Follow The Republic:
• the staff of Skin Solutions and the EMTs who arrived to help me before the ambulance got there, and to Tom Barrett and the lady who saw me on the ground and went for help after I fell, from Betty Ellercamp.
• 4th Street Bar & Grill for wonderful snacks and drinks at the Volunteer Action Fair, from United Way.
• Rockcreek teachers and staff for the delicious appreciation meal for all volunteers, from Nancy Speer.
• Pat at transportation and maintenance for all her hard work, from a happy parent.
• Excel Auto Glass for recognition of Administrative Professionals Day, from the ladies at Shepherd Insurance.
• the nice person in the little green car at the Starbucks drive-through on National Road for paying for my coffee order Tuesday afternoon.
• Charlie, Eleanor and Anna Russell for being the three most wonderful children a father could ask for, from Dad.
• all the CASA volunteers fighting for the rights of local children who have been the victims of abuse or neglect, from Advocates for Children.
• Shannon at Columbus Adult Medicine for always being polite and prompt with my phone calls, from Mrs. Ping.
• Liz, Katie and Jenni for planning another awesome ice skating event for this weekend and all your hard work, from a volunteer.
• Nichols body shop for excellent service on Wednesday afternoon.
• Mila at McDonald's on National Road for caring about your employees when they are truly sick and need the time off, from Tracy.
• Todd at AT&T for your courteous professionalism in repairing my phone service on Rocky Ford Road.
• Beth, a greeter, at westside Walmart for always smiling and directing customers to the items they need in the store.
• Onions to
• whoever stole the handmade flower piece from my dad's grave at Flatrock Baptist Cemetery.
• the business for not replying to questions about its photo contest.
• businesses that want people to give them free advertising by buying and wearing their T-shirts.
• elected officials who use bumper sticker cliches to address the serious issue of gun violence.
• big box store managers for being rude to customers.
• doctor's office that said the patient cannot have their new prescription eyeglasses until their bill is paid in full.
• dirty, stained playground area in The Commons.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.