- Things To Know: Oregon Legislature Roundup Updated: Feb-13-16 2:12 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers have wrapped up week two of this year's rapid-fire 35 day session, and from here on things get interesting.
- Colorado's newest pot shop tied to strip club and mayor Updated: Feb-12-16 4:44 pm
GLENDALE, Colorado - Colorado's newest pot shop has some wondering whether strippers and weed are too closely aligned on a busy highway just east of downtown Denver.
- Marijuana regulators discuss onsite consumption issues Updated: Feb-11-16 9:12 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The board tasked with regulating Alaska's legal pot industry provided guidance Thursday for yet-to-be-drafted rules to allow for people to use marijuana at certain stores that will sell it.
- The Latest: Taylor has no problem letting voters decide pot Updated: Feb-11-16 4:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest from a forum for journalists organized by The Associated Press (all times local):
- Medical pot advocates oppose proposed Rhode Island plant tax Updated: Feb-11-16 3:11 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Medical marijuana advocates are opposing an annual $350-per-plant fee that Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo wants to impose on some growers as part of her budget plan.
- Vermont police dogs no longer trained to detect marijuana Updated: Feb-11-16 2:33 pm
BARRE, Vermont - In an anticipatory move for the possible legalization of marijuana, Vermont police dogs are no longer trained to recognize the drug's smell.
- Ohio's senators offer separate anti-heroin bills Updated: Feb-10-16 3:45 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's Democratic senator on Wednesday offered his own plan for battling the deadly drug overdose epidemic affecting many states, including his own.
- Australia commits to legal growing of medicinal marijuana Updated: Feb-09-16 11:20 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australian lawmakers committed on Wednesday to legalize the growing of marijuana for medical use within a part of the world renowned for zero-tolerance and harsh penalties for illegal drugs.
- Rhode Island lawmakers to propose legalizing marijuana Updated: Feb-07-16 1:01 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bill to legalize and tax recreational marijuana in Rhode Island is returning to the state's General Assembly after failing to pass in previous years.
- Marijuana meeting, scholarship bill things to know about Updated: Feb-06-16 4:28 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The board tasked with regulating Alaska's legal pot industry is set to meet as the date to begin accepting marijuana business applications nears. Also in the days ahead, lawmakers plan to discuss a bill that would require students who receive state-sponsored merit scholarships or financial aid grants to repay them if they don't complete their degrees or certification programs within six years. The chief justice of the Alaska Supreme Court also is set to deliver the annual State of the Judiciary address.
- NY lawmaker: NFL should require synthetic marijuana testing Updated: Feb-05-16 4:15 pm
ALBANY, New York - A New York state lawmaker who has sponsored bills targeting synthetic marijuana is calling on the NFL to require players to take drug tests for the substance.
- Delta Junction votes to keep pot industry out of city Updated: Feb-05-16 7:29 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The Delta Junction City Council has approved a ban on marijuana businesses in the city 100 miles southeast of Fairbanks.
- Kansas Senate approves bill to lessen marijuana penalties Updated: Feb-03-16 7:15 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas would decrease penalties for first and second-time marijuana possession under a bill overwhelmingly approved Wednesday by the state Senate, though pot users still could face stiff fines and time in a county jail.
- Public health critique offered of California pot measure Updated: Feb-02-16 8:43 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A marijuana legalization measure likely to end up on the California ballot this year does not do enough to prioritize public health over business interests with the financial incentive and political clout to downplay any adverse effects of allowing people to use pot recreationally, two researchers with expertise in curbing tobacco use said Tuesday.
- Arkansas attorney general again rejects marijuana amendment Updated: Feb-02-16 7:02 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge has again rejected a proposed constitutional amendment to legalize marijuana in Arkansas.
- DC lawmakers open door to pot smoking in private clubs Updated: Feb-02-16 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers in the nation's capital have opened the door to allowing people to smoke marijuana in clubs that charge a membership fee.
- Hawaii lawmakers propose dozens of marijuana laws Updated: Feb-02-16 4:23 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are considering dozens of proposals to regulate medical marijuana dispensaries, as well as a couple that could legalize recreational marijuana.
- California Medical Association backs recreational pot plan Updated: Feb-01-16 9:19 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's largest organization of practicing physicians, the California Medical Association, announced Monday that it is backing a proposed 2016 ballot initiative to legalize the recreational use of marijuana.
- Group faces protest as it submits petitions to legalize pot Updated: Feb-01-16 6:04 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A group that hopes to legalize marijuana in Maine delivered petition signatures to the state Monday as opponents hectored the group's organizers.
- Report: DOJ should track its monitoring of pot legalization Updated: Feb-01-16 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Government Accountability Office says the Justice Department needs to better document how it's tracking the effect of marijuana legalization in the states.
- Editorials from around Oregon Updated: Feb-01-16 12:48 pm
Selected editorials from Oregon newspapers.
- Poll: 3 out of 5 New Mexicans support marijuana legalization Updated: Jan-28-16 5:20 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Three out of five New Mexico residents support the legalization and taxation of recreational marijuana, according to poll results released Thursday.
- Drug traffickers seek safe haven amid legal marijuana Updated: Jan-28-16 2:11 am
DENVER - Seeking a safe haven in Colorado's legal marijuana marketplace, illegal drug traffickers are growing weed among the state's sanctioned pot warehouses and farms, then covertly shipping it elsewhere and pocketing millions of dollars from the sale, according to law enforcement officials and court records consulted by The Associated Press.
- Pot testing rules difficult to meet for island communities Updated: Jan-27-16 3:37 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott has turned down a proposed change to marijuana regulations that would have made it easier for southeast and rural Alaska communities to comply with testing requirements.
- Governor, committee chairman announce pot legalization bill Updated: Jan-26-16 6:46 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Gov. Peter Shumlin and the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee have announced legislation "to cautiously and deliberately" legalize recreational marijuana in Vermont.