- A year later, North Dakotans return to Boston Updated: Apr-19-14 4:10 pm
- Falmouth nurse inspired to run Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-19-14 11:55 am
- Ortiz wants to visit Marathon finish line Monday Updated: Apr-18-14 8:56 pm
- Correction: Boston Marathon-Field story Updated: Apr-18-14 2:04 pm
- MIT honors officer slain after bombs went off Updated: Apr-18-14 1:12 pm
- Patrick signs law creating 'Boston Strong' plate Updated: Apr-18-14 12:19 pm
- Wedding bells ring for Boston Marathon survivor Updated: Apr-17-14 8:34 pm
- 3 to run marathon to help school stabbing victims Updated: Apr-17-14 1:22 pm
- Boston Marathon organizers confident of safe race Updated: Apr-16-14 5:04 pm
- Defense says bombing suspect's family key to case Updated: Apr-16-14 4:40 pm
- Wisconsin woman writes bombing suspect Updated: Apr-16-14 8:01 am
- Holly Township woman to return to Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-16-14 7:07 am
- At Boston Marathon, a chance to finally finish Updated: Apr-16-14 3:24 am
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks Updated: Apr-16-14 12:29 am
- White Sox wear Boston Strong on 1-year anniversary Updated: Apr-15-14 9:50 pm
- Brothers hurt in marathon bombing retrace route Updated: Apr-15-14 7:49 pm
- Obama has silent moment for Boston bombing Updated: Apr-15-14 3:17 pm
- Indiana runner to honor Boston Marathon victims Updated: Apr-15-14 11:04 am
- Shaheen thanking NH police who responded to Boston Updated: Apr-15-14 10:23 am
- AP PHOTOS: 4 heroes of the Boston Marathon bombing Updated: Apr-14-14 9:47 pm
- Boston Globe wins Pulitzer for marathon coverage Updated: Apr-14-14 4:23 pm
- Vet with no left leg to run in Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-14-14 4:02 pm
- Boston bombing survivor: A 'miracle' to be here Updated: Apr-14-14 3:58 pm
- Quincy man, 4 daughters, to run marathon together Updated: Apr-14-14 8:41 am
- 3,300 mile race for Boston Marathon victims ends Updated: Apr-13-14 8:45 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Last year's Boston Marathon was supposed to be Chuck Allen's second and final.
FALMOUTH, Ma. - Helen Bohnenberger of Falmouth had never run more than two miles before she began to train for Monday's Boston Marathon.
BOSTON - David Ortiz wants to visit the Boston Marathon finish line Monday after the Red Sox are done with their Patriots' Day game against Baltimore.
BOSTON - In a story April 17 about the Boston Marathon field, The Associated Press erroneously referred to Tom Grilk as the Boston Athletic Association president. He is the B.A.A. executive director.
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Like many other youngsters, Sean Collier wanted to be a police officer. Unlike most, he brought that dream to life - and then died doing it, becoming a central character in the gripping hunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
BOSTON - Massachusetts drivers will soon have an opportunity to purchase a "Boston Strong" license plate.
BOSTON - An injured survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing is celebrating a personal milestone.
PITTSBURGH - Three people from the western Pennsylvania town where 21 students and a security guard were wounded in a high school stabbing rampage hope to raise money for the victims by running the Boston Marathon.
BOSTON - The arrest of a man with a rice cooker in his backpack near the Boston Marathon finish line led police to step up patrols Wednesday, while organizers sought to assure the city and runners of a safe race next week.
BOSTON - Lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev said Wednesday that understanding Tsarnaev's family is key to their case, offering a glimpse of the defense strategy as they prepare to defend him against charges that carry the possibility of the death penalty.
BARABOO, Wisconsin - A Baraboo woman says she's been criticized and even threatened for sending letters of support to the Boston Marathon bombing suspect.
HOLLY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - When Anita Harless told her sons that she was returning to the Boston Marathon this year, they told her they didn't want to come, she said.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Just one tiny misstep at mile 15 of the Boston Marathon last spring ruined any chance of amputee runner Jeff Glasbrenner breaking four hours.
BOSTON - Survivors, first responders and relatives of those killed in the Boston Marathon bombing marked the anniversary Tuesday with tributes that combined sorrow over the loss of innocent victims with pride over the city's resilience in the face of a terror attack.
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have paid tribute to victims of the Boston Marathon bombing before their game against the Red Sox.
BOSTON - Two Boston-area brothers who each lost a right leg in the Boston Marathon bombings have retraced the marathon route on the anniversary in a relay walk-and-ride with relatives and friends.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is paying tribute to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing on its first anniversary with a moment of silence in the Oval Office.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Cheryl Marner was a mile from the finish line at last year's Boston Marathon when all of the runners in front of her suddenly stopped.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Sen. Jeanne Shaheen is thanking New Hampshire law-enforcement officials who responded to the Boston Marathon bombings a year ago.
An EMT. A volunteer. A spectator in a cowboy hat.
BOSTON - The Boston Globe has won a Pulitzer Prize for breaking news for its coverage of the Boston Marathon bombing.
TACOMA, Washington - The first six times Edward Lychik told his physical therapist he wanted to run again, she was noncommittal, and with good reason.
BOSTON - When John Odom left the Boston Medical Center five weeks after the Boston Marathon bombing it wasn't certain he would ever walk again. But after 11 surgeries and almost a year later, he gets around fine with a cane. Odom has little problem standing, walking, playing golf or even dancing with his wife.
QUINCY, Massachusetts - Joe D'Arrigo and his four daughters have run the Boston Marathon nearly 40 times between them.
BOSTON - Runners in a monthlong coast-to-coast relay of more than 3,300 miles to raise money for a charity aiding Boston Marathon bombing victims have crossed the finish line.