Follow The Republic:
• Lori, Sally, Emily and Lindsay in the Pediatric Department of CRH for being outstanding nurses and taking such excellent care of Remington this weekend, from Aaron, Sarah, Ryder and Remington Coffman and family.
• Lori at Destination Travel for all your help with the flight reservations, from Susanne Embry.
• Our Hospice for bringing the Honor Flight film to Hope as part of our Old Fashioned Fourth of July, from a "young" veteran and his family.
• the nice lady in the red van who helped me unlock my van after I locked my keys in it.
• the nice lady at the Kroger gas pumps who wished me a blessed day and gave me a pretty bouquet of flowers Sunday, from Sue.
• Kathy Bush for all your hard work and helpful attitude, from BCSC employee.
• Dr. Max Henry and staff for your great service and professionalism, from David and Diana Davidson.
• the driver of a dark, southbound SUV for not running into the back of my vehicle as you blatantly ran the red light at the corner of 16th and Washington on Monday evening.
• Troy Burton for helping rescue our stalled van in the middle of a downtown intersection, then taking time to check what the problem might be, from the Owens family.
• Adam Mathis for his dedication to the fire department.
• Jake at TCC for being so helpful and patient in getting my phone activated, from a very satisfied customer.
• George DeLay for fixing my water leak, from Donna.
• the great mechanics at Bob Poynter for their quick and efficient help, from the lady with the burned-out front signal bulb.
• Coach Adam Young for doing such a great job with the pony league baseball team, from the Stidam family.
• the vast majority of local residents who understand and appreciate the positive contributions railroads make to our quality of life.
• Dave and Jake Brockman for taking care of our yard, from the Rooks.
• Linda at Kroger for always being so polite and helpful.
• Dan Spartz, Darrel Polly, Columbus Regional Hospital, and Doug Hollenbeck for a memorable Wednesday, July 3, from Kay.
• George Albers for his excellent letter to the editor.
• Andy at Lincoln Square Restaurant for wonderful service and being an awesome server, from Jonita and David London.
• everyone who helped make my 90th birthday such a special day, from Julia Kirk.
• Dave Ward's Carpet Cleaners for a great job on an impossible rug, from Miss Karen.
• the person in the 1900 block of Timbercrest who mowed my grass when I wasn't home on Sunday, from Joan Moore.
• Onions to
• those who forget that people put their time into caring for the downtown flower pots and use them as ash trays, spittoons or trash cans.
• the county highway mowing crews at State Road 58 and 525S for mowing only about 12 inches of grass instead of all of it when they spent the time and equipment to do it.
• people who consistently blame others for their actions and words, taking no responsibility for themselves.
• gas stations in Columbus for raising prices 40 cents in one day.
• the disappointing fireworks this year with no patriotic music.
• the person at the bus stop who put his cigarette out on the ground and left it there.
• people who are still setting off fireworks.
• the person who feeds 14 wild cats.
• the person in the neighborhood who lets his two big dogs defecate on our street every day.
• the computer company that builds computers and reneged twice on service calls to the home of the computer owner.
• the person who put down my son for fighting for our country.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.