Follow The Republic:
• Jon Padfield for earning his Ph.D. from Purdue University, from Laura, Elizabeth and Sophie.
• Paula Sue for bringing us the beautiful, tasty homegrown strawberries, from your cousins.
• Mrs. Poe for being a great principal and letting all the students try and dunk you in the dunk tank, from Rockcreek staff and children.
• Heather at Bed, Bath and Beyond for excellent customer service.
• Natalie Berkenstock, Jean Huff and Grandma Margaret for helping serve at the cookout, from the Hope lunch ladies
• Shoaf Honey Farm for rescuing the swarm of honeybees that took up residence on the north side of our house, from the Marshalls.
• the Hope and Hauser lunch ladies for the great annual cookouts, from Lisa.
• the Lambrecht family for the delicious cakes on Thursday, from the the W. D. Richards staff.
• Alan Tarpley for your graduation from Columbus North High School and consistently making us proud, from Mom.
• Beth Morris for all your help and support this year in the classroom, from your teaching partner.
• Bryce Silcox for hitting his home run this week and Ethan Silcox and Conner Drake for getting onto the All-Star team.
• Heidi Jones and Kathy Smith for your assistance with sorting and filing certificates, T-shirts, etc., from Debbie Greene.
• Rebecca Nolting for her achievement of valedictorian at Columbus East, from Aunt Gail.
• Dave Burnside for the American flags in memory of my father Wayne Moore, from Donna Yates.
• Bert for the great lunch on Memorial Day, from Keepsake Village residents.
• the Hauser Lady Jets for an awesome season.
• Richard Stephenson of Hope Elementary for the beautiful flowers and being a good boy on the bus this year, from your bus driver.
• Sonnie for the fruit bars for snacks, from Darlene and Virginia.
• Tyler Allen in the Master Built dirt late-model car for two wins and one second-place finish over Memorial Day weekend, from a great fan.
• Sherri Lynn Dugger for her wonderful article in Farm Indiana on Wednesday.
• Columbus Police Department officer Roger Field for his professionalism and understanding, from an appreciative Dr. Davidson.
• residents of Waycross and Timbercrest Drives for the beautiful display of pink petunias, from a neighbor.
• Randy and Peggy Lawson, Jared Mullins and Alan Kelsay for doing my yard work and helping me since I’ve been home from the hospital, from Mickey May.
• Sadie’s Restaurant for serving the best chicken livers in the whole state, from Sandy Boyd.
• school bus transportation director Karen Wetherald, staff and A.J. for making our year-end picnic a great success, from Charlene Bryant.
• Steven Penrose II on his graduation, from Mom.
• CPD Officer Sarah Goins, member of Columbus Fire Department, Tammy, those who helped my wife get to Columbus Regional Hospital, Mr. Shipley and Rin Tin Tin at CRH and Barb Brown, from John Maley.
• Onions to…
• the Bartholomew County bus driver who was speeding through Elizabethtown on Thursday afternoon.
• Bartholomew County Commissioners and the Bartholomew County sheriff for not allowing ATVs on our county roadways.
• those who are using County Line Road (Bartholomew/Johnson/Shelby) as their dumping grounds for old tires and other trash.
• those who refer to the tea-party members as “patriots.”
• no longer getting the Edinburgh Courier supplement in my Republic.
• checkout express lanes that only have room for one customer to unload their basket at a time.
• the person mowing grass before 7 a.m. Friday.
• The Republic not publishing a story about a Robert E. Lee guard buried in a cemetery in Clay Township.
• all irresponsible dog owners who let their dogs bark in the middle of the night.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.