Follow The Republic:
• Jan Meek and her Wednesday night class at Hartsville Baptist Church for the pictures, Scripture and get-well wishes, from Dottie.
• Coach Barry Turnbow, parents and fans of the Richards Raiders boys basketball team for their support when our son got hit during the basketball game Wednesday.
• Clifty Creek PTO, Mrs. Eaken, Mrs. Dudley and Mrs. Gorbett for helping make our Cougar Cash store so wonderful, from Clifty Creek students and staff.
• the nice man at Marsh on State Street for paying for the root beer for my grandkid, from Paula Grey.
• Jeff Karnes and Jason for the message Thursday night at The Pulse at Yes Cinema, from a returning guest.
• the kind lady in the eastside retail store who was so generous to spare me $5 to buy a gift for my sick mother in the hospital, from a thankful customer.
• Central Chargers wrestling team for an exciting meet, great sportsmanship and outstanding victory at the Northside/Central meet.
• Southwestern girls seventh- and eighth-grade basketball team for their win over Edinburgh.
• Bob Arterburn for being a such helpful, supportive cousin, from Tammy Foist and Kenny Newland.
• Susan and Bonnie for taking me out for my birthday dinner, from Beverly.
• Onions to…
• people who call Animal Control with bogus calls, wasting their time and taxpayers’ money.
• the credit union that discontinued transfers from one account to another without any notification to the members.
• city officials who are so concerned about the lighting on the Second Street Bridge and the interstate overpass when there is no lighting at one of the busiest intersections in the city, 10th Street and U.S. 31.
• the person who stole the Grateful Dead flag from our front porch.
• the blue pickup truck for going 10 to 15 miles over the speed limit on Second Street and law enforcement for not paying attention.
• the downtown restaurant that serves warmed-over meals with dry, lumpy gravy.
• the post office for leaving a package sitting out in the open and not leaving a delivery notice.
• city drivers for driving too fast on snow-covered roads.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!