- Lawmaker urging tougher law for heroin dealing Updated: Dec-07-13 11:36 am
- Party celebrates Washington pot anniversary Updated: Dec-06-13 9:02 pm
- Wash. grants extra day to get in pot applications Updated: Dec-06-13 6:52 pm
- Portland police won't honor marijuana referendum Updated: Dec-06-13 3:44 pm
- Moroccan party holds hearing for legalizing pot Updated: Dec-04-13 10:47 am
- Pot license backlog dogs Colorado regulators Updated: Dec-04-13 9:55 am
- Denver backs off porch pot ban Updated: Dec-02-13 10:16 pm
- Conn. university to test pot for contaminants Updated: Dec-01-13 1:05 pm
- Views differ on benefits, downfalls of marijuana Updated: Nov-30-13 2:38 pm
- State Patrol: Outdoor pot grows decline in Wash. Updated: Nov-29-13 2:14 pm
- Efforts to relax US marijuana laws lose benefactor Updated: Nov-29-13 1:13 pm
- Mass. activists push to fully legalize marijuana Updated: Nov-28-13 9:29 am
- Democratic lawmaker wants pot legalized in Arizona Updated: Nov-27-13 7:37 am
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Nov-26-13 1:43 pm
- Pierce Co. exec vetoes marijuana business ban Updated: Nov-25-13 3:47 pm
- Effect of recreational pot on ski biz remains hazy Updated: Nov-25-13 2:21 pm
- Longtime Progressive CEO Peter Lewis dies at 80 Updated: Nov-23-13 10:47 pm
- Cocaine bust derails fledgling GOP congressman Updated: Nov-23-13 3:08 pm
- Oregon Legislature dives into marijuana debate Updated: Nov-22-13 8:26 pm
- More drivers positive for pot in Washington state Updated: Nov-21-13 5:41 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-20-13 10:39 am
- Yakima council opposes recreational marijuana Updated: Nov-20-13 8:49 am
- Mizeur proposes legalizing marijuana Updated: Nov-19-13 7:01 pm
- Ark. AG rejects petition to drop marijuana laws Updated: Nov-18-13 7:43 pm
- AP Photos: Prospectors seek fortune in legal pot Updated: Nov-18-13 1:39 pm
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - A northern Kentucky legislator is calling for tougher jail penalties for heroin dealing, but treatment advocates argued that harsher criminal punishments don't help with the problem of addiction.
SEATTLE - Crowds of people bundled in winter coats celebrated the anniversary of marijuana legalization in Washington state Friday by sparking up at a city-sanctioned party under Seattle's Space Needle.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Aspiring marijuana entrepreneurs in Washington state have an extra day to get their business license applications in.
PORTLAND, Maine - A new law legalizing marijuana for recreational use went into effect Friday in Maine's largest city, providing a symbolic victory that marijuana advocates intend to use as a springboard to a statewide law.
RABAT, Morocco - One of Morocco's main political parties has started the process of legalizing marijuana cultivation on Wednesday with an informational hearing in parliament over its industrial and medical uses.
DENVER - As Colorado prepares for recreational pot sales in less than a month, state marijuana regulators are still battling an enormous backlog issuing licenses for medical marijuana.
DENVER - Denver officials have backed off a plan to prohibit marijuana use on front porches and in front yards.
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - The microscope at the University of New Haven, set at 10-times magnification, shows a marijuana leaf covered with dozens of tiny bumps. It's mold, and someone, somewhere could be smoking similarly contaminated pot and not have a clue.
DENVER - There are hundreds of strains of marijuana - each containing hundreds of different chemicals - but only one molecule makes much difference, scientists say.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says outdoor marijuana growing operations continued to decline in 2013.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - With the death of Cleveland billionaire and philanthropist Peter B. Lewis, the push for relaxed U.S. marijuana laws lost its most generous supporter. That's left supporters wondering what comes next.
BOSTON - Pro-marijuana activists in Massachusetts have already succeeded in paving the way for dozens of medical marijuana dispensaries and decriminalizing possession of small amounts of the drug.
PHOENIX - A Democratic state lawmaker says he will introduce a bill that will legalize marijuana and instead regulate and tax it much as alcohol is now.
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
TACOMA, Washington - Pierce County Executive Pat McCarthy has vetoed the county council's ban on licensed marijuana businesses.
DENVER - Colorado's ski resorts are taking the offensive in ensuring the multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry isn't hurt by recreational marijuana stores that are set to open at about the same time many families begin planning their winter vacations.
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio - Peter Lewis, who shepherded Progressive Corp. from a small-time operation to one of the largest auto insurers in the country and later became the billionaire backer of marijuana legalization, died Saturday. He was 80.
FORT MYERS, Florida - From the outset, U.S. Rep. Trey Radel - a brash and digitally savvy darling of the political right - was determined to make a name for himself. And so he has.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers are beginning to debate whether they should ask voters to weigh in next year on legalizing marijuana for recreational use.
SEATTLE - More drivers have been testing positive for marijuana since Washington legalized the drug last year, according to new figures from the State Patrol.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
YAKIMA, Washington - The Yakima City Council is backtracking on plans to allow growing, processing and selling recreational marijuana in the city.
UPPER MARLBORO, Maryland - A Maryland lawmaker who is running for governor proposed Tuesday to legalize marijuana in the state to help pay to expand prekindergarten.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' attorney general's office on Monday rejected proposed language for a petition that would ask voters to void the state's anti-marijuana laws.
SEATTLE - Dot-bong, Marijuana Inc., the Green Rush: Call it what you will, the burgeoning legal marijuana industry in Washington state is drawing pot prospectors of all stripes.