- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife Updated: May-04-15 3:02 pm
BOSTON - A Tennessee woman searching for the stranger she kissed while running the Boston Marathon this year says she finally heard back - from the mystery man's wife.
- Well-known high school track coach collapses, dies at meet Updated: May-03-15 2:52 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - A popular South Florida high school coach and athletic director is dead after collapsing at the state track and field championships.
- Police: Boston Marathon winner's purse stolen during parade Updated: Apr-29-15 12:16 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico resident Caroline Rotich may have won the 2015 Boston Marathon elite women's division and the hearts of Santa Fe citizens.
- State official foresees marathon passing through Rosedale Updated: Apr-25-15 4:02 pm
ROSEDALE, Indiana - The town of Rosedale has seen a vision of a future "Covered Bridge Marathon" for serious runners who someday might pass through the small community.
- Boston Marathon winner Rotich to get Santa Fe parade Updated: Apr-24-15 5:03 am
SANTA, New Mexico - The city of Santa Fe is holding a parade for a Santa Fe resident who won the Boston Marathon.
- Obama honors Patriots for Super Bowl win, community service Updated: Apr-23-15 5:12 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama honored the New England Patriots for winning the Super Bowl despite a "huge distraction" and "media circus" over underinflated footballs in their conference championship game.
- Bird, Papi on board of Boston Olympic bid committee Updated: Apr-22-15 1:35 pm
- Last racer finishes Boston Marathon - in 20 grueling hours Updated: Apr-22-15 2:41 am
BOSTON - A Venezuelan man with muscular dystrophy was honored at City Hall on Tuesday after enduring about 20 hours of sometimes drenching rain, wind and cold to complete the Boston Marathon in the early morning hours.
- No place for world's top marathon in 2024 Boston Olympics Updated: Apr-21-15 7:39 pm
BOSTON - No sport is more connected to Olympic history than the marathon, and no marathon is more iconic than the Boston race that has been testing and torturing distance runners for 119 years.
- Desisa wins 119th Boston Marathon; Rotich takes women's race Updated: Apr-21-15 3:11 am
BOSTON - Lelisa Desisa ran through the rain to earn a second Boston Marathon victory and his first chance to enjoy it.
- The Latest: Wheelchair champ gives wreath to Richards family Updated: Apr-20-15 9:16 pm
- Montana Gov. finishes Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-20-15 7:43 pm
HELENA, Montana - The governor of Montana has finished the Boston Marathon.
- Red Sox get 5 unearned runs in 7-1 win over Orioles Updated: Apr-20-15 5:17 pm
BOSTON - The way Justin Masterson was pitching, he didn't need much help. The Orioles gave it to him, anyway.
- 2 years after bombings, a festive Boston Marathon mood Updated: Apr-20-15 4:58 pm
BOSTON - The weather was cold and damp but the atmosphere festive at Monday's running of the Boston Marathon, two years after pressure-cooker bombs exploded at the finish line and shattered one of sports' most cherished events.
- For Boston winner Meb Keflezighi, a year of thanks Updated: Apr-19-15 4:44 pm
BOSTON - Ever since Meb Keflezighi won last year's Boston Marathon, the first race after the finish-line bombings and the first win for an American man in more than 30 years, fans have been gravitating to him wherever he goes.
- 30K runners, 28,200 bananas: Boston Marathon by the numbers Updated: Apr-19-15 10:26 am
BOSTON - The Boston Marathon includes 26.2 miles, 34 elite athletes, 30,000 runners, 87 countries, 1 million spectators and $830,500 in prize money.
- Boston Marathon winner who died century ago in WWI honored Updated: Apr-19-15 5:49 am
VLAMERTINGE, Belgium - At the Vlamertinge Military Cemetery in Flanders Fields, the headstone of James Duffy usually stands unnoticed among the solemn rows.
- 2 years after bombs, Boston Marathon looks forward, not back Updated: Apr-18-15 9:42 am
BOSTON - It's been decades since you could run in the Boston Marathon without qualifying, before limits on the field size made entering - almost as much as finishing - something to aspire to.
- 2 years after marathon bombing, state renews offer of aid Updated: Apr-17-15 5:46 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts is renewing its push to aid those injured and traumatized by the Boston Marathon bombing, the state's attorney general said Friday.
- Flanagan, Linden lead US hopes for Boston women's win Updated: Apr-17-15 5:12 pm
BOSTON - The American men ended their slump when Meb Keflezighi won the Boston Marathon in 2014, a cathartic victory that allowed the "Star-Spangled Banner" to play over Boylston Street one year after bombs exploded there.
- St. Louis Marathon strips winner's title, says she cheated Updated: Apr-17-15 3:51 pm
ST. LOUIS - Organizers of the St. Louis marathon stripped the winner of her title this week, saying she had crept onto the course late in the race for the second consecutive year to make it appear she had run all 26.2 miles.
- Report: Law enforcement cooperation on terrorism improving Updated: Apr-14-15 10:05 pm
BOSTON - A congressional report released Tuesday suggests there's been progress in how federal and local law enforcement officials share information following the deadly 2013 Boston Marathon bombings.
- Enhanced security to remain in place for Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-13-15 1:36 pm
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts - Enhanced security measures will remain in place for next Monday's Boston Marathon, the second since the deadly 2013 bombing at the finish line of the iconic race, authorities said.
- Boston Marathon selects a familiar face as Grand Marshal Updated: Apr-09-15 10:53 am
BOSTON - Dick and Rick Hoyt, who over the decades have become among the most recognizable faces of the Boston Marathon, may not be running as a team this year, but they are both very much involved in the festivities.
- Tsarnaev relative in Russia says she believes he's innocent Updated: Apr-09-15 7:53 am
GROZNY, Russia - A U.S. jury found Dzhokhar Tsarnaev guilty of the Boston Marathon bombing, and his own lawyer admitted it in court, but a relative said Thursday that she remains convinced that he and his now-dead elder brother had no reason to carry out such a terrorist attack.