Follow The Republic:
• Maxine Littrell and the incredible crew from Sandy Hook United Methodist Church for the awesome garden work, from Mitch Stam.
• Carver Toyota for the fun activities at the customer appreciation celebration and the great fireworks that were seen from all over the neighborhood.
• William Scarbrough for his letter to the editor, from a former history teacher.
• the city for finally putting a crosswalk at Seventh and Central.
• Bob Smitherman for the wonderful cookout for the Princeton Park subdivision.
• Rick Bert and Columbus street crew for great job of patch work on Chestnut Street.
• Patrick Chiropractic Center for flowers for my luncheon, from Marquita Tuck.
• Onions to
• the apartment complex that will not allow their tenants to display the American flag in any shape or form.
• the city for not checking with the theater in Franklin about the process of restoration before spending over $90,000 for a study of the Crump.
• the state highway crew for leaving gravel three to five inches deep on the State Road 11 curb, making it impossible for the homeowners to mow.
• The Republic for always reporting jobs added in the city but never mentioning the jobs lost.
• the motorists that roll through stop signs and run red lights and those who don't think it's a big problem but instead whine about the 1/2 percent of bicyclists.
• the driver of the maroon car who refused to move over and let me merge on to 10th Street when there were no other cars around and to the passenger who showed me their IQ by giving me the one-finger salute.
• the gas stations in Columbus; gas is $3.55 at Exit 95 Whiteland.
• The Republic for putting pictures of the 4-H Fair Queen candidates that are too dark and flat in the newspaper.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.