- Oregon Legislature approves budget, adjourns Updated: Mar-07-14 9:43 pm
- More drivers positive for pot in Washington Updated: Mar-07-14 6:41 pm
- Medford council moves swiftly to ban pot shops Updated: Mar-07-14 6:34 pm
- Committee approves marijuana decriminalization Updated: Mar-07-14 4:25 pm
- Colorado launches campaign to stop stoned driving Updated: Mar-06-14 7:04 pm
- Washington issues first legal pot business license Updated: Mar-05-14 7:47 pm
- St. Louis marijuana law having impact Updated: Mar-05-14 9:35 am
- Runoffs will decide several top statewide races Updated: Mar-05-14 3:13 am
- Oregon House panel OKs temporary dispensary bans Updated: Mar-04-14 10:35 pm
- 1st Washington pot license goes to guy named Green Updated: Mar-04-14 8:01 pm
- Lawmakers press admin, again, on pot rules Updated: Mar-04-14 3:41 pm
- Senate: No tax breaks for pot production Updated: Mar-04-14 2:59 pm
- UN body condemns US states' legalization of pot Updated: Mar-04-14 12:45 pm
- Poll: Pa. majority favor legalizing medical pot Updated: Mar-03-14 5:51 pm
- California governor unsure legal pot is good plan Updated: Mar-02-14 6:56 pm
- Despite banning legal pot, Yakima seeks tax money Updated: Mar-01-14 3:43 pm
- Ky. Senate panel OKs trial use of cannabis oil Updated: Feb-26-14 4:24 pm
- Northwest tribes oppose marijuana legalization Updated: Feb-26-14 11:50 am
- NH report highlights growing heroin problem Updated: Feb-26-14 11:41 am
- Colorado Springs drops public building pot ban Updated: Feb-26-14 8:22 am
- Oregon House panel OKs local pot-dispensary bans Updated: Feb-24-14 7:26 pm
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Feb-24-14 9:09 am
- Governors: Legalized pot buzz just smoke Updated: Feb-22-14 6:04 pm
- Brown discusses measures on marijuana Updated: Feb-21-14 11:40 am
- Saddler: 'Unintended consequences' with legal pot Updated: Feb-20-14 9:51 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The state Legislature voted Friday to approve funding for cancer research facilities at Oregon Health & Science University, got the budget back in balance and then adjourned the 2014 session.
SEATTLE - More drivers tested positive for marijuana in Washington in 2013 - the first full year after the state legalized pot - but officials so far say there's been no obvious, corresponding jump in car accidents.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Moving even before the Legislature completed action, the Medford City Council has voted for a moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee on Friday approved a measure relegating marijuana possession to a civil offense.
DENVER - Colorado is spending $1 million on television ads making fun of marijuana users who space out during everyday tasks - an effort to stop stoned driving.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state issued its first legal-marijuana business license Wednesday, launching a new phase in the state's ambitious effort to regulate a market that has been illegal for more than 75 years.
ST. LOUIS - Few people are being fined or facing jail time for marijuana violations since St. Louis changed its law last summer.
AUSTIN, Texas - A scramble to fill statewide offices in one of the biggest turnovers in Texas government history began with Tuesday's primary, but several of the key contests will require runoffs to decide a final winner.
SALEM, Oregon - A state House committee has approved a compromise measure that would allow Oregon communities to ban medical marijuana facilities, but only temporarily.
SEATTLE - Washington state's first legal marijuana license is going to a guy named Green.
WASHINGTON - A senior U.S. drug enforcement official urged Congress and others Tuesday not to abandon scientific concerns over marijuana in favor of public opinion to legalize it, even as the Obama administration takes a hands-off approach in states where voters have made legal its sale and use.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Senate has unanimously passed a measure that would exclude producers of marijuana and marijuana-infused products from qualifying for agriculture tax breaks.
LONDON - The United Nations' drug watchdog agency says that the legalization of marijuana in the U.S. states of Colorado and Washington poses a threat to the international fight against drug abuse.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A large majority of Pennsylvania voters favor legalizing marijuana for medical purposes, but they are divided over whether possession of even small amounts for recreational use should be legalized, according to a poll released Monday.
SAN FRANCISCO - California Gov. Jerry Brown said he is not sure legalizing marijuana is a good idea in his state because the country could lose its competitive edge if too many people are getting stoned.
YAKIMA, Washington - Despite banning the sale, growing and processing of legal marijuana, the Yakima City Council is seeking tax money from the state's upcoming pot industry.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill aimed at allowing trial use of cannabis oil for severe childhood seizures gained momentum Wednesday, clearing a Kentucky Senate committee that heard emotional pleas from parents wanting the treatment for their children.
FERNDALE, Washington - An organization representing 57 Northwest Indian tribes has announced its opposition to marijuana legalization, specifically in Alaska and Oregon.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - When it comes to heroin, prevention is the best strategy, but treatment works and recovery is possible, New Hampshire's medical and law enforcement communities say.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The Colorado Springs City Council has scrapped a proposed ordinance that would have banned marijuana from city buildings because it did not distinguish between recreational and medical marijuana.
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon House committee moved Monday to let cities and counties ban medical marijuana dispensaries, reversing a Senate decision to allow local governments to regulate but not ban the pot stores that will become legal this year.
Lansing State Journal. Feb. 17
WASHINGTON - All the buzz at the National Governors Association meeting over legalizing pot, some say, is just smoke.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown says Colorado and Washington state should be applauded for legalizing marijuana, but he wants to learn more about what happens in those states before supporting legalization in Maryland.
JUNEAU, Alaska - House majority members on Thursday were asked about the potential tax revenues for the state should voters approve an initiative this summer legalizing the recreational use of marijuana.