- 1st legal medical pot sold in Nevada 15 years after approval Updated: Jul-31-15 10:46 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Fifteen years after Nevadans voted to legalize it, medical marijuana was sold legally in the state for the first time Friday at a dispensary in a strip mall about 5 miles east of downtown Reno.
- Pot industry's bank bid rejected by federal regulators Updated: Jul-31-15 5:37 pm
DENVER - A Colorado credit union is hoping a federal judge will intervene to let the booming marijuana industry move its finances from cash-stuffed suitcases to the regulated banking system.
- Pot legalization group reports spending $2 million in effort Updated: Jul-31-15 3:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A group working to get a marijuana legalization issue on Ohio's fall ballot has spent more than $2 million in its effort and has about $82,000 in campaign cash on hand.
- Central Oregon county voters could decide ban on pot sites Updated: Jul-31-15 12:08 pm
ALFALFA, Oregon - A central Oregon county may postpone implementing the state's recreation marijuana law until voters can decide on banning pot sales.
- Opinion: Officials can't use public cash to oppose pot laws Updated: Jul-30-15 7:41 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich says officials are not allowed to use public resources to campaign for or against ballot measures.
- Pot legalization group files new signatures in ballot effort Updated: Jul-30-15 6:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A campaign to legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use in Ohio submitted more signatures Thursday as it tries to get the issue before fall voters.
- Campaign to ease state's pot laws kicks off in Sioux Falls Updated: Jul-29-15 10:23 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Tattooed bikers, middle-aged health care workers, blue-collar manufacturing employees and others converged on a Sioux Falls bar Wednesday night to work toward a shared goal: easing marijuana penalties in South Dakota.
- As petition looms, Wyoming panel begins look at legal pot Updated: Jul-29-15 7:16 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming's anti-pot governor has a warning for a task force he's named to study the effects of legal marijuana: It CAN happen here.
- Daugaard unsupportive of medical, decriminalized marijuana Updated: Jul-29-15 7:11 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard says he needs to review proposed ballot measures that would decriminalize marijuana possession and legalize medicinal cannabis, but the governor says he generally hasn't supported such proposals.
- Marijuana legalization advocates hold meeting in Brattleboro Updated: Jul-29-15 12:31 pm
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - Vermont marijuana growers and advocates gathered earlier this week to discuss proposed legislation that would legalize recreational use of the drug in the state.
- Arkansas attorney general's office rejects 5 pot proposals Updated: Jul-27-15 4:39 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - The Arkansas attorney general's office has rejected five proposed ballot titles that would have asked voters to legalize marijuana for various purposes.
- Federal laws have banks turning away marijuana businesses Updated: Jul-27-15 2:52 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Federal laws tying marijuana money with money laundering has banks turning away marijuana businesses.
- Nyssa marijuana law to get second reading Updated: Jul-27-15 10:40 am
NYSSA, Oregon - The Nyssa City Council is set to vote on an ordinance prohibiting commercial marijuana operations.
- Oregon TV anchor fired after testing positive for marijuana Updated: Jul-24-15 4:52 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon television anchor has turned into a marijuana activist after being fired for testing positive for the drug.
- Sheriff: New law plays 'significant' role in crime rise Updated: Jul-23-15 10:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - A recent change in California law making certain drug and property crimes misdemeanors instead of felonies played "a significant role" in the rising crime rate in Los Angeles County and has taken away the incentive for addicts to seek treatment, Sheriff Jim McDonnell said Thursday.
- Senate panel would allow marijuana vendors to use banks Updated: Jul-23-15 4:07 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel voted Thursday to make it easier for businesses that legally produce and sell marijuana to do business with banks and other financial services providers.
- Medical dispensary files lawsuit over Medford pot sale ban Updated: Jul-22-15 1:41 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medford's ban on pot sales is facing a lawsuit from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- Menominee Indian Tribe to hold marijuana referendum Updated: Jul-22-15 11:10 am
KESHENA, Wisconsin - Menominee Indian Tribe members will have a chance to weigh in on whether marijuana should be legal for recreational and medicinal use on the reservation in northeastern Wisconsin.
- Report: Pot legalization in California presents trade-offs Updated: Jul-22-15 3:49 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A blue-ribbon panel says curtailing the illegal marijuana market in California should be the primary goal of legalizing the drug's recreational use in the state, and not developing another tax source.
- Raids carried out to curb heroin sales in Detroit, suburbs Updated: Jul-21-15 2:43 pm
DETROIT - Police arrested 12 people and seized drugs, handguns, assault rifles and a submachine gun during a series of raids Tuesday aimed at curbing heroin sales in the Detroit area.
- New state law bans open containers of pot in cars Updated: Jul-20-15 11:47 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A new state law bans open containers of marijuana in vehicles starting Sept. 26.
- National marijuana group raises more in Maine pot race Updated: Jul-20-15 11:25 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A nationally-backed campaign to legalize recreational use of marijuana in Maine is raising more money than a local effort that has the same goal.
- New marijuana industry wrestles with pesticides and safety Updated: Jul-20-15 10:41 am
DENVER - Microscopic bugs and mildew can destroy a marijuana operation faster than any police raid. And because the crop has been illegal for so long, neither growers nor scientists have any reliable research to help fight the infestations.
- Southwest Oregon county puts pot sales on fall ballot Updated: Jul-17-15 10:02 am
ROSEBURG, Oregon - Voters will decide in 2016 whether to bar marijuana sales in the unincorporated parts of Douglas County.
- Could Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket miss out on medical pot? Updated: Jul-16-15 11:31 am
BOSTON - Massachusetts has a cannabis conundrum.