marijuana, a tribal attorney says.
- Higher Learning: Colorado county mulls scholarship pot tax Updated: Aug-26-15 12:44 pm
DENVER - Talk about higher learning. A Colorado county may create the world's first public college scholarship program funded with marijuana money.
- Rauner cuts drug-treatment funding from heroin bill Updated: Aug-24-15 9:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner vetoed Monday critical pieces of a bill to intended fight heroin addiction and overdoses, saying that while he supports the measure in principle, the state can't afford it.
- Meetings on marijuana continue to be held across Vermont Updated: Aug-24-15 12:14 pm
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - A group of Vermont business leaders has been inviting the public to comment how to create a safe and sustainable marijuana industry.
- Green Party urges 'no' vote on Ohio pot legalization issue Updated: Aug-23-15 9:44 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Green Party is urging opposition to a marijuana legalization issue on November's ballot and support for two other statewide issues.
- Menominee tribal members endorse marijuana proposals Updated: Aug-21-15 3:20 pm
KESHENA, Wisconsin - Members of the Menominee Indian Tribe have endorsed the possible legalization of marijuana for medicinal and recreational use on their northeastern Wisconsin reservation, the tribe announced Friday.
- Bristol proposal takes aim at recreational marijuana stores Updated: Aug-21-15 2:50 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Bristol official wants to prevent marijuana stores from cropping up like liquor stores in his town, before they're even legal in Rhode Island.
- Court rejects Oakland lawsuit over marijuana dispensary Updated: Aug-20-15 8:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The federal government's decision to try to seize the property of a large medical marijuana dispensary cannot be second-guessed by a court, a federal appeals court ruled Thursday as it rejected a lawsuit by a California city that wants to keep the dispensary open.
- Ohio Chamber opposes pot issue, backs anti-monopoly measure Updated: Aug-19-15 5:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Chamber of Commerce came out against a November ballot issue that seeks to legalize marijuana, with its leaders saying Wednesday that the business organization would contribute $100,000 and other resources to help defeat the proposal.
- Idaho replaces mile marker 420 with 419.9 to thwart stoners Updated: Aug-18-15 5:32 pm
BOISE, Idaho - If you're looking for milepost 420, you won't find it in Idaho.
- Kennewick mayor to revisit city's marijuana business ban Updated: Aug-17-15 6:14 am
KENNEWICK, Washington - The mayor of Kennewick says he will ask the City Council to revisit the city's ban on marijuana-related businesses now that the Legislature has changed state law to send tax revenue from those businesses to municipal governments.
- San Francisco 4-mile run seeks to change stoner stereotypes Updated: Aug-15-15 5:42 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Students, accountants, businessmen, housewives and many others in green T-shirts and all wearing the number 420 raced Saturday to change the stereotypical images of marijuana smokers as lazy and lethargic stoners who binge on junk food.
- Lawmakers try to address how to criminalize edibles Updated: Aug-15-15 2:14 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - Recent decisions by state judges have revealed a legal loophole in Wyoming's marijuana law that lawmakers are trying to close.
- Drug reformers: NY using 'failed' policy to target fake pot Updated: Aug-14-15 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - An organization advocating the reform of the nation's drug laws says New York has adopted a "failed" approach to synthetic marijuana.
- Legalized marijuana proposal clears a hurdle for Ohio ballot Updated: Aug-13-15 5:25 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - If Ohio voters decide this fall to legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use, Ohio would become the rare state to leap in a single bound from outlawing marijuana altogether to allowing it for all uses.
- Toppenish approves 6-month moratorium on pot sales Updated: Aug-13-15 1:52 pm
TOPPENISH, Washington - A Yakima County city has approved a six-month delay for a decision on whether medical or recreational marijuana operations will be permitted.
- Dayton-area businesses unite against marijuana legalization Updated: Aug-13-15 9:20 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce has launched a coalition of area businesses and organizations united against the expansion of marijuana use in the region and across Ohio.
- Growing number of Oregon cities, counties banning marijuana Updated: Aug-12-15 8:50 pm
SALEM, Oregon - At least a dozen Oregon cities and counties have taken steps to ban marijuana businesses from their boundaries as the state prepares to begin retail sales in October.
- Clarification: Fairbanks-Marijuana Tax story Updated: Aug-12-15 11:53 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - In a story Aug. 11, The Associated Press reported that the Fairbanks North Star Borough Assembly was considering a tax proposal. The story should have made it clear that the tax was only for marijuana sales.
- Colorado may ban 'candy' name on marijuana treats Updated: Aug-11-15 7:34 pm
DENVER - Edible marijuana products in Colorado may soon come labeled with a red stop sign, according to a draft of new rules released Wednesday by state marijuana regulators.
- Few conflicts seen at medical pot outlets near Medford, Ore. Updated: Aug-11-15 1:07 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medford has steadfastly opposed marijuana stores, but other southern Oregon cities with a more welcoming approach have seen almost no problems and few conflicts with neighboring businesses.
- Junction City weighs ban on all marijuana shops Updated: Aug-11-15 6:18 am
JUNCTION CITY, Oregon - The Junction City Council is considering ordinances that could ban all medical and recreational marijuana retail outlets in the community.