Follow The Republic:
• City Garage workers for finally removing the large tree limb and branches from the median on Caldwell Place.
• Rhonda for the wonderful Cardinal tickets for an early Father's Day present, from Jack.
• Nurse Donna at CRH on Tower 6 for being so compassionate to me after my surgery and her sweet and thoughtful act of kindness for bringing me the Pug stuffed animal, from Karen Shepherd.
• Don O'Rear for his letter to the editor, from someone who agrees.
• Christy, Mallory and all the great staff at Columbus Animal Hospital for the grooming of Daisy Mae, from Pam Fitzzpatrick.
• Lynsey Daily for graduating from Columbus East, Garrett Daily for graduating from Northside and Ethan Daily for graduating from Parkside Elementary, from Grandma.
• Dr. Erickson and Melinda at the Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Hospital for the extra special attention and compassion shown me on Tuesday.
• Megan Ballard for making the dean's list at IUPUC and being accepted into nursing school, from Mom, Dad, Bradyn and Grandma.
• Kroger bakery for outstanding garden cake and making an 85-year-old and nursing home residents very happy.
• the Wests for being patient neighbors, from the Longs.
• the two delivery/installer men from Bishopp's Appliance for their positive customer concern, overall friendliness and attitude, from John McCreary.
• our paper carrier for front-porch delivery on North Goshawk.
• Jen Reid, CRH ambulance and ER staff, and everyone else who helped me at Cummins last Tuesday, from Sarah Wittekind.
• members of the Moose Lodge for honoring Indiana by adding the state lag to your flagpole, from your neighbors at Shepherd Insurance.
• Carol Cain for her help taking Richard to the doctor.
• the person who returned my cap and gown from 1979 that I lost 15 years ago, from Deborah Wheeler.
• nice young man who cleans up after his dogs on 26th Street, from the lady who yelled at him.
• IU baseball team for making the College World Series for the first time.
• Mary and Royce for being such great neighbors, from Starlin and Vera.
• Onions to
• people who feel there has been to much newspaper coverage of the flood of 2008.
• leftover garage sale signs causing people to waste gas because the sale is over.
• bicyclist who disregarded the stop sign at 29th and Fairlawn.
• cable company that's cutting channels again.
• whoever decided it was a good idea to have County Road 200S, State Road 11 closed and then to slow traffic on the remainder of State Road 11 by doing a chip and seal at the same time.
• baseball league that allows an all-star team to break the rules without any consequences.
• for not keeping and remodeling the old ugly red brick building known as the Ice House.
• discount store with seven express lanes open and only three regular registers open.
• The Republic for not printing an orchid exactly as it is given.
• person who used Base Road as his personal dumping ground.
• adults, agencies and schools who insinuate that our children need to start taking on adult responsibilities and report bad behaviors.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.