Follow The Republic:
• customers and co-workers for all the gifts, cards and well wishes on my retirement Friday and to Amy and Ashton for all their hard work making it a day I will never forget, from Diane.
• Kerri, Paula and Dr. Jeff VanDeventer for your compassion, care and ever-gentle touch and for tolerating my music, from Lisa Hill.
• the person who found my cellphone in Kohl’s parking lot and turned it in, from Darryl Bennett.
• the cashier at Circle K on 17th Street for helping fix my $25 Shell gift card and for being so nice and patient and taking the time to fix the problem, from a very grateful customer.
• Judy Lee, for the delicious food, from Hazel and Roger Lee
• my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, sister-
• in-in law and friends for spending all day Labor Day, from Barbara Herold.
• Bridget at Bob Evans for your kindness and generosity to my grandchildren, from the Barrigers.
• Coach Bob Gaddis for not only being an excellent football coach but helping shape his players into good students and citizens, from a fan.
• Onions to…
• people who believe same-sex marriage is wrong and who expect politicians to legislate morality.
• the proofreader at The Republic for not knowing the difference between “edition” and “addition.”
• whoever decided to stop the left-turn light heading east on 25th Street and Herman Darlage.
• too many pictures of the mayor’s staff in The Republic.
• coaches who scream, yell and punch things, setting a poor example for the players.
• the organization that put profit before safety.
• whoever stole the camouflage lawn chairs at the Hospice concert.
• not printing Onions when all guidelines have been followed.
• the business that made it mandatory to work on Labor Day after it was scheduled to be a day off.
• drivers who fail to use turn signals or activate them after they have stopped.
• the person who purchased groceries with food stamps, then paid cash for three large bottles of vodka.
• the person who stole my grandfather’s lawn tractor.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.