Follow The Republic:
• Dr. Montgomery and the staff at Northside Pediatrics for dealing with Remington’s health emergency on Saturday with professionalism, grace and kindness, from Aaron, Sarah, Ryder and Remington Coffman and family.
• Amazing Joe’s for an amazing anniversary dinner with great food and friendly service, from Tammy and Gary Smith.
• Jerry and “bucket truck” Mike for fixing my flagpole so we could fly our flag for the Fourth, from Susan Barker.
• Draven Martinez for being crowned 2013 Little Mr. at the Bartholomew County 4-H Fair, from Grandpa and Grandma Cheek.
• Marcia at Sherwin-Williams for helping me find the perfect shade for my living room, from a customer.
• Louis Souza for the quick response and help at the McKinney/Simmons accident on Saturday.
• Joan Kline for the delicious brunch from the Hannah group at First Baptist Church.
• Hobby Lobby for their outstanding full-page ad on July 4 and The Republic for printing it, from Jon and Jan Carlstrom.
• Tim Jarnagin, pharmacist at Kroger, for his outstanding service during my recent visit for a new medication, from Jack Piercefield.
• Onions to…
• the female driver of the red Toyota minivan who came out of the McDonald’s parking lot on Third Street and straight into the path of a car that had the right of way.
• inconsiderate neighbors who set off fireworks until after midnight.
• the radio station for playing the poorest rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
• the pharmacy that called saying my prescription was ready, then made me wait 50 minutes when I got there for it.
• the railroads for wanting to increase number of trains to 15 per day, meaning 30 trips per day, with no regard for city/county residents’ quality of life.
• whoever was setting off weapons-grade fireworks in the Greenbelt Golf Course/Columbus Regional Hospital area long after the 11 p.m. curfew.
• the town for the surprisingly little fireworks display Friday night.
• everyone who has been going around/over the top of “Road Closed” signs on County Road 200S.
• The Republic for a poorly written article on the USFA Fastpitch World Series.
• people who are oblivious to the elderly and those who walk with a cane or walker in public places.
• the extremely rude surgery scheduler.
• the company that keeps consultants employed who brag that they do not do anything.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.