Follow The Republic:
• Joe Clark and Bob Hoghland, furniture delivery men from Greemann’s Furniture, for their determination, patience and varied attempts to successfully deliver a sleeper sofa through a small angled opening, from Lillie Christopher.
• the Dewey family for giving us shelter during the storm Saturday afternoon, from Eric.
• the two great kids for their helping hand while shopping at Menard’s on Sunday.
• Dean Johnson for responding quickly to unlock my running car and being friendly and understanding, from a grateful driver.
• Mayor Brown for setting the goal of keeping the public Commons public.
• Kroger manager Paul for seeing that my pork tenderloin slices got tenderized last week, from a happy customer.
• Mary Sue Stone and Tammy Iorio for stopping to help me when I fell into the street in front of my house and could not walk, from Helen Haddad.
• cashier at Marsh on Saturday who went above and beyond helping me retrieve my $20 bill, from Shirley.
• Dave, Terry, Jeremy, Liz, Katie, Bill and Jordan for working so hard on a hot day to make an uncle’s wish come true and my yard look great, from Mom Kay.
• John Hackman and family for a great farm stand for great food and veggies, from Rich.
• Onions to…
• the motorist who hit the baby deer and left it in the road.
• people who talk on their cellphones while at the deli counter.
• whoever stole the whiskey crocks out of my garden.
• gas station for failing to maintain a clean professional environment and allowing illegal activity to happen on the property.
• driver in the subdivision who thinks a cul-de-sac is a one-way street.
• elder-care company that promises big raises and does not deliver.
• company that has lost hard-working, dependable employees by continuing a mandatory seven-day work week.
• neighbor for shooting illegal fireworks and the town that will do nothing about it.
• law enforcement for not doing anything to stop the people who are going around shooting out windows in people’s homes.
• whoever decided to put chip-and-seal on a major thoroughfare such as Marr Road.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!