Follow The Republic:
• Rick and Patty for the best stew ever, from D and L.
• the Clay Township Fire Department, Jewell Rittman Funeral Service, The Republic, the Hope Star Journal, and local radio stations and churches for their help with publicity for our fish fry on Friday night, from Petersville United Methodist Church.
• AmeriCorps members of United Way/Bartholomew County for their dedicated service at local nonprofits, from United Way/Volunteer Action Center.
• the couple who gave my wife and me their seats at the comedy show at YES Cinema Saturday because it was my birthday, from Barry Medaris.
• the young men in the Thrift Shop on Saturday for making our day and having such a great time shopping, from Kim Parish/ Psi Iota Xi.
• Judy Richardson for all the time spent helping me with the mail at Four Seasons, from Mary Fenske.
• Dr. Terrell and Dawn at CRH for the excellent job in ER on Saturday, from Cathy Petrie.
• Club 24 Home Ec club for the delicious dinner in appreciation of the Elizabethown Volunteer Fire Department, from the firefighters.
• Gerry and Judy Rae, Janice Cory, Dr. Hall and everyone at Hope Vet Clinic for taking care of our very sick dog Bentley when we were on vacation, from Kevin and Beth Noblitt.
• Jeanette, Patty, Nancy and Harold for helping me during this time, from Debbie Sims.
• all the BCSC elementary students that I have enjoyed teaching while subbing for the last 13 years, from Dick Howe.
• Columbus Kids Resale for the kid gift to the McCauley family.
• Onions to
• limiting the nursing day to girls only.
• people who think people who don’t practice religion are below them.
• pushy people who moved me out of my spot at a concert Saturday.
• the driver who hit my Bonneville while parked and left the scene without so much as a note.
• whoever put in daylight saving time, forcing kids to stand in the dark waiting for the bus again.
• church that turned its chapel into a coffee shop.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.