- Lawmakers in Oregon vote to aid gay veterans, strippers Updated: Jul-07-15 3:14 am
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers gave an assist to gay veterans in the final hours of the 2015 legislative session.
- Ohio effort to have old pot crimes expunged takes next step Updated: Jul-06-15 4:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The group working to get a marijuana legalization issue on Ohio's fall ballot has passed the next step in a separate effort to have some related crimes expunged.
- After year of Washington legal pot sales, taxes top $70M Updated: Jul-04-15 12:19 pm
SEATTLE - Washington launched its second-in-the-nation legal marijuana market with just a handful of stores selling high-priced pot to long lines of customers. A year later, the state has about 160 shops open, tax revenues have soared past expectations and sales top $1.4 million per day.
- Marijuana board holds first meeting, wants laws changed Updated: Jul-03-15 3:49 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska's newly appointed Marijuana Control Board has proposed four changes to state marijuana laws.
- Denver campaign would allow marijuana use in bars Updated: Jul-03-15 2:33 pm
DENVER - Beer? Wine? Or weed?
- Denver campaign would allow marijuana use in bars Updated: Jul-03-15 2:28 pm
DENVER - Beer? Wine? Or weed?
- Oregon House backs Oct. 1 start for marijuana sales Updated: Jul-02-15 7:07 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The fate of an Oregon bill allowing retail marijuana sales to begin Oct. 1 lies with Gov. Kate Brown.
- Thousands gather in Portland as Oregon eases into legal weed Updated: Jul-01-15 4:05 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon began easing into an era of legal marijuana Wednesday after an early morning pot celebration at the center of Portland.
- Gov. Inslee signs recreational marijuana reform bill Updated: Jun-30-15 9:11 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state's recreational marijuana law has a new tax structure under a measure signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Jay Inslee.
- Gov. Matt Mead creates panel to assess marijuana in Wyoming Updated: Jun-30-15 8:31 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead is creating a council to gauge the effects of marijuana usage in the state ahead of a push for a legalization initiative that could put the issue before voters next year.
- Marijuana bills advance in Oregon Senate Updated: Jun-30-15 7:53 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate has signed off on three bills setting up Oregon's legal marijuana system.
- Marijuana legalization backers deliver signatures in Ohio Updated: Jun-30-15 3:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A campaign to legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use in Ohio began delivering hundreds of thousands of petition signatures in its effort to get the issue before voters.
- California lawmakers to hold hearing on pot farm water use Updated: Jun-30-15 7:47 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A state legislative committee will look at the impact of the drought and water use by illegal marijuana cultivators on North Coast fisheries at a hearing in Sacramento.
- AP News Guide: Oregon weed legal soon, but not legally sold Updated: Jun-28-15 1:05 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Come Wednesday, the pot stashes in Oregon are legal - up to 8 ounces. So is the homegrown, up to four plants a household.
- Legislative panel backs sales tax for marijuana Updated: Jun-23-15 8:10 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The state lawmakers preparing for Oregon's legal marijuana program are supporting a sales tax for the drug.
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: Jun-23-15 12:09 pm
Hutchinson News, June 18
- Study: Scant evidence that medical pot helps many illnesses Updated: Jun-23-15 12:04 pm
CHICAGO - Medical marijuana has not been proven to work for many illnesses that state laws have approved it for, according to the first comprehensive analysis of research on its potential benefits.
- House rejects bill to legalize marijuana in Maine Updated: Jun-22-15 1:28 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine House of Representatives has rejected a bill that seeks to legalize marijuana for recreational use in the state.
- Equal pay, marijuana bills test Gov. Rauner's social agenda Updated: Jun-21-15 10:44 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Throughout his campaign for governor, Bruce Rauner asserted he didn't have a social agenda and was focused solely on Illinois' deepening financial crisis.
- Gov. Baker OKs waiver for Massachusetts' 1st pot dispensary Updated: Jun-19-15 2:39 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker on Friday issued a one-time, temporary waiver aimed at helping the state's first marijuana dispensary begin selling pot for medicinal purposes.
- Town reverses decision to ban pot shops Updated: Jun-19-15 1:58 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Recreational marijuana businesses are now welcome in a west Colorado town that banned them in 2013.
- Delaware governors signs marijuana decriminalization bill Updated: Jun-18-15 7:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware Gov. Jack Markell has signed legislation decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana.
- Oregon starts campaign to teach what's legal with marijuana Updated: Jun-17-15 5:56 pm
As Oregonians prepare to enter the new world of legal marijuana, the state wants folks to know a few things.
- Ohio elections chief flags voter forms from marijuana group Updated: Jun-17-15 5:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Voter registrations collected by a marijuana legalization campaign are to be closely scrutinized for potential fraud under orders the state's elections chief delivered Wednesday.
- Largest Florida county proposes citations for pot possession Updated: Jun-16-15 3:30 pm
MIAMI - People caught with small amounts of marijuana could soon get a civil citation instead of a jail term in Florida's largest county, which may become the first in the state to treat marijuana possession as a non-criminal act.