Follow The Republic:
• the store manager at Best Buy who took a difficult situation and made a customer very happy, from a grateful pastor.
• Jerad Turner on your graduation from Columbus East and getting very high marks on your Senior Project, from Mom and Dad.
• Crystal at Tail Twisters for her grooming techniques, patience and kindness with my dog on each visit, from a grateful customer.
• Columbus Regional Hospital ER nurse Tim for the excellent care and attention to my husband, my daughter and myself while waiting for his test results, ED Tech Jeff and the nurse for her skillful technique starting an IV where my husband’s veins are difficult to access, from Paula Jarrett.
• the crew at Shorty’s for doing a great job of holding down the fort, from Granny.
• Children’s Morning Out staff at Asbury United Methodist Church for the loving care and fun learning activities this year, from Karen Johnson, Brody and Lanie.
• Vic Thompson of Thompson Furniture for being a great guy and always eager to help, from Sandy.
• Sheila Rogers for the great euchre game, from Barbara Herold.
• column about life’s complex journey by Abdul Hakim-Shabazz, from a senior citizen, Barb Huff.
• the lady with the two children that helped me when I ran out of gas, paid for my gas, brought it back to me and would not take any payment from me, from Rick Moss.
• Terry at Brown’s Garage fro being a trustworthy mechanic and a kind person, from Debra Carmer.
• the scholars from Labrang Tashi Kyil monastery who shared peace and compassion during their recent visit to Columbus.
• Onions to…
• those that blame the current president’s numerous failures on everybody but the current president.
• constantly having to fight for unsecured property rights and quality of life because of greed.
• the city of Columbus for spending money on numerous “studies” such as bus routes, etc., “fluff” things like Fourth Street but comes up short on money for services and repairs that really count.
• school corporation for not reporting on teacher absenteeism, misconduct and cost to taxpayers for wages and insurance per teacher per year.
• gas prices in Bartholomew County.
• closing the public Commons funded by taxpayers for an entire week for a private company.
• people who park in physically handicapped parking spots because they know it’s not enforced.
• the city for all of the work out on 200S and then soon to be closing Highway 11 as well.
• The Republic birthday line for misspelling a name.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.