- Advocates make push to legalize marijuana in NJ Updated: Apr-20-14 4:31 pm
- Colorado pot law frustrates Nebraska law officers Updated: Apr-20-14 3:14 pm
- Proposed initiative seeks to ban all marijuana Updated: Apr-19-14 2:04 pm
- Rules leave pot test labs with little oversight Updated: Apr-19-14 1:34 pm
- RI's 5 things: City subpoenaed, overdose efforts Updated: Apr-19-14 9:29 am
- Colorado deaths stoke worries about pot edibles Updated: Apr-18-14 5:37 pm
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out Updated: Apr-18-14 2:56 pm
- Colorado advances edible marijuana restrictions Updated: Apr-17-14 9:50 pm
- Police: Student ate more pot than recommended Updated: Apr-17-14 8:10 pm
- Miss. legalizing marijuana extract as medicine Updated: Apr-17-14 3:25 pm
- NH Senate refuses to consider marijuana bill Updated: Apr-17-14 1:55 pm
- Neighbors oppose planned pot farm near Tenino Updated: Apr-17-14 1:35 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 11:14 am
- Alaska pot supporters make deal with opponents Updated: Apr-16-14 9:20 pm
- House panel hears bill to legalize marijuana Updated: Apr-16-14 7:05 pm
- Big Colorado pot business bans drug use at work Updated: Apr-16-14 6:52 pm
- Senate leaders ask for special session Updated: Apr-16-14 5:53 pm
- Walker signs bill legalizing pot byproduct Updated: Apr-16-14 3:02 pm
- Spend or save? Pot tax debate far from settled Updated: Apr-14-14 7:52 pm
- Prosecutors confronting marijuana law's challenges Updated: Apr-14-14 5:47 pm
- Columbia groups to study pot cultivation measure Updated: Apr-13-14 11:11 am
- Amherst rally again calls for marijuana law change Updated: Apr-13-14 9:52 am
- Where McCord, McGinty, Schwartz and Wolf stand Updated: Apr-13-14 9:12 am
- Arkansas attorney general rejects marijuana item Updated: Apr-11-14 7:25 pm
- Lubbock council wants expanded synthetic pot ban Updated: Apr-11-14 7:56 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Dozens of activists and community members have gathered at the steps of the New Jersey Statehouse to show their support for legalizing marijuana.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Some Nebraska law enforcement officers are frustrated that their agencies have to bear the cost of jailing and prosecuting people for drug violations tied to Colorado's legalized marijuana.
HELENA, Montana - A Billings car-dealership owner has proposed a ballot measure that would completely ban the use and possession of marijuana in Montana, even for medical uses.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Legislature's vote last year to regulate medical marijuana shops created new business opportunities for another kind of pot enterprise - marijuana testing - but leaves it virtually unregulated.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - From records related to Gordon Fox being subpoenaed to a House panel hearing a bill to legalize marijuana, here are five things to know in Rhode Island:
DENVER - A college student eats more than the recommended dose of a marijuana-laced cookie and jumps to his death from a hotel balcony. A husband with no history of violence is accused of shooting his wife in the head, possibly after eating pot-infused candy.
LOS ANGELES - Social media has been buzzing for weeks with jokes about how, this year, Easter Sunday shares the calendar with the pot-lover's highest holiday: April 20, or 420 in stoner lingo. Pot-smokers have long celebrated on the date by lighting up for reasons not quite clear.
DENVER - A Colorado proposal to widen a ban on certain types of edible marijuana advanced Thursday in the state House amid concerns that it could be too broad.
DENVER - A Wyoming college student who jumped to his death at a Denver hotel had eaten more of a marijuana cookie than was recommended by a seller, police records show - a finding that comes amid increased concern about the strength of popular pot edibles after Colorado became the first state to legalize recreational marijuana.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant has signed a bill to legalize a marijuana extract to be used as medicine under tightly controlled circumstances.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Senate has refused to consider a House bill that would have decriminalized possession of up to an ounce of marijuana.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Green is everywhere in the Skookumchuck Valley, from the lush pastures grazed by cattle and horses to the forested hills that surround the rural community of mostly hobby farms just outside of Tenino.
St. Cloud Times, April 16
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The group behind a ballot measure to legalize the recreational use of marijuana in Alaska said Wednesday it would gladly contribute funds to their opponents - if they prove pot is more dangerous than alcohol.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A House panel is considering several marijuana bills, including one to legalize the drug and regulate and tax it like alcohol.
DENVER - Workers for one of Colorado's biggest marijuana businesses learned Wednesday they can be fired for smoking pot on the job or using cocaine any time.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The support of the governor, attorney general and leaders of both parties in the state legislature was not enough to pass a bill strengthening sentences for serious heroin dealers and expanding the state's substance abuse treatment programs.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that legalizes the use of a marijuana byproduct to help treat children's seizures.
DENVER - Colorado's legal pot industry may be booming, but state lawmakers aren't sure how to spend the windfall.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A new law that will decriminalize marijuana in October involves some ambiguities that police and prosecutors are just beginning to confront.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Columbia advisory panel researching a proposed ordinance that would decriminalize cultivation of small amounts of marijuana has agreed to work with the city's Board of Health on the issue before making a recommendation to the City Council this summer.
AMHERST, Massachusetts - A rally in Amherst to push for national marijuana reform contrasted with a pre-St. Patrick's Day celebration that resulted in violence and dozens of arrests.
A look at where the four Democratic gubernatorial candidates - state Treasurer Rob McCord, former Clinton White House environmental adviser Katie McGinty, U.S. Rep. Allyson Schwartz and businessman Tom Wolf - stand on some key issues:
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas attorney general's office has rejected the proposed wording for a prospective ballot item that would let voters decide whether to legalize marijuana in the state.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Lubbock city officials want to expand a ban on synthetic marijuana.