Follow The Republic:
• Brenda Shireman and Jolinda Smiar for their cooperation, quick turnaround and graciously agreeing to the format we requested for the 4-H fair results, from the newsroom staff at The Republic.
• Mr. Johnson, Mrs. Drerup, cast, crew and orchestra of "The Sound of Music" for helping me during rehearsals and for fantastic performances, from Molly Hotek.
• Ted Piehl for the quality home improvement work at our home, from the Mackeys.
• the Mill Race Players for the fantastic job on "The Sound of Music" on Sunday.
• the young family with children who gave their gracious and kind remarks to the World War II veteran at Hardee's and presented him with a gift certificate for future meals.
• Big Ken at Save-a-Lot on Sunday for helping me with my groceries, from Evelyn Burton.
• Wade Forman for once again making top gun at Football University, from Grandma and Grandpa Forman.
• Grannie and Pappie Fleetwood for the green beans, from Wade Hooten.
• Dr. Pusca, CRH second-floor cardiac, critical care and rehab nurses for great care, from Tom Brummett.
• Faye Anne Beecher for hosting a pitch-in for the Hauser Class of 1960.
• the city garage for the quick response to the potholes on North Street, from Carol Gleason.
• Bob Poynter Automotive for their involvement in animal care and dog adoptions.
• Nancy Sue Wagner for companionship, patience and physical assistance during our Canadian Rockies trip, from Sarah Webster and Clara Jackman.
• the maintenance man at Larae Apartments for doing a great job in responding to the leak I had after hours, from Jackie Evans.
• people who keep their animals cool and provide water for them during this terrible heat.
• the Corvette Club of Columbus for their hospitality on the recent cruise, from the two Mustang drivers.
• Todd Simpson at Johnny's Muffler for being so good to us, from the Welch family.
• Onions to
• doctors offices that have unprofessional staff members.
• whoever poured oil on the dog that died.
• those responsible for the timing of the stop light at Indiana 11 and 200 South.
• the thief who stole the hummingbird and butterfly solar lights from the flower urn on my sister's grave in Garland Brook.
• the church that has allowed its new parking lot to be taken over by unsightly weeds.
• deadbeat fathers who fail to pay court-ordered child support for the children they claim to love.
• people who live in air-conditioned homes but leave their dogs out all day long in unshaded backyards.
• the baseball team for bragging about outscoring opponents.
• whoever is responsible for making a 72-year-old man show a driver's license to buy a box of Skoal.
• $1.8 million spent on the North High School baseball field when there are homeless people in Columbus.
• those who gossip about others.
• the person in the motorized cart at the grocery store for yelling degrading comments to another shopper.
• the driver who hit and killed the momma and three baby raccoons on State Road 7.
• those who run power tools and lawn mowers on Sunday.
• The Republic for running too much local business news on the front page.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.